TX TX - Eliga 'Ray' Ferguson, 56, Palmer, 3 Dec 2013

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by zwiebel, Dec 30, 2013.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

2. Loading...

3. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Attached Files:

4. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Oh no. Just saw he was talking to his wife and the call was suddenly cut off. And the trailer was empty. I wonder if the load was a valuable one?

5. Ransom

Ransom Former Member

6. alreetlike

alreetlike All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -

I guess something made him stop and pull over suddenly. If it was while he was on the phone to his wife you'd think he'd mention something though ("hey there's a car in trouble here, I'll call you back" or something). Unless he just lost his signal and then something else happened.

7. Ransom

Ransom Former Member

8. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Thanks Ransom, that is really useful but worrying - why in the heck are so many truckers going missing?

I see on the FB there is yet another person who thinks you have to wait 48 hours before reporting a person missing. Sigh.

9. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

10. Ransom

Ransom Former Member

11. beachlvr0810

beachlvr0810 New Member

It's easy money...I work for a major distribution company and we have had our trailers stolen off the lots of another trucking company who was supposed to deliver our goods, they've been stolen off of the lots at truck stops and at restaurants. The worst one was when 4 truck drivers broke onto the trucking company's lot, hooked up to 4 of our trailers, rammed through the gate and took off with all 4 fully loaded trailers worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. One of our trailers was found in West Virginia up in the woods and another trailer had already been painted, covering up the logo. The thieves who have hit us are not stupid. They seem to know which trucking companies are hauling our goods exclusively. A lone trucker is an easy target, especially if he's pulling a trailer that doesn't have a massive logo on it. Once the thieves park the trailer, they can unload the goods with a forklift in a matter of minutes. My father in law is a trucker and I worry about him all the time. I pray Eliga doesn't end up like the trucker they found in somebody's back yard a few years ago.

12. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

It seems it isn't even known if Palmer PD have asked Texas Equusearch for help yet. He is not on their website yet. What a shame. They're the best.

I saw Hal Ticknor on there. I so hoped he would be found. His case was so sad.

http://texasequusearch.org/

13. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

14. momma6

momma6 New Member

missing Lufkin truck driver
    By Gary Bass

Updated: 12/11/2013 4:52 pm EST

A Silver Alert has been issued for a 56-year-old Lufkin man who went missing in Palmer on Dec. 3. The man's tractor-trailer was found empty with the engine still running.

The Palmer Police Department confirmed that a Silver Alert was issued for Eliga Ray Ferguson Jr.

According to an e-mail from his daughter-in-law, Natasha Meeks, Ferguson was on his way from Houston to drop off a load in Dallas when he stopped at a truck stop in Palmer. Meeks said Ferguson called his wife shortly after he stopped, and the call was cut off in the middle.

"Please help us find him and get him back to our family for Christmas," Meeks said.

When Ferguson's 18-wheeler was found, it was still running, Meeks said. In addition, there was a half-eaten banana in the truck's cab.

Anyone with any information about Ferguson's whereabouts should call the Palmer Police Department at (972) 449-3271 or the Angelina County Sheriff's Office at (936) 634-3331.

This is very odd. As far as i know they still have no leads on him.

15. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/m...d='M1/9/201412:41:12PM'&Person=Missing Person

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Missing Person Details

Date Picture Updated: 1/9/2014
    Eliga Ray Ferguson
    Name: Eliga Ray Ferguson
    AKA: Ray Ferguson
    Case Number: M1401003
    Case Type: Involuntary
    Last Seen in: Palmer (Ellis County)
    Last Seen on: 12/3/2013
    Height: 5' 08" Weight: 150 lbs.
    Date of Birth: 10/14/1957 Age Missing: 56
    Eye Color: Green Hair Color: Blonde
    Race: White Sex: Male
    State Missing From: Texas
    Country Missing From: USA

Circumstances: Mr. Ferguson has a medium build and was last seen wearing a baseball cap, blue shirt with blue jeans. He is known to wear a goatee and mustache. Mr. Ferguson's tractor trailer was found empty with the engine running.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.waxahachietx.com/midloth...cle_802c7449-a71b-5ff7-8a6c-dcc87ba9428f.html

17. KateB

KateB New Member

Thanks Granny for the update. Here's an article from Nov 5 on the discovery.
    http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/el...cle_f9638018-928f-5c54-baa6-e06e15018e4b.html

There's only one truck stop in Palmer that I could find. Here's a map from there to East Campus Road.
    http://goo.gl/maps/2VmpW

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/23947
    Ray is listed in NamUs now. DNA is completed.

18. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member