TX - Diann Ford, 22, pregnant, killed in hit & run, San Marcos, 25 Oct 2011

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Hit-run victim gives birth, dies (San Antonio Express-News)
SAN MARCOS — A 22-year-old pregnant woman, the victim of a hit-and-run this week, gave birth to a healthy baby and then died.

Diann Ford was walking home from her job at Long John Silver's restaurant late Tuesday when the incident occurred, San Marcos police Sgt. Christopher Tureaud said.
---
Ford, 37 weeks pregnant, was taken to an Austin hospital that night. She gave birth by cesarean section Wednesday. The baby, a girl, was taken to the hospital's pediatric intensive care unit. Ford died Thursday.
---
and the details, plus a picture of Diann Ford, at link above

Bless this child. May her mama's spirit surround her with love and healing warmth. May she have a long and healthy life unmarred by the trauma of her entry into this world.

RIP Diann :(

OMG, this was a couple of blocks from me!! It sounds like she lives in my neighborhood, it's the only residential area in that direction. How horrible and sad!!! And also sad to me is my kids and I may have interacted with her at some point and I wouldn't have remembered her. Heartbreaking.

The access roads that run along the interstate are SO dangerous to cross, even at intersections. NO walk lights, NO sidewalks, no time to get across the 3-4 lanes at a time before the light changes. People drive 50-60 MPH down them in places. Trying to cross without a light is nigh on impossible...it was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

I am sorry, you poor dear child.

Fight likely over tiny survivor of hit-and-run (San Antonio Express-News)
---
The mother's sister, whose name hasn't been released, was allowed to take the infant to her Houston-area home Friday as the temporary guardian, police said.

On Wednesday, 21-year-old Marcus Enriquez of Luling filed a court petition stating he should be granted custody as the child's father.

Ford's funeral in Houston was on the same day, and Bowens called it odd Enriquez didn't attend.

Enriquez said he was uncertain how he'd be received by her family, who'd never met him. He said he decided to not be disruptive and to grieve with his own family.

He said he hasn't been allowed to see the baby.

“I'm beyond angry,” he said. “I want to see her. I want to know that she's OK and evaluate that for myself.”
---
much more at link above

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie