TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall correctly at the time of the be on the look out there wasn't a lot of info provided to LE about the suspect. I wonder if the driver was possible male, vehicle registered to a male or a rental, and person behind the wheel very calm and collected. Driver gave LE no red flags, and officer had no other choice but to let driver go. I (IMO) can see why its been removed. MOO
IMO, LE very much want to bring justice to Liz's family and is working diligently to validate a conviction. As we all know, the prosecution bears the responsibility to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law. You got chance at the title! It takes time to gather social media and tower records, conversation (several) with Liz's friends and colleagues (both exes friends and colleagues), family, neighbors, school mates, etc. I can't stress enough how important it is (this is directed at me) to be patient, because justice is coming!

Has this been posted yet? I find this coincidence to be a little too much.

Interesting police do note it as a Black Nissan Frontier, rather than generic black Nissan pickup. I go back to my original line of thinking now that this is too much of a coincidence to not be the same truck with that pair in it. NOW- how in the world do police not have it on record as to who was in it when they stopped the vehicle?! At least a license plate #?? I just don’t understand this.

I can't imagine LE stopping a vehicle, even to just issue a warning, without going thru a license check. That's why they might be behind a car for a while before turning on the lights.

If I recall correctly at the time of the be on the look out there wasn't a lot of info provided to LE about the suspect. I wonder if the driver was possible male, vehicle registered to a male or a rental, and person behind the wheel very calm and collected. Driver gave LE no red flags, and officer had no other choice but to let driver go. I (IMO) can see why its been removed. MOO
IMO, LE very much want to bring justice to Liz's family and is working diligently to validate a conviction. As we all know, the prosecution bears the responsibility to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law. You got chance at the title! It takes time to gather social media and tower records, conversation (several) with Liz's friends and colleagues (both exes friends and colleagues), family, neighbors, school mates, etc. I can't stress enough how important it is (this is directed at me) to be patient, because justice is coming!

Complete speculation follows...

Sometimes LE making a traffic stop will give "professional courtesy" (no tickets) to others who are LE, EMTs, etc. if they get stopped. Could the person driving have been someone who worked in one of those fields & the officer who stopped them didn't follow through on more info because of something like that?

MOO.

Sometimes LE making a traffic stop will give "professional courtesy" (no tickets) to others who are LE, EMTs, etc. if they get stopped. Could the person driving have been someone who worked in one of those fields & the officer who stopped them didn't follow through on more info because of something like that?

MOO.
Yes. First of all, this stop happened a mere minutes after the shooting. I believe all they knew at the time was they were looking for a black truck. There are an awful lot of black trucks in Texas. However, it's certainly possible that the driver (and passenger, if there was one) were given extra latitude if he had some sort of professional plates.

I know an attorney who served as a judge in a tiny town in NY for all of six months or something but kept his "judge" plates so that when pulled over he'd avoid tickets and other trouble. Apparently, it worked for him.

Interesting thought there, vls12345.

However, it's certainly possible that the driver (and passenger, if there was one) were given extra latitude if he had some sort of professional plates.
In some states that could include Texas, its not the license plate that does the trick, but a privacy blocker on the computer that holds the license plate data.

The privacy blocker prevents the individual's home address from being displayed with out some extra steps. They are designed to prevent say, a low level DMV clerk from "running" the LEO associated plate number through the DMV computer, then easily obtaining the home address- and then passing it on to "B", her boyfriend who is in gang "G".

Anyways, the privacy blockers are usually, but not always associated with law enforcement, judges etc. So.... in the case of a speeding ticket professional courtesy, the officer who stopped the car knows in advance that the person is likely a fellow LEO if a privacy blocker appears on the DMV computer screen regarding the license plate.

Last edited:

MOO.
And the turned around on the way out of her subdivision at about the right time to avoid passing by the oncoming police…. Like they knew they were coming.

In some states that could include Texas, its not the license plate that does the trick, but a privacy blocker on the computer that holds the license plate data.

The privacy blocker prevents the individual's home address from being displayed with out some extra steps. They are designed to prevent say, a low level DMV clerk from "running" the LEO associated plate number through the DMV computer, then easily obtaining the home address- and then passing it on to "B", her boyfriend who is in gang "G".

Anyways, the privacy blockers are usually, but not always associated with law enforcement, judges etc. So.... in the case of a speeding ticket professional courtesy, the officer who stopped the car knows in advance that the person is likely a fellow LEO if a privacy blocker appears on the DMV computer screen regarding the license plate.

And I wasn't even thinking of anything so fancy. I was thinking a uniform shirt or jacket and/or a work badge or id shown to the LE who stopped the Nissan.

MOO.

(I know an EMT who has been stopped more than once for speeding but never gets tickets because he's one of the same "team", if you will. He justs shows his work id, chats a bit, and is free to go.... So my theory is based on this personal knowledge.)

How can you help?
Call the Crime Stoppers of Houston Tip Line

The reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible is now up to $50,000.00.

If you have a tip, please call the Crime Stoppers of Houston Tip Line - all calls are completely anonymous. Only tips and calls DIRECTLY TO Crime Stoppers are anonymous and eligible for a cash reward.

+1 (713) 222-TIPS

And I wasn't even thinking of anything so fancy. I was thinking a uniform shirt or jacket and/or a work badge or id shown to the LE who stopped the Nissan.

MOO.

(I know an EMT who has been stopped more than once for speeding but never gets tickets because he's one of the same "team", if you will. He justs shows his work id, chats a bit, and is free to go.... So my theory is based on this personal knowledge.)
I think there are multiple ways to identify oneself as a "team member".

The privacy blocker must be applied for, it is not automatic. My understanding, however, is that for "team members", the application is always approved.

That aside, not all team members may bother submitting the application. That leaves, as you stated, other identification techniques like keeping the badge conveniently in the wallet- right next to the driver license.

Which leads to: "No, I would never ask for a team member courtesy- its against department policy! (gasp) He just, well, happened to see my badge when I opened my wallet to get my license. I never showed the badge to him (well, at least not directly).

Last edited:
How can you help?
Call the Crime Stoppers of Houston Tip Line

The reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible is now up to $50,000.00.

If you have a tip, please call the Crime Stoppers of Houston Tip Line - all calls are completely anonymous. Only tips and calls DIRECTLY TO Crime Stoppers are anonymous and eligible for a cash reward.

+1 (713) 222-TIPS
I really wish there was some way I could come up with tips…what can I do?

So there's speculation that the killer didn't know about the tag sale. But we also assume the killer knew to stay out of sight of the ring doorbell. If he didn't know about the sale, he went there with the intention of ringing the doorbell and killing her when she answered the door. This would put his face on the ring doorbell. So I feel he either didn't know about the tag sale or the ring doorbell or knew about the sale and the ring. If he knew about both, then only two people could have informed him. I guess it's possible he could have lured her out with a phone call or something, but I doubt it.

So there's speculation that the killer didn't know about the tag sale. But we also assume the killer knew to stay out of sight of the ring doorbell. If he didn't know about the sale, he went there with the intention of ringing the doorbell and killing her when she answered the door. This would put his face on the ring doorbell. So I feel he either didn't know about the tag sale or the ring doorbell or knew about the sale and the ring. If he knew about both, then only two people could have informed him. I guess it's possible he could have lured her out with a phone call or something, but I doubt it.
Interesting that the killer would know about the garage sale, know about the Nest camera and made efforts to stay out of view of the camera, wore a costume most likely knowing that other neighbors had cameras. Perhaps killer would have made hit as Liz was going to work that morning had there not been a garage sale. I suppose it's possible that it had to be that day to keep LB from enjoying her vacation? All in my opinion.

I firmly believe this was personal on the part of the killer against Elizabeth. But there is still a thought that tunnel vision on that theory should be avoided. IOW, what if this was to get back at Sergio for something? I hope he and LE are still looking at those in his past.

I firmly believe this was personal on the part of the killer against Elizabeth. But there is still a thought that tunnel vision on that theory should be avoided. IOW, what if this was to get back at Sergio for something? I hope he and LE are still looking at those in his past.
Excellent point. Agreed.

Friendly reminder:

NEWS: Episode Air date October 30, 2022
We just heard from the Executive Producer Dana that the episode is tentatively scheduled to air on October 30, 2022 on Investigation Discovery. A day later, it also becomes available on Amazon Prime for streaming on "On The Case With Paula Zahn"/ Amazon Prime.
A few days before the airing they do release a short trailer of the episode on Paula' Zahn's Facebook page. Please look out for that too.

Arrin Stoner put a new video out.
Wow! Does that ever blow away some info put out on this case. If that info is correct on the report. The police report states Elizabeth was hit THREE times, not four. One to the chest, one to the side of the head and lastly to the face. The shooter missed with the first shot. I had a suspicion by the way the shooter was doing this one handed that indicated a lack of training. Possibly when bringing up the gun for the first shot they didn't stop the momentum and the first shot went high and wide left.

Then the sighting of the truck earlier. At 1230 and not 0200? Maybe there is more than one early morning sighting. Or it is an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer