TX TX - Emily Garcia, 15, pregnant, Canyon Lake, 12 Feb 1993

Ok after reading through the blog pages, on her death ALOT of questions arise

I apologize, if these question have been asked prior , but here's a few things that stood out to me

-She was affiliated, with gang members from rival gangs Bloods, Latin Kings, and the supposed father of her child was a member of the 357 Crips, that alone, elevates her risk.

-She Went missing JUST before a meeting her and her family were to have with the reported father of her child and his mother, to see if he was going to help with the financial
responsibility, there's no indication this individual was ever investigated.

-She had a very long standing strained relationship with her father who reportedly "hated her" , she did not want her father to find out she was pregnant

-She was going to stay with a friend the night she disappeared, there's no indication, she ever made, it, at least not listed.

- The autopsy report states, that it appears she was bound AFTER she was strangled to death , which is an interesting finding, because its sometimes, indicative, of Staging to throw off the investigation. She also apparently had a head injury

However here's the creepy part, it could also indicate an offender, fascinated with bondage, and the post mortem bindings were possibly for photographic purposes, evidenced by the excessive amount of rope used to bind her . In one article in her blog the victims mother alludes that she felt her daughter was tied so that she would strangle herself , this is often the slow type of death sadists favor, however other than neglect there doesn't appear to be any indication of prolonged physical torture to the victim, which is often seen in sadism, and sexual sadism cases, though it doesn't rule out "Lust Murder"

Excerpt from the blog :
“The autopsy was done by Dr. Robert Bayardo, Chief Medical Examiner, in Austin, Texas and he found the cause of death to be murder by asphyxia due to ligature strangulation associated with sexual assault. It also showed the body had a blunt injury to the head and abrasions of the vagina and rectum along with abrasions of the skin elsewhere.”- I believe one report also said she had drugs in her system

-Id like to know how accessible this service road she was found off of is , is it something that could be found by happenstance?. or is it something easily found?

-The report says she was 50-75 yards off the road , nude, on her back under trees, but id like to know was she hidden, or displayed openly?

- The bindings, how were they applied? feet up the back, with the hands bound behind "Hog tie", to cause mechanical strangulation?

- Did she or the father of her son have any enemies?, could this be some sort of revenge ?

- How was her relationship with the child's supposed father? there's no indication he was interviewed .

- Was she in fear of anyone ?

-She was held for 13 days prior to her murder, during this time, were any of these friends actively involved in looking for her, namely the father of her child ?

-Were there any other abductions or attempted abductions in the area?

From all indication, she was a street smart kid, who most likely wouldn't go jumping into a car with anyone she didn't know, she had PLENTY of friends she could go to and many of these were gang members very familiar with the area.

Her mom indicates, she was "very excited" when she found out she was pregnant , so it doesn't appear shed do anything to risk her baby , though an offender may have threatened the life of the baby to force her to cooperate.

There is however also no indication of the fathers feelings concerning this pregnancy, made even more alarming , by his lack of communication, with her family after she went missing, and the fact she went missing before a meeting to determine whether or not he planned to help her financially through her pregnancy .

This brings up the question as to WHY WAS SHE HELD?.. Why not just kill her?, why subject her to rape ? why strangulation? why starve her ? Why tie her up after shes dead?

Threes no evidence of torture, but neglect, and callous indifference which if it was a gang related issue, id expect to see at least some, id also expect to see, more of a display of her body, to make a statement. Also why keep her 13 days? that's ALOT of time, where you have a living captive, somewhere and a real chance of discovery and the longer she is there the more trace evidence, could be accumulated.

Though its entirely possible

Was it the work of a Sexually Deviant Psychopath... Very Possible, again it appears she was kept captive, then strangled, just before she was dumped, but unless you are looking at a lust murder type who enjoys bondage, but NOT torture (EX. Dennis Rader). Why the excessive binding? Or any post mortem binding for that matter?

Was she hidden to delay discovery?, possibly so her killer could return to her body (as is sometimes, the case)? Or was she laid out for all to see? her killer apparently left DNA, as well,

Unless this is a case of staging, in which you need to ask who would being to try to throw off investigators? Its usually someone close to or familiar to the victim

Id also be interested in finding if these vaginal and anal "abrasions" were consistent with objects being inserted?

RichKelly just so you know I love reading your input on this and other cases you have commented on. Thank you. Very interesting.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

RichKelly just so you know I love reading your input on this and other cases you have commented on. Thank you. Very interesting.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

You're Welcome Gia, hopefully it will generate something useful, to bring some closure one day.

What a scary, tragic case. I don't get the impression that there has been a coverup by LE. Instead, it looks to me like they just didn't care enough about her case to devote the time and energy needed to solve it. That seems to be a theme in Emily's life- no one really devoted much time or effort to her- which is a terrible shame. I'm not casting blame, because as others have pointed out, I have no idea what her mother was dealing with during Emily's childhood. Just vague references made by the aunt on the website that Sheila struggled to get herself together.

I also don't believe Emily had any intention of spending the night at DG's house the day she went missing. The website makes vague claims that she disappeared before she had a chance to connect with her friend that night. I think she had other plans with someone she knew her mother wouldn't approve of her hanging out with- a boy, perhaps- and lied about it on the phone. That explains DG's statement to Emily's mom that Emily never contacted her that day. As a side note, looking at DG's FB page, I see she's a huge true crime buff. I'm sure Emily's death impacted her strongly.

Did anyone verify with Planned Parenthood Emily's claims that she couldn't be seen the day she disappeared? I read she told her mom they couldn't see her because she hadn't made an appointment. According to Mom, an appointment was made for the next day. Is that true? Or is it possible Emily ran into a friend of hers while on her way to the clinic, and made last-minute plans to hang out with that person instead? I could see a 15 year old girl, on a whim thinking, "Eh, I can just go to the doctor tomorrow!" If so, that could be the person I suspect Mom wouldn't have approved of, who she was spending the night with.

I originally found it very strange that so few of Emily's friends ever followed back up with Emily's mom's attempts to contact them... but after seeing that the majority of them are gang members, it doesn't seem so odd anymore. Based on known facts, It seems likely whoever killed Emily was known to her. I just can't completely buy into the theory it was a gang-related killing, because as others have pointed out, why would they have kept her for so long? Why kill and dispose of her in this manner? Seems kind of counter to the M.O. of your average banger.

I don't believe she stayed wherever she was for those 12 days willingly, at least not with a baby in her tummy. She would have needed food, if not for her, for the child she was so excited to be carrying, and it doesn't sound like she ate much. Still, I find it interesting she vanished so soon after her probation ended. Had she disappeared while still on probation, LE would have launched a good sized investigation, thinking she'd absconded or whatever it's called. I still lean towards her being held involuntarily for that time... or at least for part of that time... but just something to consider.

My thoughts are with Emily's family. I hope they are able to find out what happened to their loved one soon. It's been way too long.

I also spent several days going over the family's official website....

Hi there! Did you ever officially finish going over the entire 100 pages of the families websites? Have the Rangers done anything in the last 4 years? Have any shows or outside agencies finally been allowed to be involved in this case? Just wondering...

Does anyone have any information on the probation officers and men that worked at the juvenile facility there? Has there been interviews conducted by police about this case??

Has it ever been searched to see if Det Ward had ANY connection to the facility that she was staying in. EX: Family member working there, or good friend...

Texas man charged in 1993 teen homicide cold case | KVEO-TV

COMAL COUNTY, Texas (ValleyCentral) — A Texas man was charged for the 1993 killing of a San Antonio teenager, according to a press release.

The case went cold for almost two decades until 2017 when the sheriff’s office renewed the investigation. In 2021, the sheriff’s office requested the help of the Texas Rangers Unsolved Crimes Investigation Program.

Emily Jeanette Garcia was staying with some friends in northeastern San Antonio and was known to hang out with friends in Canyon Lake.

Thomas Ray Galindo, who was 21 years old at the time, was “acquaintances” with the teenager, according to the press release.

Here is a YouTube Video Texas Dept of Public Safety posted in August. (Not the best quality video) I'm sure they used other social media to generate leads.

The suspect and Emily were acquaintances. This surprises me.

This crime had "30 yo, stranger" written all over it, mainly because her body was found 50 miles away in a fairly affluent, secluded, very rural area. I just assumed that Emily had gotten a ride from someone instead of taking the bus and met her demise that way. Emily ran with a rough gang affiliated crowd. I just could not picture someone from that group having access to the area where she was found.

It also appears that the abduction and murder of Heidi Seeman (11 yo and found in general area) are probably not related.

Galindo has a history of arrests in 1990-1991 for assault etc. Afterward, there are no further arrests.

Someone must have talked after seeing social media from Texas DPS.

The killer of Emily and her unborn son Emilio garcia was arrested September 10 2021 in Brazoria County tx and transported and booked in Comal County September 15 2021 for the murder he has 100,000 surety bond thomas ray galindo is 50 yrs old and was 21 at the time of Emily and Emilio death

AUSTIN – A Brazoria man is in custody on one count of murder in the 28-year-old homicide of San Antonio teenager Emily Jeanette Garcia.

"Thomas Ray Galindo, 50, was arrested on Friday at his home in Brazoria by the U.S. Marshals Gulf Coast Violent Offenders and Fugitive Task Force and transferred to Comal County, where the crime occurred, on Wednesday. He is charged with killing 15-year-old Garcia in February 1993. At the time, Galindo was 21 years old and he and Garcia were acquaintances."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back