TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the whole dark web thing is really made to be bigger than it really is. First you have to realize the every day internet user doesnt know how to even buy crypto, I imagine the amount that can access the dark web is way small. Secondly finding an assassin on the dark web that isnt a scammer would be insanely hard.

Honestly, if someone is gonna do it by the web, you could search your local KIK groups and have a better shot at finding someone than the darkweb. If it ends up being a paid hit, I'll be extremely surprised if it comes from the darkweb.

Everything else on your post I agree with. Killer came from out of town. Thats why no one recognizes the truck. He scoped the house out the night before. I still wonder if he had a hotel nearby or just slept in his truck. I imagine LEO have already checked this though.

I kinda doubt it was a hired hit. If it was, it would have to be the hubby. But the police have indicated they dont believe he had anything to do with it. I cant conceivably see anyone paying to kill this woman.

Thats why I believe it was a crazy person from one of her social media groups that had a spat with her. probably over the cosplay stuff.

Edit - I also believe theres a possibility of a thrill killing. someone from out of town just wanted to kill and she was chosen at random.

thank you for saying that about the dark web. I’ve tried to explain this in other threads. It’s not like you go to www. darkweb .com and there’s is a marketplace of drugs and hitmen.

thank you for saying that about the dark web. I’ve tried to explain this in other threads. It’s not like you go to www. darkweb .com and there’s is a marketplace of drugs and hitmen.

No prob. I checked it out years ago before it became a FBI honeypot. Which is another issue with the dark web theory. Theres more FBI/LEO on there now posing as hitmen than actual hitmen. People really overblow what the darkweb is.

No prob. I checked it out years ago before it became a FBI honeypot. Which is another issue with the dark web theory. Theres more FBI/LEO on there now posing as hitmen than actual hitmen. People really overblow what the darkweb is.

Agreed it's overblown... but "overblown" does not equal "never happens". Consider that it wouldn't be such a honeypot if there weren't a market for it.

After digging into the details of the case, I think it's a plausible explanation - to say its not plausible, you'd need to make a leap from the "darkweb" being "more LE than hitmen" to "all LE and no hitmen". I'm confident of the former but not the latter. MOO

Agreed it's overblown... but "overblown" does not equal "never happens". Consider that it wouldn't be such a honeypot if there weren't a market for it.

After digging into the details of the case, I think it's a plausible explanation - to say its not plausible, you'd need to make a leap from the "darkweb" being "more LE than hitmen" to "all LE and no hitmen". I'm confident of the former but not the latter. MOO

Anythings possible of course. I still lean that it was either someone she pissed off on one of her social media groups...or some psycho stalker on social media group that just wanted to kill someone.

or some psycho stalker on social media group that just wanted to kill someone

Right - IMO this is another plausible theory. I lean towards a hired hit myself, partly due to social media activity we're not allowed to reference here, but also the impeccable timing of the shooting and the good fortune of coinciding with her unadvertised Friday yardsale, avoiding the ring camera, etc... If its not a hit that benefited from insider knowledge, this was one seriously lucky psycho.

This thread has reached capacity and is now closed.

Please continue the discussion on the new thread HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998