TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parents speak so lovingly of S&E’s marriage…of their life together. It does not seem to me that they suspect S…even after all the speculation scross the years. Even though, that large insurance policy gave her death value to him. And no one else seems to gain financially from her death either directly or through her job.

They do seem to think this was a ‘hit’…but then if ‘money’ is removed as motive…whose love or hatred was so intense that the risk of involving and paying a hit man was still worth it to them?

I keep coming back to E‘s position in the 401. Please correct if I am wrong, but wasn’t she involved in approving their appearances? If someone wanted members of the 401 to appear at a dying child’s birthday or visit a loved one in the hospital…was E the contact person who could schedule or refuse? Because a refusal before a personal tragedy could certainly make grief fester into rage.

You've never taken the life insurance money. Why not?

Because I have no need for it.

Honestly, I never even knew it existed.

And if. Like I just haven't.

I I feel like if I were to do it, it would just point an even bigger finger at me.

And so. Why do something? That could make things worse for us,

You know? It was. Like I said, I didn't even know it was there.

Amber and I live frugal lives.

And so we just kind of keep going, you know, if I ever did get it in the future,

I know I'd be giving a lot of it to Liz's family to support some charities.

For all the thanks for everything that people have helped us with, you know.....

IMO: There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE IN BEING ABLE TO GET THE LIFE INSURANCE, the statement if I ever did get it in the future indicates he cannot get it or touch it.

On Paula Zahn, Detective Ritchie said Sergio mislead them about the amount. IMO this indicates an amount was given.

Many insurance companies payout to beneficiaries while the case is still unsolved.
He said on Paula Zahn he wasn’t paid out yet.

Murder of Elizabeth Barraza goes another year unsolved​

In this video Liz’s mom said she doesn’t think the person that shot Liz is the person that wanted her dead.

Edited to include a sentence.
They shot at her 4 times. Last one in the head. If you don’t want someone dead, you don’t aim for the head.
Can anyone tell me why Amber was polygraphed? Does that mean she may have been considered a suspect? That's interesting...Sergio says that both him and Amber were given polygraphs that they both passed...
This is Interesting considering they said they didn’t meet until 2020.

Rosemary: She talked about it probably for a good month where she was starting to get things together… and am not exactly sure but we probably heard about it the week before she was like okay I’m going to be having it.

The garage sales were not unusual we would have them on Friday and Saturday, nothing new. We were going to go on Friday. She asked if we had anything and we really didn’t and I've (Rosemary) in the past gone to the garage sales but come late, not a morning person. I usually get her coffee and come around 10:00 am.
The night before Bob was unemployed at the time and we talked with her to explain that Bob needed that time to look for a job.

Bob: On day of garage sale, Liz set the alarm in the house, leave the door from the garage into the house unlocked. I can only say this was in case she needed a quick retreat, but she knew she could get to the door, pop it open and the alarm would instantly have that safety.
So this garage sale probably wasn't a spur of the moment thing. I wonder who she spoke to about it in the month leading up to the sale. She was probably excited about their trip, speaking about it to others, so the garage sale may have also come up as well. I wonder if in the month leading up to the trip if the shooter did other Thursday/Friday recon trips to look for signs. In any event, that Fri/Sat was the last chance before leaving for Orlando. And that may be the reason for the earlier drive thrus - to look for garage sale signs. That would mean a lot of planning for this.
Rosemary: Liz was shot four times (confirmed with detective) despite what report states or puff of smoke or dust shown on doorbell camera. Bullet hit/ricochets and hits the top of the house.
This contradicts what Arrin Stoner reads from the police report. About 12:20 into the video, a nurse tells a detective that she has 3 gunshot wounds - to the face, side of the head and the chest.

According to the Arrin stoner podcast SB indicated a female suspect on day 1 according to the police report that Arrin showed.
That was in the original Arrin Stoner video. The one I reference above is his revised video which covers the topic about 26 minutes into it. He has taken the original and replaced it with one that removes the female POI's name and photo.

Well. The date for the garage sale was spur of the moment. Liz may have talked about it, but as far as setting a date, wasn't that just the night before?? Point is how many people knew? Another thing that really sticks in my craw is the ring, or nest cam...how did the killer know to stay out of the camera range?? In the video, the killer seems to deliberately avoid it..imo.

So this garage sale probably wasn't a spur of the moment thing. I wonder who she spoke to about it in the month leading up to the sale. She was probably excited about their trip, speaking about it to others, so the garage sale may have also come up as well. I wonder if in the month leading up to the trip if the shooter did other Thursday/Friday recon trips to look for signs. In any event, that Fri/Sat was the last chance before leaving for Orlando. And that may be the reason for the earlier drive thrus - to look for garage sale signs. That would mean a lot of planning for this.

This contradicts what Arrin Stoner reads from the police report. About 12:20 into the video, a nurse tells a detective that she has 3 gunshot wounds - to the face, side of the head and the chest.

Correct, garage sale was not planned last minute. Definitely new info and good to know, imo.

Liz's parents confirmed by detectives (and what they experience at hospital) that Liz was shot four (4) times despite what emergency personnel claimed in a report or what is being stated via media. Liz's parents attribute emergency personnel's error due to it being a hectic time while attempting to save Liz's life.

In addition, Liz was shot four times, even though there is a sort of puff of white cloud or smoke from a ricochet bullet that hits the top of the house.

I won’t have time to watch the interview until next week, but after reading everyone’s posts about it. My big takeaway is, why did LE polygraph Amber if she didn’t meet Sergio until a year after Liz died? Would they waste their time and resources to quiet internet sleuths if they were 100% confident Amber didn’t know SB & EB?

I won’t have time to watch the interview until next week, but after reading everyone’s posts about it. My big takeaway is, why did LE polygraph Amber if she didn’t meet Sergio until a year after Liz died? Would they waste their time and resources to quiet internet sleuths if they were 100% confident Amber didn’t know SB & EB?
Maybe they were not that confident --
I think the police rely too much on polygraph-- we know that sociopaths can pass one of these any day of the week- just sayin
'

Well. The date for the garage sale was spur of the moment. Liz may have talked about it, but as far as setting a date, wasn't that just the night before?? Point is how many people knew? Another thing that really sticks in my craw is the ring, or nest cam...how did the killer know to stay out of the camera range?? In the video, the killer seems to deliberately avoid it..imo.
According to the video interview, date wasn't spur of the moment- imo, but you decide. It didn't come across that way to me. I could be wrong about that, but date was not set the night before (Thurs) according to video interview.

bbm

• Reporter: When did she decide to have the garage sale?
  • Liz's mom: She talked about it probably for a good month where she was starting to get things together… and am not exactly sure but we probably heard about it the week before she was like okay I’m going to be having it. The garage sales were not unusual we would have them on Friday and Saturday, nothing new.

Since Liz's mom stated that garage sales were usually on Fri and Sat and when Liz finally decided to have the sale the logical days would be the Fri and Sat of that week which was the weekend prior to leaving for Orlando trip. moo.

Last edited:
...why did LE polygraph Amber if she didn’t meet Sergio until a year after Liz died? Would they waste their time and resources...

One thing I wondered after watching the interview is whether it was LE that performed the polygraph or just a private organization. Anyone can book a polygraph for a fee, and it might have been worth it to Sergio and Amber to do so in order to have an official sounding response to all the rumors.

Anyway I don't think amber had anything to do with this regardless of who performed the polygraph.

One thing I wondered after watching the interview is whether it was LE that performed the polygraph or just a private organization. Anyone can book a polygraph for a fee, and it might have been worth it to Sergio and Amber to do so in order to have an official sounding response to all the rumors.

Anyway I don't think amber had anything to do with this regardless of who performed the polygraph.
I don't know the answer but that is a very good point

According to the video interview, date wasn't spur of the moment- imo, but you decide. It didn't come across that way to me. I could be wrong about that, but date was not set the night before (Thurs) according to video interview.

bbm

• Reporter: When did she decide to have the garage sale?
  • Liz's mom: She talked about it probably for a good month where she was starting to get things together… and am not exactly sure but we probably heard about it the week before she was like okay I’m going to be having it. The garage sales were not unusual we would have them on Friday and Saturday, nothing new.

Since Liz's mom stated that garage sales were usually on Fri and Sat and when Liz finally decided to have the sale the logical days would be the Fri and Sat of that week which was the weekend prior to leaving for Orlando trip. moo.

A more lengthy interview than I expected. A few interesting bits of info come out of it. After hearing this, I'm convinced that more folks knew about a garage sale than was earlier indicated. But it was by word of mouth. I now wonder if this killer made earlier trips to her area during January on Wednesdays and Thursdays to check for garage sale signs. By waiting till the last Fri-Sat before the trip the killer knew if she was still committed to it then that Friday was the day. So the trip earlier in the morning was for:
- Check for garage sale signs to confirm the event,
- See if SB had the company vehicle so they would know what to look for,
- and maybe a dry run on the possible alternate exit.

The killer never touched her at any time and used a revolver to avoid leaving shell casings. They appear to have worn a disguise and waited till just as SB left. According to the timeline the killer arrives about the same time as SB is leaving so they almost missed seeing him leave. (I wonder if they were someplace else prior to parking at the school and just watching the entrance to the subdivision?) Elizabeth could be a random victim of some psycho, but I highly doubt it. Too well planned. It really seems personal. I believe the killer was either someone she did not know OR she didn't immediately recognize due to disguise because when she said 'Good morning' she didn't say a name. I still can't believe how well planned this appeared to be and the boldness of the killing.

Then there is the return trip to drive by. To verify she is not moving and still down? Photograph it with a phone? Or - and this is really sick - to admire their work?

If this was personal and she did not know her killer then more one person knows about this. Someone else must at least suspect something due to something like coming to work late that day, for example. Of course, that someone could be one who just doesn't keep up with the news and, therefore, doesn't know enough details to connect the dots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288