TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: if the killer is left-handed, and has motive, how hard would this shooting be to pull off right-handed (to try to mislead the poice investigation)? I don't know about firearms. The way the killer holds the gun, it looks "off"; I think people have mentioned that here and maybe in the Daily Mail comments. It doesn't seem like the way a person would hold a gun with their dominant hand. Hope to hear thoughts from people who have insight into this.

bbm
I have no insight or experience with handguns, or any other weapons, but if the shooter were a "non-gun" person, it could be why the holding/firing of the gun might look awkward. JMO

I agree. (IMO) A left-handed person would definitely shoot with their right hand, because by shooting with the left hand, they're giving more evidence to the police and narrowing down the pool of suspects. This was planned out for a long time, IMO. The killers knew about the yearly garage sale and just had to be "patient." They deliberately chose the first moments Elizabeth was alone, and she was alone starting at about 6:52 AM. The shooting took place immediately after. From start to finish, the killer walking up and back, took about one minute. Also Liz was on the phone as the killer walked up, gesturing with her other hand.

I agree. (IMO) A left-handed person would definitely shoot with their right hand, because by shooting with the left hand, they're giving more evidence to the police and narrowing down the pool of suspects. This was planned out for a long time, IMO. The killers knew about the yearly garage sale and just had to be "patient." They deliberately chose the first moments Elizabeth was alone, and she was alone starting at about 6:52 AM. The shooting took place immediately after. From start to finish, the killer walking up and back, took about one minute. Also Liz was on the phone as the killer walked up, gesturing with her other hand.

It can take a great deal of practice for a right-handed person to shoot well with their left hand. Changing hands from right to left wouldn't necessarily give conclusive evidence to the police. Hits that are off target in a particular direction can be due to many factors such as stress or the movement of the target. This kind of situation isn't like shooting on a paper target, where shots can be analyzed more easily. From what I can see in vague video, the shooter looks right handed. I think this is a right handed person shooting with their right hand. The robe would likely conceal a pistol well. I agree that this was well planned. MOO.

I reaslize it isn't any conclusive evidence, but if a person is left-handed, and thought about their crime in advance, they would probably shoot with the right hand, since cameras are everywhere. :)

I'm not sure I subscribe to the "used the other hand to throw off evidence" speculation, but it's an interesting one. Along this thought path, what if the Perp was ambidextrous? Only 1% of the population is truly ambidextrous, and you will see this many times with people who need to use tools in each hand simultaneously.

I'm truly shocked this case hasn't been solved, and I speculate that is because one of the main players has been withholding information to protect the Perp. Just amateur opinion and speculation of course.

This is most likely Star Wars 501, or work related. If the police would work up a full and all encompassing victimological profile of Liz, it would lead them to the killer.
Forgive me for not knowing much about this whole Star Wars 501 thing, but I"m guessing this is aficionados who dress and reenact fight scenes and so forth? If so, I wonder if my speculation about being ambidextrous would make sense for saber wielding aficionados? Hmmm....

Amateur opinion and speculation

From what I’ve seen: Cosplay enthusiasts are VERY passionate about their hobby. That and very competitive. It’s all rooted in fantasy and escapism. It’s an interesting genre. Kinda reminds me of karaoke people.
If that is the case, then you just narrowed my amateur suspect list to a fine focus.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I have friends and family members in various states in the 501 and they immensely enjoy the Star War movies and major focus of their group is doing charitable work or making local appearances to showcase their efforts.
They enjoy the characters/costumes but it is not their main focus in everyday life and more of an enjoyable outing with fun people in general.
They mention it attracts a wide variety with a few members being more engrossed in cosplay than others.

I have friends and family members in various states in the 501 and they immensely enjoy the Star War movies and major focus of their group is doing charitable work or making local appearances to showcase their efforts.
BBM

It was mentioned that Elizabeth also made costumed appearances at hospitals.

What if its as simple as a parent became unhinged because Elizabeth could not make an appearance for their child because she was having her yard sale?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member