TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I don't remember reading about her birthday being Sep 8..

That weekend was supposed to be a celebration:rolleyes:

IMO, I believe her birthday is Aug. 9th, not Sep 8th.....standard way US notates dates: August 9, 1988 (or 08/09/1988). To my foreign born husband, it would be written as 9 August 1988 (and would look like 09/08/1988).

Good luck in our changing how we write dates....still haven’t caught on with going metric!o_Oo_O

IMO, I believe her birthday is Aug. 9th, not Sep 8th.....standard way US notates dates: August 9, 1988 (or 08/09/1988). To my foreign born husband, it would be written as 9 August 1988 (and would look like 09/08/1988).

Good luck in our changing how we write dates....still haven’t caught on with going metric!o_Oo_O
:D:p

Interesting that the suit is for "excessive force." But, it makes sense for Bo's family to file a lawsuit against the City of Dallas, I guess, since civil suits against a suspect are usually reserved for after a criminal trial. The Jeans seem to be avoiding any conflict with a future criminal trial against AG, so as not to compromise evidence. If they do win this suit, I wonder if it may give the prosecution leverage in a case against Guyger, or would they not be able to use any evidence of abuse against the city in a criminal trial?

Botham Jean’s family meet with Dallas DA about case against Dallas officer who killed their son | Crime | Dallas News

Apparently the DA has decided which way the bread is buttered. She asked the Jean's if they would like her to present the case to the Grand Jury, or keep going, they would like the investigation to be as thorough as possible.

The lawsuit is going ahead, focusing on the training of Dallas PD, or lack thereof. Apparently, they treated AG like an "Officer involved shooting", so, now they are stuck with it.

This is very good news. I'm glad they're taking this step. The way that Dallas PD and the county prosecutor have been (not) handling this investigation, a civil suit is probably the only way the public will ever learn what happened. If left just to police to investigate a murder committed by one of their officers, they will drag it out, hide evidence and cover up damaging information. It's been done before. They've already engaged in some unprofessional, unethical behavior.

It will take longer, but most of the facts of the case are more likely to be revealed in the discovery process of a civil trial. I have a feeling that's the family's goal.

“We will be revealing facts in the lawsuit that we believe to be the key narrative about what happened and we don’t want that revelation process to impact the Grand Jury process. We also want to put first things first,” he explained.

Botham's family is going to wait until the GJ proceedings are completed before they file the actual civil suit. At that time, they will have to lay out the facts as they know them. This will take a long time, but that's the way LE and prosecutors are playing the game. They want the story to disappear from public awareness before they make their decision. I'm betting they won't bring criminal charges against the officer.

Last edited:
Please put a question mark where a question mark is supposed to be, otherwise it reads like both a run-on sentence and a statement. Thanks. )
Sorry I read it as a statement of fact.
I'm bowing out of the discussion because I think this is turning into a racial issue which I am never in favor of happening. In closing, my last statement on this case is that I hope for the best, namely that full justice will be served regardless of any factor other than guilt proven beyond a reasonable doubt, which I believe is forthcoming.
<deleted>

Nope.

If she had been cleaning her gun, didn't realize it was loaded and accidentally fired it, that is reckless and manslaughter.

If she dropped her gun and it accidentally discharged, that is reckless and manslaughter.

If for some reason she was dry firing it not realizing it was loaded, that is reckless and manslaughter.

This is not manslaughter.

She unholstered her gun = intent.

She lifted her gun = intent

She aimed = intent

She pulled the trigger and shot = intent

She pulled the trigger and shot a second time = intent.

Her story about thinking it was her own apartment is not credible for many reasons.
it's not murder--plain and simple

Exactly what I said. Dispatch advised a security guard shot the patient (BSJ).

Fact.

AG gave two conflicting statements with regards to how she allegedly gained access to BSJ's apartment.

Fact.

Her second statement is reasonably presumed to have been crafted AFTER she was inexplicably allowed to leave the scene with her liberty, erase her social media (presumed to be very damning) and consult with FOP's attorneys before being interviewed by Rangers who swore an affidavit bearing her second version of events and the Rangers did so apparently without having DPD's case file, their public record filings or even consulting with DPD prior to securing the Manslaughter arrest warrant.

Facts.

I'll assume you have no answer to the garbage spewed by the very boring FOP spokesman whose insulting propaganda is rife with distortion of truth and obfuscation of reality perpetrated upon the public and should have him charged and disbarred if he is an attorney, and if he isn't, then the attorney who wrote and signed off on that speech, disbarred and charged.

My guess is you have no understanding of the subject matter to speak to it?
I don't even have to guess, I know you do not understand it

Nope.

If she had been cleaning her gun, didn't realize it was loaded and accidentally fired it, that is reckless and manslaughter.

If she dropped her gun and it accidentally discharged, that is reckless and manslaughter.

If for some reason she was dry firing it not realizing it was loaded, that is reckless and manslaughter.

This is not manslaughter.

She unholstered her gun = intent.

She lifted her gun = intent

She aimed = intent

She pulled the trigger and shot = intent

She pulled the trigger and shot a second time = intent.

Her story about thinking it was her own apartment is not credible for many reasons.
this is far from being definitely/without a doubt murder
she was not committing a crime before the shooting
she's not a pissed off ex
she's not a serial killer
she doesn't have a history of robbing places
etc
she accidentally went to that room

etc
Being "pissed off" is not in itself a crime. We don't know AG wasn't upset.
Not only serial killers commit crimes.
No one said she went there to rob him.
She entered someone else's home without an invitation or warrant. That's B&E. It's a crime.
There's nothing to justify AG going to Bo's apartment and walking in -- however she gained access. There were plenty of red flags that should have indicated she was at the wrong apartment (if she did go there accidentally) before she walked into someone else's apartment and shot him in cold blood.

Last edited:
She murdered him. period.

An accident calling someone by the wrong name. Shooting someone in their own home, with so many opportunities to stop, is murder.

What is this world coming to when people will say someone is allowed to enter your own home and shoot you to death because of what their occupation is. Shameful

etc

We don't know that. And we don't have the information about the toxicology results...that could change everything.

Although, I am sure that if there is something damning, it will immediately be considered "unreliable" due to collection irregularities. Just wait...

etc
Did she accidentally shoot him?
No
She shot him on purpose with the intent to kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288