TX - Edgar Whitt for sex abuse, child endangerment, Big Spring, 2012

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Filly, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

At 1:36 AM police encountered a 7 Year old who was riding his bike telling them he was running away from home.

No doubt the poor lil guy had good reason for his escape. Police went to his home to find he was being held in a staright jacket. Poor kid. It's not clear how he escaped.

Sadly it also came to light that he was born to his mom who is the biological woman's biological father.

More at link including mugshots.

http://www.oaoa.com/news/child-84286-county-howard.html

Tamara Ruth Whitt

and

Edgar Dale Whitt

Judgement reserved for this lady because I have no idea in Holy He*l how bad that had to be.

Two other children were removed from the home as well.

2. Loading...

3. Filly

4. Filly

My bad. The thread head should be "boy" singular. Also, I got confused with a father being a grandfather and biology and all that.

Basically, the neighbor already called CPS back in January. The family lived with no water for at least the last year. Edgar Whitt wouldn't let Tamara Whitt out of his sight and also covered all the windows in the home.

http://www.kwes.com/story/17205634/...gation-tells-newswest9-they-called-cps-before

It looks like he's originally from AL or MS, and has lived all over the place. I shudder to think how many other families are out there in plain sight like this?

That little guy not only saved himself, but saved the whole shabang.

Gotta wonder where Tamara Whitt's mother is? If my hunch is right she got some nerve or no nerve or maybe she was kept in a straight jacket?

5. Lovejac

Lovejac These boys are my heartstrings!

Wha :eek:

This one has me scratching my head.

Are all of the 3 kids products of incest? or just the boy?

I need to go wash my brain, I'll check back later. *shudder*

6. Lovejac

http://www.bigspringherald.com/content/authorities-abused-youth-was-running-away-home

7. Filly

Jesus take the wheel. If the oldest child is fathered by "him" than who do the two youngest belong to? How does that work? Where's the grandmom and does she or did she know?

Oh yeah that guy has lived all over. Name it. Don't even freak out, but somewhere someone asked if the mom is actually the father/grandpop's sister's child? Like than he'd be her Uncle too. That I believe was speculation, but who knows?

This littles will at least I pray be given a good chance at a decent life.

Were the other two kids restrained as well? Man, the 7 year old had more sense than the adults.

8. Lovejac

http://www.bigspringherald.com/content/additional-charges-filed-against-whitt

Additional charges filed against Whitt

9. Filly

Sheesh, criminal trespassing and profanity at one of the kids schools and then he goes to a Christian daycare and cusses them out. Would a person have the nerve when they're the father and grandfather of the kid? Not to mention they just moved there?:what::what::what:

10. southernnana

southernnana New Member

:eek:hoh: :eek:hoh: :eek:hoh: ....

Will someone please tell me why the suspects' names all seem to be highlighted in red?

Is this being done for any particular reason? I had planned to post.

Thanks! :wave:

11. Luckyswife

Luckyswife New Member

That man should rot in prison.

12. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

BBM

Signs of an obsession with his daughter? Did he not want others seeing in, or he didn't want her seeing out?

I question whether it is right to charge the mother in this case. If she was being isolated from others as well as being abused and controlled, and if she had grown up that way she probably really didn't know any better or didn't know what to do.

What surprises me in this case is that he acknowleged the father/daughter relationship. I am surprised that he didn't move in and introduce them as husband/wife. Which makes me wonder, was it because he didn't care or because he didn't know any better?

13. sleuthin4fun

sleuthin4fun New Member

I feel like I could puke!

14. Lois Lane

Lois Lane New Member

He probably won't.

http://www.kwes.com/story/19627994/howard-county-asst-da-speaks-about-edgar-whitt-plea-deal

15. Lois Lane

Lois Lane New Member

16. Lois Lane

Lois Lane New Member

Orr said he was satisfied with the outcome of the plea agreement, despite the dismissal of several charges.

http://www.bigspringherald.com/content/whitt-gets-10-years-prison-time

Ugh.

A short sentence from a West Texas jury on this case?

Not very likely if LE and prosecutors have done their job well.

MOO.

17. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

As gross as this is, what he did doesn't carry a long prison sentence from what I can tell.

In a quick google effort, incest between consenting adults in the US is a class c felony (some states call it a third degree felony, same thing) and it carries a sentence of 2-10 years.

18. Lois Lane

Lois Lane New Member

Whitt was charged with and pled guilty to a second degree felony. Second degree felony in Texas is 2-20 years.

http://www.bigspringherald.com/content/authorities-abused-youth-was-running-away-home

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.25.htm

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.12.htm

BBM

19. southernnana

southernnana New Member

March 21, 2012 - Post #4

March 21, 2012 - Post #6

I followed this case even though I did not post. I did extensive sleuthing trying to find a mother figure, or other relatives for Tamara Whitt. The only results I had was just what Filly said, Edgar Whitt had lived everywhere. Hard to track in court records for that reason. and I suspected names were changed all along.

iMO, Edgar Whitt was a vile, evil person. I so much wanted to see him be imprisoned for many, many years. Tamara should have also received a jail term for her part in the child endangerment/child abuse. Those charges were apparently dropped in the plea deal. I felt fairly confident that all three of the children were fathered by Edgar Whitt. If the court did their job, DNA records on all three children would have been established early on for evidence of incest.

I hope and pray the three little children have good homes and never have to see the faces of Edgar and Tamara Whitt for the rest of their lives. :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

My feelings on learning of the plea deals and light sentence for Edgar and lack of any sentence for Tamara was disgust.

20. southernnana

southernnana New Member

:tyou:

Hi Lois, I would like to personally thank you for letting us know the outcome of this horrible case of incest. It is comforting to know that the community of Big Spring is outraged about the outcome of this case as well, and that
    there are people like you who cared enough to follow it to the end.

My concern now is that in some way Tamara Whitt will regain custody of the children, to benefit from the state welfare income for them, as none of the three children appear to be privately adopted but are in the control of Texas DFPS's conservatorship program.

21. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member