TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, what about the Slenderman girls? They steeped themselves in an alternate reality and blurred fact from fiction. Depends upon how mentally stable the people were in the first place, and thus how susceptible to cracking.

So…… going further with the figures (2% of cosplay participants might jump in too deep for their mental state and 4% more might take the cosplay world uhmm…. “seriously”- big part of self esteem is tied into it etc. ) yields six percent of the cosplay participants worth another look.

How many people attend the conventions? If there are say 300 participants on the local convention circuit, 18 or so participants might be worth checking out. But, is 300 a good number? How many people actually go to these conventions and might of interacted with the victim either at a convention or through cosplay related internet sites, social media?

So…… going further with the figures (2% of cosplay participants might jump in too deep for their mental state and 4% more might take the cosplay world uhmm…. “seriously”- big part of self esteem is tied into it etc. ) yields six percent of the cosplay participants worth another look.

How many people attend the conventions? If there are say 300 participants on the local convention circuit, 18 or so participants might be worth checking out. But, is 300 a good number? How many people actually go to these conventions and might of interacted with the victim either at a convention or through cosplay related internet sites, social media?

I am only wildly guessing but they have these conventions in huge arenas in major cities so it must be many thousands of people...like ComicCon? Even I have heard of that lol...

Maybe I missed this, but would someone please refresh my memory about where the 2% and 4% figures above come from? TIA!

Another lead is hopefully and that’s the first I’ve heard they had surveillance video of the truck before and after

Great to hear that the Texas Rangers are involved now. With their resources and experience, hopefully they solve this sooner rather than later. Interesting to hear the detective believing that there are multiple suspects involved. I’ve gone back and forth on this, but now do think it’s a man in costume. Just the way they lean over, take the last shot, and run off looks like a male to me. Everything is really planned out well by the murderer, so I think a costume would be part of the plan to throw off any witnesses if there were any while actually committing it in the killer’s mind. I wonder if they covered up the license plates on the truck while carrying out the murder too?

Maybe I missed this, but would someone please refresh my memory about where the 2% and 4% figures above come from? TIA!
Sadly, my figures dont come from anywhere concrete. Rather, they are rough estimates based on the following:

- Cosplay by its nature is going to attract some people on the mental fringes.

- Star Wars cosplay is family friendly and does not seem to promote or encourage say, mega dark side ultra egos, adult uhmm...... "encounters" (that is not to say that they dont happen, just that they are not promoted), nor does Star Wars role play promote say simulated captivity, bondage etc.

In short, Star Wars role play focus seems to reduce, but not eliminate mental fringe types.

A combination of the two elements could support a 2% wacky and a 4% marginal ratio. Again, this is based on nothing concrete.

Sadly, my figures dont come from anywhere concrete. Rather, they are rough estimates based on the following:

- Cosplay by its nature is going to attract some people on the mental fringes.

- Star Wars cosplay is family friendly and does not seem to promote or encourage say, mega dark side ultra egos, adult uhmm...... "encounters" (that is not to say that they dont happen, just that they are not promoted), nor does Star Wars role play promote say simulated captivity, bondage etc.

In short, Star Wars role play focus seems to reduce, but not eliminate mental fringe types.

A combination of the two elements could support a 2% wacky and a 4% marginal ratio. Again, this is based on nothing concrete.
Worth noting the new Star Wars movie comes out December 20.

I feel like this was a hit. I also think the item that the perp showed Elizabeth just before shooting her could have been a cell phone. A cell phone that perhaps was connected to someone else (the person who hired the hit) via Facetime or Skype, etc... possibly to confirm to the hit person that this was the intended target? Or maybe for the person on the video call to watch/listen to it happen?

The recent interviews gave me a lot of hope. Not for what they said but for what they didn't say. And how they said what they did say. I felt it was very consistent. I think we may be on the home stretch now for an arrest. I hope so!!!

Thank you for posting this video.
"Grief is intensified when justice is lacking. And right now, sadly, justice is lacking for Liz and her family and so many others too."
This is so heartbreaking. My thoughts are with her family and echoing y'all here too that I hope this is solved soon.

It certainly is heart breaking news, when we hear of so many murders, justice still not forthcoming in many cases.:(:(
Whether, it is going to a store at night, driving at night, running in the country, walking your dog in the park, strolling along the beach, deciding to leave your partner, here just setting up a garage sale, etc, etc, these persons may become victims.
Waiting for arrests, for Justice to occur, is something we hope for.
The poor families, in all these cases, grieving for their loss, their lives changed forever.

I think there are people in that 501st Legion cosplay community who have an idea of who was driving that truck. They need to anonymously call Crime Stoppers and collect the TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLAR reward.

I am thinking that the possibility of the reward needs to be brought directly to them. Why not set up a table at the next cosplay conventions that the victim and her group would have attended? The table could then present information about the murder and the reward.

Another lead is hopefully and that’s the first I’ve heard they had surveillance video of the truck before and after
Interesting:

The truck was there the night before and again AFTER the murder?

So this was planned, staked out, and the killer returned to the area. LE knows exactly what model truck but they haven't been able to connect a person who owns one of these and Liz. This was definitely not a random nut with no connection to Liz (one of my original theories).

"Ritchie said his best clue is the suspect’s truck, a Nissan Frontier 4x4. Investigators were able to get several pieces of surveillance video from people living in the neighborhood and nearby businesses. The videos showed the truck in the neighborhood the night before and again after the murder."

Interesting:

The truck was there the night before and again AFTER the murder?

So this was planned, staked out, and the killer returned to the area. LE knows exactly what model truck but they haven't been able to connect a person who owns one of these and Liz. This was definitely not a random nut with no connection to Liz (one of my original theories).

"Ritchie said his best clue is the suspect’s truck, a Nissan Frontier 4x4. Investigators were able to get several pieces of surveillance video from people living in the neighborhood and nearby businesses. The videos showed the truck in the neighborhood the night before and again after the murder."

I am thinking the quote “after the murder” means in the minutes after the murder when the perp was leaving the neighborhood. I don’t think that truck returned to the scene of the crime, but that is just my speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member