TX TX - Edith 'Edie' Sax, 50, Houston, 25 April 2014

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by OkieGranny, Mar 15, 2015.

1. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

[​IMG]

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crim...30000-reward-offered-for-the-answer/70223810/

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/03/15/police-reopen-investigation-into-texas-nurses-death/21153495/

2. Loading...

3. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thread OkieGranny. I was reading about this case yesterday and find it quite interesting. I wonder who is responsible.....will be keeping an eye on this thread too. Google alert set.

4. panthera

panthera Retired WS Staff

Is LE suggesting she was in a relationship with one of these two unidentified men seen around the house? Was there evidence found suggesting a relationship or was the house found in disarray such as a robbery being committed? Someone could know the layout of the house and her schedule without being close to her, in my opinion. The wording by the HPD investigator is confusing.

:waitasec:

MOO

5. OkieGranny

A familial relationship seems more likely if money was the motive. Not necessarily, but more likely.

They haven't released enough info to go on yet, really. I wonder what was the tipping point that convinced LE to reopen the case.

And where did all that money come from? Was it hers? Her husband's? Nurses can make pretty good money with the right specialty and the right employer, but not many accumulate multi-million dollar estates to leave to their heirs.

6. panthera

panthera Retired WS Staff

It sounds like it could be an inheritance of some type, as there is mention of money being a motive, yet the husband has been cleared. Even with the wages nurses receive, I cannot imagine her accumulating that much through her work. Curious who the beneficiaries are of her Will.

MOO

7. OkieGranny

8. CaseyLucas

CaseyLucas New Member

9. CaseyLucas

CaseyLucas New Member

10. Mountaingazer

Mountaingazer Well-Known Member

11. Kip

Kip Active Member

Why on earth would anyone have a $5 million (!!!) insurance policy on this woman? Who took out the policy? I wonder if it was done with Edie's knowledge or if the person who took it out forged her signature.