TX TX - Donna Cloud, 19, Kingwood, 25 Oct 2016

So much time has gone by, another year, Christmas, yet there’s still nothing new, correct? I would think there would be some sort of progress by now. Even just the smallest inch. I don’t think we’ve even got that.

I came to check for updates on Donna...and I have to say, I’m just more heartbroken than before. I don’t follow Facebook because it’s frankly difficult to find facts there, so I decided to put together a little something for Donna with some of the things I had saved. Maybe this will help others just learning of Donna’s disappearance and even those of us who have followed her story for awhile.

I have all the media links I could find, the pertinent missing person websites, social media, etc., etc. Along with photos of Donna and a few videos about her. I probably missed a ton of stuff but if anyone finds an error or something I can add to the document, let me know and I’ll be glad to edit it!

I truly hope this helps!! In ANY way. It’s time for her to come home!

Donna Kay Cloud - 2016 - Texas

I was typing ....... this up in hopes to get a timeline or something to go off of, but I can't make heads or tails of any of it. Frankly, it pi$$es me off. 2016 - TWENTY SIXTEEN is when Donna went missing and here we are in 2020 with no more clue as to her location than the day she disappeared. I'm going to keep most of my opinions to myself and go ahead and post this information since I took so long typing it up. It was supposed to be a summary of facts but to be honest, I only found one thing to be 100% factual - Donna is missing.

Purple = locations of interest
Turquoise = Donna's (alleged) text messages
Orange = Donna's father's (alleged) text messages

OCTOBER 31, 2016

- Tuesday 10/25 missing from Splendora after going on date with someone she met online
- Dad bought her a phone from WalMart and she had been conversing with someone on the internet and told them she was going on a date
- Dad knew the date was at Texas Roadhouse in Kingswood and date offered to take her
- Dad/Stepmom didn’t know who the male was
- Wednesday 10/26 was the last text, Donna said (1)she was probably going to the mall and to see a movie but wasn’t sure yet
- Dad searched phone records and Facebook and found no signs of her

OCTOBER 31 - updated NOVEMBER 01, 2016
- Donna went on a blind date Tuesday 10/25
- No one had heard from her since she left Wednesday night 10/26
- Dad found out she didn’t know the guy after she had already left
- Dad made the comment to her through her messaging thatthat's not a very smart thing to do
- Stepmom said Donna texted on 10/25 (2)'I'm going to get Redbox movies, go back to his house, I will probably be back in the morning-- if you don't hear from me by 2am -- call the cops.'
- Dad said they didn’t know what he was driving, who he was....'we never saw a vehicle, never saw a face, never really heard a name
- Law enforcement deputies believe Cloud may have met the man online, but so far his identity is unknown.
- Some of her friends claim the man was from Liberty, Texas-- and the couple left in his car, but they don't know what type
- Investigators think the date may have taken place at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant near Kingwood

NOVEMBER 01, 2018
- Media source “Texas woman went on a date a week ago, contacted someone the next night, then vanished”
- Donna hasn't been seen or heard from by her family since 10/26, the night after she went on a date with a man, whose identity isn't known. Deputies believe she may have met the man online.
- Investigators believe the two may have gone to the Texas Roadhouse in the Kingwood area, but aren't sure.

NOVEMBER 10, 2018
- Donna was last seen on Tuesday 10/25
- Donna’s last contact was Wednesday 10/26
- There were several unconfirmed sightings of Donna and an unknown white male in Cleveland
- Last week rumors circulating that she had been found were untrue
- Dad said the surveillance video does not show Cloud at Texas Roadhouse
- Dad said “I don't know what kind of people she got mixed up with. There have been a lot of things that appear to have been done to throw things off the track and cause confusion. When I heard she had been seen with a male friend in the Cleveland area and no foul play was involved, I was relieved to know she was okay. It took me a few hours to even believe she was okay. I was so hurt she would do this."
- Dad learned that the sightings of his daughter were unconfirmed and no one had actually spoken to her.
- Shane Stewart, a Houston-based private investigator, was among a group of volunteers who tried to help law enforcement early in the investigation by passing on information. Stewart said he has since backed away from the case because of inconsistent information from the family and his concern that her disappearance is being used for financial gain. Stewart says that Cloud's case has been "so ridiculous that I want zero involvement in any other missing adult case in the future." He believes that a heated argument between Cloud and Beaty through text messages prompted her to leave. "Some people claim she is doing this to hurt her father but she is hurting everyone if she is still out there," Stewart said. "Do I believe she is alive? Yes. Do I believe she is in danger? No, but I hope I don't have to eat my words later." Stewart said the alleged sightings of Cloud in the Cleveland area placed her with an unknown white male in a red, four-door car, but again, these are unconfirmed.

NOVEMBER 22, 2018 - Letter from Dad
- It’s all about him and his/family’s reputation
- “I never could have dreamed someone we trusted would base their findings on mere assumption’s that she was located safe. For several days we believed Donna was safe and were waiting patiently to see her. Personally it took me over 4 hours to believe this was the truth before I posted about it on Face Book. On the following Monday we heard from the Sheriff ‘s Office that all the info we were given about her being safe were cruel assumptions and simply was not a true fact. None of the information given to us was verified by anyone in any way shape or form. We were then left single handedly searching for our daughter as well as trying to correct all the damage that had been done.”
- We excepted help from areas we felt were trustworthy but later came to regret this decision.

JANUARY 04, 2017
- Cloud claimed she had connected with a man on Facebook through mutual friends. According to the family, both agreed to go on a date at the Texas Roadhouse in Kingwood on Oct. 25. She hasn't been seen in person since that evening
- Stepmom said Donna said (3)she would be over on the 27th between 11 and 11:30 for us to meet this guy. Well, that was the last communication we had with her.
- Dad said Donna texted him the next day 10/26. In messages shared with Eyewitness News, Donna writes, (4)"I will see you in the morning the date went great he's super nice I will call if I need anything."
- Investigators said she and her family had some type of disagreement prior to her disappearance. - - Investigators said they are concerned about the case and multiple detectives are assigned to it.
- Investigators said Donna had no cell phone to trace for a location or credit cards and that she is known to hang out with an unsavory crowd
- Detectives said there is no evidence at this moment to suggest foul play or to support the notion Donna met up for a blind date.

JUNE 09, 2017
- Investigators have no new information and have nothing to suggest she has been harmed
- Initially, it was reported that Cloud had gone on a date with an unknown male; however, law enforcement has been unable to corroborate that claim.
- Detectives checked the surveillance video from the restaurant but found no signs of Cloud.
- “The detective who is working the case is in constant communication with her grandmother. Some of the family members have hurt our investigation more than they have helped. They logged into her social media accounts that we could have used to develop leads,"
- The sheriff's office is still considering the possibility that she might have voluntarily walked away from her family, a claim her father vehemently denies.
- Dad admits the two had a strained relationship but says she would not have disappeared without a word to him or the grandmother who raised her.

ROUTES PER FACEBOOK
- Donna left home in Splendora and went south to New Caney
- She returned back down Hwy 59 to Cleveland going out 105 making several stops on her way to Spring
- After many other numerous stops eventually, she went into the Westchase area of Harris County
- Shortly after 1 AM on 10/27, she went off the grid
(Westchase area around 290 in Houston is where she fell off the grid) not Westchase... willow brook maybe?

Tuesday 10/25 ???? *************************
Splendora -> Hwy 59 to
New Caney -> Hwy 59 back to
Cleveland -> took 105 to 45 making several stops before
(Spent the night in Liberty???) 10/26
Spring -> after numerous stops (?)
Westchase area in Harris Co. -> 290
Houston (Westchase) she fell off the grid

Thursday 10/27 1:00am *********************

Happy Mother’s Day, Donna. I can only hope that your son is thinking about you in the best way. I wish you were there with him. I hope you’re found soon.
Proverbs 31:25: "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come."

Started on another site and fell right back into favorite haunts.
FWIW: I live in the area. If this hasn’t been posted, to go from Splendora to Cut n Shoot back down 59/69 to 45 and back around then to Westchase in West Houston? Are you kidding me? From country red necks to high society? No one drives around like that unless it’s business. Or bad. Hour and half drive or more, as the crow flies, and if you’re stopping, forever. Even then it’s not likely. It’s day and night. East LA to Beverly Hills. Manhattan to Newark. It’s every socioeconomic neighborhood that Houston and surrounding areas have to offer. It would not even be a Uber route. Trailers, to townhouses, old doublewides, new condos, multimillion dollar houses and everything in between. That cell was a red herring.
But I guess she’s still missing. Going to go back and read all of WS posts. See what I can think of.

What I can think of is she’s long dead. Up there, LE probably knows or has a really good idea of who did it. Can’t prove it, too much trouble to prove it or have more important cases to prove. Or, God strike me down, maybe LE is dirty. Drugs are a very lucrative business. And like any other business, needs security or protection.
Her family seems like they could be difficult to advise/handle so LE stopped using their assistance/information. And, that’s that. Unless someone confesses, I don’t believe it’ll get solved. Her remains might get found. But I’m more likely to think they have disappeared, maybe in a burn pile. There is so much land up that way, wild, flooded, and uninhabited. Sad.

Last edited:
All I know (and I have probably said this at some point in this thread already) is that whenever it comes out that the individual was likely involved in drug activity that opens up all kinds of worms. If she did disappear as a result of whatever drug circles she was involved with chances are likely slim that her body will ever get found. Her remains are likely either ashes right now or they are in a place where they know it won't ever be found.

Details of disappearance updated:
Donna Kay Cloud – The Charley Project

Cloud was last seen in Splendora, Texas on October 25, 2016. She had recently moved in with her father, and he later claimed she left home to go on a blind date with an unidentified man she'd met online. However, this story was untrue; in fact, Cloud's father had asked her to leave following an argument. Two men picked her up; one of them said he dropped her off safe later that night.

Either shortly before or shortly after midnight on October 26, Cloud's Facebook account accepted friendship requests from two men. She was active online in the early morning hours of October 27, searching for friends on Facebook and search terms on Google. She was apparently traveling between Conroe, Texas and Houston, Texas, but her trail ended in the Westchase area of Houston just after 1:00 a.m. on October 27. She has never been heard from again.

Prior to her disappearance, Cloud had an abusive ex-boyfriend, and another man had threatened her. The ex-boyfriend has passed a polygraph in her case. She doesn't have any credit cards, and she left her car, money, identification and clothes behind. She also left a three-year-old son.

According to Cloud's father, their relationship was "strained" but he didn't believe she would have abandoned her family. Her case remains unsolved.

I just read about Donna's disappearance on the Charley Project, and it appears, that she too, friended men on Facebook immediately before she disappeared leaving everything, except for her phone, and the clothes she had on her back behind, including, sadly, her 3 year old son. Donna's father initially told authorities the "blind date from the internet" story instead of admitting they had had a falling out and he had asked her to leave. It appears she did go on a date, but the "unidentified" male said he dropped her off at home safely before midnight on October 26. It was at this time the facebook/google activity began and ended abruptly after 1 a.m. on October 27, with no further activity and never to be heard from again. It is unusual in my opinion to go out on a date and not take your purse, with ID and money..etc.. as a female, my purse is the ONE THING I always take when going out. The last place anyone, especially a woman, wants to be is stuck without their own money or lipstick etc...and a place to put your phone. I have no idea if she took these things with her and actually did return home to turn around and leave it all there the next time she leaves. And if she was asked to leave by her father, and I am just assuming this meant to go stay somewhere else, why would she not take her child and at the very least, if needing to get settled, her purse and clothing? Donna, I hope you are out there somewhere, and I have the same hope for you as I do for so many that are missing, and that is that you will be found one way or another, and in the likely event of foul play, the culprit is discovered and brought to justice. I read an interesting article, and I say this only because it was asking for volunteers to help with search and recovery...Montgomery County Police Reporter

Last edited:
I just read about Donna's disappearance on the Charley Project, and it appears, that she too, friended men on Facebook immediately before she disappeared leaving everything, except for her phone, and the clothes she had on her back behind, including, sadly, her 3 year old son. Donna's father initially told authorities the "blind date from the internet" story instead of admitting they had had a falling out and he had asked her to leave. It appears she did go on a date, but the "unidentified" male said he dropped her off at home safely before midnight on October 26. It was at this time the facebook/google activity began and ended abruptly after 1 a.m. on October 27, with no further activity and never to be heard from again. It is unusual in my opinion to go out on a date and not take your purse, with ID and money..etc.. as a female, my purse is the ONE THING I always take when going out. The last place anyone, especially a woman, wants to be is stuck without their own money or lipstick etc...and a place to put your phone. I have no idea if she took these things with her and actually did return home to turn around and leave it all there the next time she leaves. And if she was asked to leave by her father, and I am just assuming this meant to go stay somewhere else, why would she not take her child and at the very least, if needing to get settled, her purse and clothing? Donna, I hope you are out there somewhere, and I have the same hope for you as I do for so many that are missing, and that is that you will be found one way or another, and in the likely event of foul play, the culprit is discovered and brought to justice. I read an interesting article, and I say this only because it was asking for volunteers to help with search and recovery...Montgomery County Police Reporter
Thank you so much for this!
I’m curious to know what you think has happened to Donna.

Nancy Grace did a podcast on Donna last year. I didn't see it posted here and I haven't listened to it yet so I'm not sure if there is anything of interest in it or not. MOO

JUL 30, 2020
Thursday Crime Stories: Teen Mom goes on a ‘blind date,’ never seen again. What happened to Donna Kay Cloud? – Crime Online
Joining Nancy Grace today:
  • James Shelnutt – 27 years Atlanta Metro Major Case detective, SWAT Officer (RET) Attorney
  • Sheryl McCollum – Cold Case Investigative Research Institute Founder
  • Dr. Bethany Marshall – Psychoanalyst, Beverly Hills
  • Alexis Tereszcuk – Investigative Journalist Crime Online

I just saw that there’s a change.org (not sure if I can link it, but a quick google search will pull it up) for Donna Kay in hopes of getting new investigators working on her disappearance. What are y’all’s thoughts?

New investigators? Like, new agency? That doesn’t seem promising. I hope she’s found regardless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back