Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

Guys, this is a very small police department. Just giving this page a cursory look, it doesn't appear that they even have a PIO to coordinate public and media relations - press releases, press conferences, etc. Their CID consists of one Lieutenant and six Detective Sergeants, and their priority is to find Emily. At the same time they still have to perform their regular duties. MOO

City of Ennis, Texas

That makes sense.. Thanks for explaining xx

Worth reposting

**Interesting point about areas being flooded the night she went missing. Also that cell phone was not used even BEFORE she was last seen. IMO

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/emily-wade/

*Wade lives at an an apartment in Ennis with her mother and daughter.

*Police have said Emily's cell phone has been turned off and has not been used since before she was last seen Saturday night (Jan 5). She has not used her credit cards and he bank account has not been touched.

*Emily Wade is the mother of a 7 year-old daughter. The girl also lives in Ennis, Texas and Emily shares custody with the girl's father.

*JJ (the daughter's father) also lives in Ennis and they share custody of their daughter.

*Her mother said Emily had gone to watch a movie with a Chili's co-worker, who is one of the few friends she has made since moving to Ennis.

*Wade had moved to Ennis to help her mom through back surgery, moved back to hometown in Kentucky, and then moved back to Ennis again to live in an apartment with her mother and 7 year-old daughter.

*Police have used drones and boats during the search. They have retraced her route home from the co-worker's house and looked in low-lying areas near creeks and other water that were flooded the night she disappeared.

I know she has limited talk availability but as a mother I can't see her turning her phone off in case the father needed to reach her for emergencies.... This is what is most intriguing to me.. Along with all the other things obviously.. Hope for some news for her family xx

I used to think that a missing car would be hard to hide. But a person can drive it to a parking lot out of the area. The busier, the harder it will be to recognize and less likely that someone will report it.

Agree. It seems quite easy to leave a car at a Walmart, truck stop, etc.....anywhere that's open 24 hours. How often do places like Walmart canvas their parking lots looking for anything out of the ordinary?

Agree. It seems quite easy to leave a car at a Walmart, truck stop, etc.....anywhere that's open 24 hours. How often do places like Walmart canvas their parking lots looking for anything out of the ordinary?
As long as they are away from the store and causing a disturbance hardly ever.Deceased people have been found in cars at walmart parking lots after many days.

I would almost bet her car is in a garage or body of water.If in Texas in plain sight it would have been spotted with the Kentucky plates.Her disappearance has gotten decent coverage such as GMA.

We looked in a million large parking lots all over northeast tx all weekend. Nada. And theyare doing a damn good job of searching back roads, fields, water, etc. I gotta say I was 100 percent accident until this weekend. Now I'm not so sure.

I would almost bet her car is in a garage or body of water.If in Texas in plain sight it would have been spotted with the Kentucky plates. Her disappearance has gotten decent coverage such as GMA.
Except that the plates can easily be removed and replaced with TX plates. I don't necessarily think that's happened, but it is possible - we just saw that happen in the Jayme Closs case. MOO

Last edited:
As long as they are away from the store and causing a disturbance hardly ever.Deceased people have been found in cars at walmart parking lots after many days.
This is not a pleasant thought. Who knew?

I worried when I read about the flooded roads the night she went missing, that maybe she tried to drive through one. Many who try that, get stuck and try to get out of their car to move out of it..Often they are then washed away themselves.

Her car would be recoverable if that were the case though. IMO. Unless of course the car is completely submerged.

ETA I usually park a distance away from a store in order to get the exercise. I believe I'm gonna move a little closer now.

Last edited:
I have been following that case too. There are two women who also have been arrested for helping him get rid of evidence and harboring him. It made it seem they would be enough help. MOO But that guy is scary and I’m sure has left a trail of destruction. There is another ex of his that went missing 10 years ago. Moo
Not sure if I can say this or not....but her FB page says that she left a job in Kentwood, Michigan in January of 2016.....and it shows this guy was arrested in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Maybe they knew each other?

Emily Wade was found this morning. Just announced.

541995_390368527719692_511844197_n.jpg

Ennis Police Department
8 mins ·
NEWS RELEASE: Reference Missing Person, Emily Wade

In the late morning hours of Monday January 21, 2018 search volunteers found the deceased body of a female meeting the description of a missing person, Emily Wade. The body was found in a creek bed that was known to be flooding on the night Emily Wade went missing.

The body will be transported to the Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office for positive identification and determination on the cause of death.

The Ennis Police Department would like to share our appreciation for all of the volunteers and assisting agencies that have spent countless hours over the past two weeks searching for Emily Wade.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Emily Wade.

See More

22 Comments
59 Shares

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member