TX TX - Donna Cloud, 19, Kingwood, 25 Oct 2016

I actually live in Montgomery County, this case has been quite difficult to follow with how much false or inadequate information I’ve seen. I do not know her personally, but being in the area I do follow cases in the Houston area closely and especially living closer to Conroe this is in my county. I still don’t even know if I have seen one certain thing that tells us 100% everything. Why did she not have her wallet? Where did she meet the guy? What car did she go in? Just small things haven’t been answered completely that I’ve seen.

I actually live in Montgomery County, this case has been quite difficult to follow with how much false or inadequate information I’ve seen. I do not know her personally, but being in the area I do follow cases in the Houston area closely and especially living closer to Conroe this is in my county. I still don’t even know if I have seen one certain thing that tells us 100% everything. Why did she not have her wallet? Where did she meet the guy? What car did she go in? Just small things haven’t been answered completely that I’ve seen.
Welcome to Websleuths, CynthiaTakeFive!

Any clue who fathered her child? I dug for a while but couldn't find his name mentioned anywhere. The one guy I checked has a couple of scary posts but I don't know if it is him?

They are saying the UID appears to have red hair. Donna's looks brown, however some darker hair can have a red tint. In one of her photos it looks like she has her hair dyed - the top half looks reddish brown and the ends look an orangey blonde. I would have to do some digging to see what it looked like when she went missing.

Does anyone know if being exposed to heat, water, etc and being in a trash bag would possibly change hair color?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

They are saying the UID appears to have red hair. Donna's looks brown, however some darker hair can have a red tint. In one of her photos it looks like she has her hair dyed - the top half looks reddish brown and the ends look an orangey blonde. I would have to do some digging to see what it looked like when she went missing.

Does anyone know if being exposed to heat, water, etc and being in a trash bag would possibly change hair color?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes! Hair gets its color from two different types of pigments: eumelanin and pheomelanin. Eumelanin is the pigment that gives our hair its darkness, while pheomelanin gives our hair its redness. Eumelanin has two subtypes: black and brown. If you have more black eumelanin in your hair, then it would naturally be a darker color. Consequently, if there is a total lack of black eumelanin and low levels of brown eumelanin, then there is a high chance of you being born with blonde hair.

Pheomelanin, on the other hand, is responsible for adding red and orange colors to your hair. It’s rare to have a high concentration of pheomelanin, which is why there are so few natural redheads in the world but every person has some quantities of it in their hair.

Regarding the color change after death. Eumelanin breaks down easily through the process of oxidization, but pheomelanin does not. Pheomelanin tends to hang around within the hair even after being exposed to extreme conditions. Therefore, under wet oxidizing climates, the eumelanin in the hair is lost over extended periods of time, leaving behind the red pigment, pheomelanin.

So it is NOT uncommon during decomposition under moist conditions for the hair to change to a redder color after death.

Have they ID the remains found at Lake Houston?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Have they ID the remains found at Lake Houston?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No, not yet. Here is the current thread (it was moved/merged which is why the previous link is no longer valid): https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ht-HispFem-20-45-severed-head-red-hair-Mar-18

They released pictures of the UID's hair. Do we know which photo of Donna was closest to when she went missing? They also said the UID had tattooed eyebrows. Donna's eyebrows look like they might be tattooed/semi-permanent tattoos-- Does anyone know if she had that done?

Havn't read through very much of this thread so don't know if the online dating behavior stuff has been discussed much already but I will just chime in on my opinions of them.

People have to be very careful with online dating. I do it myself and I understand the thrill it can bring but at the same time people need to be smart in how they handle it. From the sounds of how she disappeared sounds like she was hooking up with someone. The whole movie explanation is often just a cover because you don't want to tell your family you are actually going to be late because you are going to have sex with someone. I had a woman call her daughter up and say that same exact thing but we were actually in a hotel room getting ready to have sex and she was just calling her daughter up before hand letting her know she was going to be late.

THe younger girls especially need to be careful when it comes to online dating because they are going to be targeted more by the people that will commit crimes because they are usually easier targets (not as smart and won't be as good at recognizing situations they need to stay away from).

Best thing to do is talk a little while before you meet. Have one or two phone conversations before you agree to meet and if you sense any red flags at all call the whole thing off. Secondly don't do a quote on quote 'hook-up'. Sex on the first date definitely does happen fairly often but set up a situation where you agree to go out just for a date and if you get a long well sex could be an option. Don't go into these dates determined to have sex right from the beginning.

Did they ever discover who she met that night?

Ahh ok. Just noticed that plenty of fish was the site she met the person off of. Pof is especially a site you need to be careful with because it has a reputation as being a bit of a hook up site. People can use it anyway they want so you can use it for regular dating, casual dating, or hook ups. A lot of people do use it for hook ups though so that is why it got the reputation it did.

Thief allegedly taunts boy before stealing raffle jar in New Caney
Donna Kay Cloud's disappearance makes no sense. Her loved ones remain desperate for answers.

The teenager and mother of a little boy went missing in late October 2016. Donna told the family she was headed on a blind date at Kingwood restaurant.

They haven't seen or heard from her in all that time.

People are greedy. If they do know something, maybe if we can get that up, then we can get someone to come forward and tell us where she is," said her grandmother Donna Brock. "Someone knows something. Someone doesn't just vanish without a trace."

Thief allegedly taunts boy before stealing raffle jar in New Caney
Donna Kay Cloud's disappearance makes no sense. Her loved ones remain desperate for answers.

The teenager and mother of a little boy went missing in late October 2016. Donna told the family she was headed on a blind date at Kingwood restaurant.

They haven't seen or heard from her in all that time.

People are greedy. If they do know something, maybe if we can get that up, then we can get someone to come forward and tell us where she is," said her grandmother Donna Brock. "Someone knows something. Someone doesn't just vanish without a trace."

Horrible. Just horrible. I hope they find the thief. Sounds like he knows something.

I've been in touch with a NCMEC case manager on another missing person case. He has now been given this case. He is just starting out and almost has no information. He wants to help the family, LE does not want outside agencies involved, so I'm bumping up this thread, asking if someone who has been following this case can summarize what has been discussed here and any theories that are worth following by NCMEC.

TIA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back