TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #1

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by BrownRice, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. callyn

callyn Well-Known Member

Some of my doctors do still use written prescriptions. Most transmit them by computer though.

2. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

But the police could be saying that to keep the shooter calm and in one place until they have enough to arrest him. No sense in spooking the shooter if they don't have enough to arrest him yet. And make CC relax, ie., yeah, we believe your story completely. She may relax too much and let something slip. Everything the police say or do is for a reason, especially if they are still looking for more arrests or if they don't believe CC.

3. Coquette

Coquette Observer

Exactly. And this is the case in the state of Texas.

4. wendybtn

Perhaps some of us have had different experiences following various cases throughout our lives?? No one is saying anyone is right or wrong. We are just sleuthing, suggesting different theories, exchanging ideas. When I get exhausted with it, I do something else.

5. wendybtn

I love having an active imagination! Did your parents or a teacher ever tell you don't believe everything you read? A healthy skepticism never really hurt anyone that I am aware of.

6. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Well-Known Member

I always chuckle when I see someone on The First 48 confess that they were their to rob someone but the other guy pulled the trigger. Lol

Then they are surprised when they are charged with capital murder. Lol.

Cortes must have never watched that show. And I am glad that she hasn't.

7. wendybtn

8. Coquette

Coquette Observer

I love having an active imagination too! It is simply my understanding that we accept information here provided by LE, no? Perhaps a mod can clarify. I get the desire to run wild with this. It's incredibly tempting as there has been very little information released to the public thus far. MOO.

9. lauriej

lauriej 'wild rose country...'

10. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

But we have all seen LE publicly make statements which change over time as more facts come in. Even statements made in warrants can modify over time. JMO

11. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Well-Known Member

Imagine there was no speculation on this thread. The thread would be 5 pages at most. And this case would be lost with many others. Jmo.

12. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

Keep in mind that the general rule of thumb on WS is that speculation must be based on "fact", where facts have been provided. In this case, facts are included in the arrest warrant.

"Suspect Cortez drove the unknown male suspect to 1700 Cedar Springs Road. Once there, the unknown male suspect exited the vehicle, shot Complainant Hatcher and took several items of her property. The complainant died at the scene. Detectives were able to corroborate the suspect's statement through witness statements as well as survellance video footage from the offense location."<bbm>[HR][/HR]The above is about as straightforward as any statement can be.

We can speculate about other things: Was CC an innocent dupe? Who hired whom? Was this truly a random robbery? If not, what was the motive? Did CC know the victim?

A lot of room exists for speculation. But in regard to the above, it stands as stated. The shooter was a man, driven to the scene by Cortez. Witness statements and surveillance video show these things to be true.

13. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

In my state they do just about all prescriptions new and refills on the computer or fax except for controlled drugs..Xanax for one.

For those you need to see your doctor who writes out the prescription and you walk it to the pharmacy with ID. Usually two refills on those. Then back to the doctor for a new written prescription.

14. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

Wow when did that happen? Does that change things up a bit?

As Nancy Grace would say 'bombshell'!

15. eucalyptuz

eucalyptuz Well-Known Member

Re the 2 charges:

Is it possible that Kendra was pregnant? Would fetal homicide incur a separate charge in Texas?

16. Coquette

Coquette Observer

Thanks for that, Bessie! I love good speculation, but this was indeed my understanding in regard to "facts" that have been provided via the arrest warrant.

17. FerrariRose

FerrariRose Active Member

I just received a paper script from my doctor yesterday.

18. verbonica

verbonica Well-Known Member

Good thinking!

Texas* Tex. Penal Code Ann. § 1.07 relates to the death of or injury to an unborn child and provides penalties. The law defines an individual as a human being who is alive, including an unborn child at every stage of gestation from fertilization until birth.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/fetal-homicide-state-laws.aspx

19. Coquette

Coquette Observer

I'm not getting anything when I search those two case numbers. Can you provide a direct link or screenshot?

20. Hejlena

Hejlena Former Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.