TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I'd love to know if she was an online gamer. Knowing she loved Star Wars, Harry Potter, cos play events, etc. I don't think it's a big leap to make that she possibly played online video games.

After watching AS's video a few times, I'm pretty convinced the shooter was a male, by his voice, his walk, and his run back to the truck. But the way he says "I got you b!tch!" sounds so much like something we would say when we kill someone while gaming (pvp'ing). Even the way they hold their weapon looks video game-ish.

I've been playing MMO's for almost 20 years and you wouldn't believe the crazy things I've witnessed in that time. Many, many, many love triangles, divorces, fraud schemes, etc... You can get really close and form real relationships with people especially if you're in a guild or clan and spend hours everyday playing together. A person from an online game might not necessarily know her address and roads well (hence the recon) and Liz will mostly likely not recognize someone right away that she's gamed with.

I feel like if this were a professional hit, they may have done recon in a different vehicle, then the morning of the killing taken a completely different car and shot from a distance. Why would you want your face seen? This killing was emotional and personal, IMO. I'd almost bet my life savings that this was not a professional hit. In the killer's eyes, Liz did them wrong. Did she stumble upon a love triangle situation and sell someone out to their partner? Did she call CPS on someone and their kids got taken away? Did she get someone in trouble or they lost their job? There is obviously something we are missing... (duh! lol)

If you read this far, thanks for hanging in there with me. I just can't get past the "I got you b!tch!" and how the majority of the people I game with, including myself, use that term. Could be nothing, could be something to check out.

New info would be great.

This case bothers me a lot, too. I've wondered if they have a good idea of who is responsible and just need more evidence, but not sure.

I used to get hung up on the idea that the perp knew of the sale, but I don't think that's necessarily true anymore. They would have caught her outside or gone to the door etc to get it done, imo.

If the shooter was stalking Elizabeth for the purpose of murder, anytime/any place, then there was a missed chance/opportunity while at the Starbucks shop real early. EB could hv been assassinated most anywhere. Along the sidewalk.

Shoot in the parking lot of the Starbucks shop then speed away. But, no this was very personal and it was before a 5th Wedding Ann and celebratory trip to HP at Disney. I suppose SB was able to obtain any deposited funds used for holding reservations in Orlando since EB died the day before their travel date to Orlando; trip to celebrate Feb 1 wedding ann.

Those residential Nest cams are effective for capturing entry via motion detection near the front door where the Killer would need to stand in order to knock on the door/ring the doorbell to garner EB's attention. Not gonna happen in front of the door camera bc the shooter doesn't want to be caught on video.

All jmhoo

Man, I'd love to know if she was an online gamer. Knowing she loved Star Wars, Harry Potter, cos play events, etc. I don't think it's a big leap to make that she possibly played online video games.

After watching AS's video a few times, I'm pretty convinced the shooter was a male, by his voice, his walk, and his run back to the truck. But the way he says "I got you b!tch!" sounds so much like something we would say when we kill someone while gaming (pvp'ing). Even the way they hold their weapon looks video game-ish.

I've been playing MMO's for almost 20 years and you wouldn't believe the crazy things I've witnessed in that time. Many, many, many love triangles, divorces, fraud schemes, etc... You can get really close and form real relationships with people especially if you're in a guild or clan and spend hours everyday playing together. A person from an online game might not necessarily know her address and roads well (hence the recon) and Liz will mostly likely not recognize someone right away that she's gamed with.

I feel like if this were a professional hit, they may have done recon in a different vehicle, then the morning of the killing taken a completely different car and shot from a distance. Why would you want your face seen? This killing was emotional and personal, IMO. I'd almost bet my life savings that this was not a professional hit. In the killer's eyes, Liz did them wrong. Did she stumble upon a love triangle situation and sell someone out to their partner? Did she call CPS on someone and their kids got taken away? Did she get someone in trouble or they lost their job? There is obviously something we are missing... (duh! lol)

If you read this far, thanks for hanging in there with me. I just can't get past the "I got you b!tch!" and how the majority of the people I game with, including myself, use that term. Could be nothing, could be something to check out.

Where does it say he said "I got you b!tch"? I'm not sure how anyone can make out any of what was said for definite from that recording.
I reckon Elizabeth was probably an online gamer too.

I still can't get this case out if my mind. I really hope it is resolved one day.

Where does it say he said "I got you b!tch"? I'm not sure how anyone can make out any of what was said for definite from that recording.
I reckon Elizabeth was probably an online gamer too.

I still can't get this case out if my mind. I really hope it is resolved one day.
I'm sorry, I should have clarified that the statement was from Arrin Stoner's video. Sorry about that!

I can see that scenario, although the gaming aspect is not one I had on my list. Just because I didn't have it though doesn't mean it isn't possible. I would hope LE has all of her online activity.

Yes, I can see a shooter being angry over being a loser in online matches/competitions, perhaps. Revenge. Get even. Another Gamer; remove the competition. Take that. The Killer wanted to do the deed themselves.

It does seem Liz did not realize she was about to be shot by this person. Did Liz feel she hadn't done anyone wrong? Was there an incident in Miami yrs ago?

Did the person remove a silicone mask so Liz would see who was shooting her? Did it matter? If it was another gamer/competitor, then it'd be a stranger to her; not someone Liz would likely recognize. The person fires 3 rounds and, almost as if an afterthought, as she screams, before the final headshot. Tragic. Mysterious. jmho

I really do think the murder played out like a 'scene', which got me thinking if anyone knows of any scenes from movies, tv shows, video games, etc. that resemble this killing. The (ostensibly) female shooter shooting the victim, then going to stand over them to deliver a final head shot? Especially media that is campy or has a cult following. I found this one from Scream, though obviously it doesn't work perfectly (warning clip is graphic):

I really do think the murder played out like a 'scene', which got me thinking if anyone knows of any scenes from movies, tv shows, video games, etc. that resemble this killing. The (ostensibly) female shooter shooting the victim, then going to stand over them to deliver a final head shot? Especially media that is campy or has a cult following. I found this one from Scream, though obviously it doesn't work perfectly (warning clip is graphic):

I think you’ve hit on something that many here have been feeling but didn’t really know how to characterize it. It does seem reminiscent of a theatrical or movie scene. It’s incredibly dramatic, especially with the standing over her body and shooting her in the head.

And I realize that it was cold outside, but the long coat or robe fits the dramatic vibe of the whole thing. I do think it more likely that, unless a woman wearing a dress or a man wearing a suit, most people would be wearing something more like what Liz wore to get coffee: A short jacket, sweater, sweatshirt, etc.

This can certainly fit in, I think, with a “gamer” angle. Probably others, though, as well.

I think the one thing a lot of people agree on is that whoever it was that murdered Elizabeth Barraza, they were very familiar with using a gun. They had to know the sound that gun was going to make when it was shot, and that anybody who heard it was going to see what was going on outside immediately. From what I read, three neighbors called 911 very soon after hearing the gunshots. One neighbor must have even been at their window in less than 30 seconds because they reported that the truck that originally left the scene had returned shortly after. In order to report that the truck had returned they would have had to have seen it leave originally. It is too bad that neighbor did not get a better look at the driver. I think this neighbor lived across the street.

When the truck leaves it goes out the way it came in so I wondered what the neighbor on the corner with the dogs saw when the gunshots were fired? I noticed in some news footage that neighbor had not picked up their plastic newspaper bundle yet that morning even when they were being interviewed by the news media. Maybe it was not their newspaper but their next door neighbor's since it appeared to be out near the sidewalk, but in the news footage the dogs are walking around by it. I would have thought the newspaper delivery would have happened earlier than 6:53 am which is why I noticed it.

Maybe it was not a newspaper but some advertisements or phone book, etc? There was some aerial footage of the aftermath of Elizabeth Barraiza's murder and I was looking to see if there was anybody else who had newspaper in plastic bundle out in front of their house. I did not see anything.

I am guessing police interviewed any type of delivery driver that may have been in the area that morning anyway.

Your scenario also logically takes in the fact that someone possibly knew about and used the ‘unadvertised garage sale’ as a part of the murder’s plan. Even though she didn’t advertise the garage sale, I can easily picture how she might have mentioned in chatter with her online gaming buddies or competitors that she wouldn’t be online on Friday because she was having a garage sale. If the killer had already been planning the murder that might have been the opportunity he/she were waiting on. Not a great plan for a murder in my mind, kind of public, loud, escape route with cameras, etc. but, hey, murderer hasn’t been found so what do I know!? Good ideas, Centaurus

edited to fix typos and for clarity

The gaming aspect is an interesting analysis. I am not a gamer and never thought of a gamer theory.

When I review the horrific murder video, I see what looks like the killer extends their left hand in an attempt to hand something over to Liz or to show her something. It appears that the killer is trying to distract Liz with chatter. Killer fires off shots with their right hand. If this is a hit, it's not a professional hit, imo. But, then nothing is off the table. All options need be looked at. Definitely not random. The killer(s) must be caught!

So interesting that the killer knew location of the Barraza Nest camera. What makes me say this is (evidence: video) the killer parks in front of the neighbor's house which I believe there is a Mustang in front of said house, and killer quickly walks through the neighbor's to Barraza's yard to driveway to approach Liz. Once killer is done with killing Liz, killer sprints away and is able to avoid being seen in the Nest cam. MOO based on the video.

Last edited:
The note is just speculation from what I've seen. Never been reported on or mentioned by media, police, etc. Just something mentioned that grew legs and took off, imo
ADMIN NOTE

ADMIN NOTE:
THIS IS EXACTLY RIGHT.
An earlier post stated that the note is a RUMOR, yet posted it as fact.
RUMORS are not permitted And subject to removal.
That has resulted in much clean-up of posts that quoted the “rumor“ post.
The note is SPECULATION and OPINION which may be stated, but it must be CLEAR that it is that, and it will be allowed to stand.

Stating that it is RUMOR reads as though Websleuths allows rumors on this forum, which is false.
And the reason WS does NOT allow it is because it is repeated countless times and becomes a FACT which is also false.

We really hate to remove posts and preach about stuff like this. It just causes so much misinterpretation and staff time to undo.
Please help us out by being very careful and intentional about what and how you post.

THANK YOU for assisting us in keeping the WS standards.
We appreciate all the help we can get!
There are so few of us and so many posts :eek:

This case is baffling! To me, it seems like whoever it was knew her somehow. I’m wondering if maybe she had ran across someone who was mentally I’ll at some point who got obsessed with her.

It took a lot of balls for someone to walk up on her property with neighbors around and shoot her point blank. That in itself seems like that person wasn’t all there mentally.

Also, it’s surprising no one recognized the truck and hasn’t been seen since. Maybe someone from another state who came to murder her?

I wonder if she had online friends or was dating or flirting someone online?

This case is extremely frustrating. The vehicle is on video, along with the murder itself. Yet it’s been over 3 years and nobody has been named/arrested. Somebody knows something and I hope they get the courage to go forward. Liz was someone’s daughter, someone’s best friend, someone’s wife. She doesn’t deserve to not have justice served.

Has this been posted yet? I find this coincidence to be a little too much.
Interesting police do note it as a Black Nissan Frontier, rather than generic black Nissan pickup. I go back to my original line of thinking now that this is too much of a coincidence to not be the same truck with that pair in it. NOW- how in the world do police not have it on record as to who was in it when they stopped the vehicle?! At least a license plate #?? I just don’t understand this.

Interesting police do note it as a Black Nissan Frontier, rather than generic black Nissan pickup. I go back to my original line of thinking now that this is too much of a coincidence to not be the same truck with that pair in it. NOW- how in the world do police not have it on record as to who was in it when they stopped the vehicle?! At least a license plate #?? I just don’t understand this.
I can't imagine LE stopping a vehicle, even to just issue a warning, without going thru a license check. That's why they might be behind a car for a while before turning on the lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10