TX - Deandre Washington, 10 mos, dies of abusive injuries, 12 March 2009

No kidding the plot thickens Lovejac!

What I see so far, is that this child was left to care for 4 young children. WTH?

The two women involved are telling conflicting stories, and given that at least one has had trouble with CPS in the past...I look for more information to come out once investigators get to the bottom of this.

<rant on>

None of these children stood a chance. Since when is it okay to leave children unattended, even if you want to run out to the store or grab a bite to eat...or whatever the current story is at this time...

You pack your children up and you take them. That's a fact jack. Is it a pain? Sure, it's painful at times, trust me I spent years taking 4 children all born within 5 years of each other to the grocery store with me every single time I went. I didn't get to take a shower or use the bathroom (sorry TMI) without an audience. But that's what having children is all about! Good lord, I hope the truth comes out about this case...I really do.

<rant off>

Unless it was an emergency, why would these mothers leave an 11 year old to watch the younger children. I think they should be charged with something.
12 years can't drink, drive or vote. They are not considered adults until they commit a crime and then they become adults. Something is not right especially when the adults are to blame. Why would a 11 or 12 year old be given the responsibility of an adult. The adults should be held accountable for this. Sounds to me like the Lional Tate case in Florida. Lional's mother went to sleep and left him in charge of a six year old that ended up dead from rough play. He was charged as an adult and the whole thing messed up his life. Even when he was allowed out of prision and sent back to his mother he was unsupervised and got into more trouble. I think it is time that the Adults be held accountable and we stop treating children like adults.

When can CPS start ordering IUDs? (Inter uterine devices)

I realize we cannot sterilize these people...

I know it isn't the answer.

Poor baby, and the poor child. I pray for the best outcome possible.
I wonder if they are getting welfare or should I say our tax dollars. If so no time for work but time to get preg. We should be able to sterilize them.

It sounds like these "mothers" are throwing everyone under the bus...including the children.

And the plot thickens.......

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou090423_mp_family-blames-7-year-old.104d4e4fb.html

Boy suspect&#8217;s family blames 7-year-old in death of baby

09:10 PM CDT on Thursday, April 23, 2009

Well, we know that one of the mothers is lying. I wonder where the siblings of the 11 yr old were while mom was at work and after she got home and either went out with the other mom to get something to eat or she ran errands? If she went to run errands why not take the 11 yr old with her?

It's really hard to tell what happened. I would think that LE talked to the 7,5, and 4 yr olds sperately. That way they would get the story from each of them without them listening to what the other two had to say. I hope LE check the stairs real well to see if there is any evidence that a baby was thrown down them. With all of the skull fractures the baby had it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't get thrown down stairs and hit on them several times.
If the 11 yr old isn't guilty I would hate for him to end up spending years in prison. His story of what happened does make the most sense to me.

I wonder if the 7 yr old didn't get stuck watching the baby a lot even when mom was at home and was busy. Maybe he got tired of taking care of the baby and on the spur of the moment threw him down the stairs.

I hope LE doesn't just focus on the 11 yr old but thoughly investigate the death of the baby and question the little boys more then once.

I wonder if they are getting welfare or should I say our tax dollars. If so no time for work but time to get preg. We should be able to sterilize them.

If the law were changed so that they couldn't get welfare for more than one or two children, I wonder if they would start using birth control really fast?

Unless it was an emergency, why would these mothers leave an 11 year old to watch the younger children. I think they should be charged with something.

Especially not a kid with ADHD. And not babysitting 9 or more siblings!

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere that the 12 yr old was watching 8 of his sibs.... just 4 of the other woman's children. It was said that he was watching the 7, 5, 4 yr olds and the baby. I think the articles just mention that the 12 yr old has 8 brothers and sisters.

The 12 yr old boy's mother works. She left her son there while she was at work. She isn't on welfare...I wonder why that was assumed???

http://calvininjax.wordpress.com/20...er-charge-victim-of-conspiracy-claims-family/

Ronald Ray, the 12-year-old&#8217;s attorney, said the baby&#8217;s seven-year-old brother threw the child down the interior stairs of the family&#8217;s townhouse or over a second-floor railing on March 12. The infant died two days later at Texas Children&#8217;s Hospital.

He said one of the 12-year-old&#8217;s aunts heard the baby&#8217;s brothers say the seven-year-old did it, but were hushed and admonished by the baby&#8217;s grandmother. He said the aunt heard the grandmother tell the boys to stick together and blame the 12-year-old.

Ray said he did not know the aunt&#8217;s name or the name of the baby&#8217;s grandmother.

LE sure has their work cut out for them. I pray they can get to the bottom of this! Everyone says something different.

Could a 7-year-old pick up a 20 lb baby? My kids are young yet, so I don't know the capabilities of an older child.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere that the 12 yr old was watching 8 of his sibs.... just 4 of the other woman's children. It was said that he was watching the 7, 5, 4 yr olds and the baby. I think the articles just mention that the 12 yr old has 8 brothers and sisters.

The 12 yr old boy's mother works. She left her son there while she was at work. She isn't on welfare...I wonder why that was assumed???

Maybe he wasn't watching them all that time(?) but here's a copied-and-pasted quote directly from the article (link at first post on this thread). Bolding is mine :

"Scott says that her son has ADHD, is on medication and had once been suspended, but she says he’s not a violent child. She says that he often took care of his younger siblings. There are nine of them. "

Seems like a single mom with that many kids would be getting some kind of gov't assistance...but, I have to admit, I do not know.

Could a 7-year-old pick up a 20 lb baby? My kids are young yet, so I don't know the capabilities of an older child.

My 4 y.o. son can pick up his twin brothers :)eek: not at the same time) and last time at the ped. they weighed 25 lbs.

I'm not saying he can do it easily, but he can do it.

update with video

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/khou090426_ks_12yr-capital.113509d8f.html

Since the time of the crime, two stories have emerged and the mother of the 12-year-old says he’s being framed.

The 12-year-old says the two siblings of the 10-month-old, 5 and 7-years-old, were the ones who did it.

He said, “the 7-year-old took the baby and threw the baby and he picked the baby up and put the baby on the couch.”

His mother, Tawanna Scott, said the two siblings are lying to cover up what really happened.

CPS investigators say they are looking into both sides of the story, but for now the 12-year-old remains in custody and could face 40 years in prison if convicted

12 years can't drink, drive or vote....

OR HAVE SEX!

For the life of me, I can't understand how a child can be deemed legally unable to consent to sex, but legally able to form the intent necessary to commit and be charged with murder!

(The rest of jblfelines' excellent post is above and should be read by all. I only excerpted the sentence that led into my point.)

So "mom" gives a child adult responsibilities, the outcome is tragic yet predictable.... and the states response it to charge him with an adult crime? How do you get to a capital crime in this situation? Did he intend to kill her? Is it reasonable to think that a 12 year old fully understands the possible ramifications of those actions?

Seems to me mom should be charged with the child's death. She made bad decisions that any "reasonable" adult could predict the possible outcome. She endangered all of them and it was actually her responsibility to care for them, not his.

Had the house burned down and they all died while she was gone and there was no 12 year old to charge, you can bet she would be held responsible for leaving them without any adult supervision and their resulting deaths.

update

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6432225.html

The boy, charged with capital murder in the March death of 10-month-old Deandre Washington, will be under house arrest, supervised by his aunt, grandmother and a cousin who is a Fort Bend school district counselor, Associate Judge Beverly Malazzo said.

His release comes with numerous restrictions. Among them: The boy must attend school, may use a computer only while supervised, may not be home alone, may not have any physical contact with his siblings, and may not have any contact with other children without adult supervision

October 2009:

The capital murder charge filed against a Texas boy accused of killing a baby when he was 12-years-old has been downgraded.

A Harris County grand jury re-indicted the juvenile, who&#8217;s now charged with felony injury to a child in the death of the 10-month-old boy in March.

Defense attorney Ronald Ray told the Houston Chronicle that the maximum possible penalty, 40 years behind bars, remains unchanged.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/67224032.html?device=phone&c=y

October 2009:

But a spokesman for the 12-year-old's family said Thursday that Deandre's 7-year-old sibling held his little brother, who had been crying, and threw him down the stairs in the house.
"I don't know why the 7-year-old would throw him down the stairs," said Minister Johnny Jeremiah, a spokesman for the 12-year-old and his mother, Tawanna Scott.

Jeremiah said the other kids who were in the house at the time, all Deandre's siblings, have apparently said it was the 7-year-old brother who threw the baby but that Deandre's family has tried to keep that quiet.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/local/2014/05/16/2170874/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back