Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

Jmo, Nancy Grace was not going to put someone on her show who said that this was likely accidental...that is not who she is. Gotta stir up controversy...jmo

This guy was the one who led the searches for Cajun Group, and he is experienced in searching, even for flood victims. Definitely not just some guy who would stir up controversy. He was pretty tight with the family and the community while the group was in town. His opinion is based, seemingly on his experience.

You're right that Nancy Grace would have someone on her show that expresses a controversial opinion though.

JMO

I agree 100% about Nancy, but ALL of this post is so spot on. He was the “face” of this investigation for the community (FB, at the very least) as there was NO presence from EPD. I had gotten past my suspicion of something nefarious still hanging me up, UNTIL this interview. The family seems to be united around terrible accident, so you have to wonder how they feel about this.

Toney Wade was so very involved in finding Emily that I have to give him and his statistics consideration.

Right now I'm waiting to find the car. If she left by window or door I think they will be open.
Yes Emily's family are right now concentrating on their loss and planning a memorial service in Ennis before they take her to ky for burial.

Odd she was OUTSIDE the car. I guess others are thinking the same thing. But odd things do happen...

See, I don’t think so. I’m more surprised when someone is found in a flooded car. Once the pressure equalizes, the door can usually be opened. Not everyone leaves thru a window.
I am surprised the car has not yet been discovered. But, it could be in a deep pocket of water, I’m not sure if the creek has receded to a normal level.

See, I don’t think so. I’m more surprised when someone is found in a flooded car. Once the pressure equalizes, the door can usually be opened. Not everyone leaves thru a window.
I am surprised the car has not yet been discovered. But, it could be in a deep pocket of water, I’m not sure if the creek has receded to a normal level.
It might be good if we learn how to escape from a submerged car...

Lots of posts removed regarding polygraphs and/or the co-worker.

Discussion re a polygraph is rumor which is not allowed here.

As per LE, the co-worker has been cleared. Please do not continue to discuss them and cast aspersions.

Thanks.

Local woman says she helped find missing Texas mother
“Emily Wade was found in the creek exactly where I said she would be,” says April, who goes by the name the Cajun Medium. She said she spent five days in Texas helping search for Wade.

“I was asked by search and rescue to come and help. There were no leads in this case, she just vanished", says April. "There was no money taken out of her account, her phone was dead, she just fell off the face of the earth, basically."

News 10 spoke to the Ennis Police Department today. They say people came from across the country came to Texas to help find Emily. Police believe she drowned after crossing a flooded creek. Her car has yet to be found.

Investigators say it was a rainy night when Wade went missing. There were two signs on side of the road warning of high water and a closed bridge, but it could have been hard to see in during bad weather.

Wade’s family is asking for privacy during this difficult time. They did tell local news outlets Wade will be buried back home in Kentucky.

Vigil planned for missing Ennis woman found dead
Friends and community members will gather on Thursday to honor an Ennis mother whose body was finally found this week after a two-week search.

A memorial service/ vigil is planned for 38-year old Emily Wade at First Presbyterian Church in Ennis at 7 p.m. After the service, they will release sky lanterns in her honor.

Jared Jones, Emily’s ex-boyfriend and the father of their 7-year-old daughter, says the kindness and support from the community and strangers has been overwhelming. He’s especially thankful for the Louisiana-based Cajun Coast Search and Rescue team.

“The people here in Ennis I mean just so many. Thanks and appreciation for everything they did. Saw a community come together. You don’t see a lot of times. So many people, so many prayers and wishes,” he said. “We talked to them in the mornings. We talked to them in the evenings. Talked to them throughout the day. They cared. And you could tell they cared.”

Emily’s death is being called an accident. Authorities do not believe foul play was involved. Her exact cause of death is still pending from the medical examiner’s office.

Someone posted a while ago that the headrests of the newer cars double as glass breakers. Maybe check to see if true. Good to be prepared.

Also, fwiw, I heard that if you react quickly enough and lower the window before the car gets swamped, you will still be able to. Once car is submerged, electronics no longer work and window can not be lowered. You'd have to really have your wits about you and not panic in this case.

Local woman says she helped find missing Texas mother
“Emily Wade was found in the creek exactly where I said she would be,” says April, who goes by the name the Cajun Medium. She said she spent five days in Texas helping search for Wade.

“I was asked by search and rescue to come and help. There were no leads in this case, she just vanished", says April. "There was no money taken out of her account, her phone was dead, she just fell off the face of the earth, basically."

News 10 spoke to the Ennis Police Department today. They say people came from across the country came to Texas to help find Emily. Police believe she drowned after crossing a flooded creek. Her car has yet to be found.

Investigators say it was a rainy night when Wade went missing. There were two signs on side of the road warning of high water and a closed bridge, but it could have been hard to see in during bad weather.

Wade’s family is asking for privacy during this difficult time. They did tell local news outlets Wade will be buried back home in Kentucky.

BBM

The historical weather data from 3 different weather stations surrounding Ennis show no precipitation on Saturday- daytime or night, on January 5th.
Campbell-Corsicana Municipal, TX History | Weather Underground

I have also attached images of rainfall totals for the US covering that Saturday and Sunday Jan. 5 and 6th, 7AM - 7AM. The 7AM time is confusing, but the maps of the two days do span Saturday night. No measurable precipitation is seen near Ennis on either map.
Total 24-Hour Precipitation

Also 24 hr weather radar does not show precipitation in Ennis on January 5th.
Image Archive

Some of the better weather tools appear down due to the gov shutdown.

Was there really "bad weather" as noted? Were they remembering Saturday night accurately, since they probably weren't thinking of a car in a creek early on? I'm confused.

It only matters because if there really was a driving rain night, the likelihood of Emily not seeing the signs or flooded bridge go way up. It is was dry, then...

Attachments

• Cors.png
    Cors.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Sunday.png
    Sunday.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Saturday.png
    Saturday.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
BBM

The historical weather data from 3 different weather stations surrounding Ennis show no precipitation on Saturday- daytime or night, on January 5th.
Campbell-Corsicana Municipal, TX History | Weather Underground

I have also attached images of rainfall totals for the US covering that Saturday and Sunday Jan. 5 and 6th, 7AM - 7AM. The 7AM time is confusing, but the maps of the two days do span Saturday night. No measurable precipitation is seen near Ennis on either map.
Total 24-Hour Precipitation

Also 24 hr weather radar does not show precipitation in Ennis on January 5th.
Image Archive

Some of the better weather tools appear down due to the gov shutdown.

Was there really "bad weather" as noted? Were they remembering Saturday night accurately, since they probably weren't thinking of a car in a creek early on? I'm confused.

It only matters because if there really was a driving rain night, the likelihood of Emily not seeing the signs or flooded bridge go way up.
Many locals have said it was a sunny day that Saturday...that the rains had come the previous days/weeks. Also the Bardwell Lake (Reservoir) empties into Chambers Creek and any released water from there because of high-water levels in the lake, would also add to flooding in the creek. There was a link for this posted upthread a ways.

Did you watch Gray Hughes video about this? It’s back a few pages in the thread. He shows what the bridge looks like both with no water on it and it completely covered in water. It has no true sides. It would be soo easy to go right over it. If the water was as high as they say, the bridge isn’t even vaguely visible. The car would be too deep in water to drive through, turn around or stop. It’s pretty creepy looking. I have no idea why she was on that road. Gray mentioned that perhaps they had a few beers or smoked a little. (There is NO EVIDENCE of that at this time, just a theory only.)

There are no rails on bridge but as you go down the hill there are “earthen” sides before you reach actual bridge - I’ve seen pictures that show water 2ft or more as you enter protected by those “dirt” sides ... the pictures Gray showed of these “sides” were covered with vines and bushes - BUT on the bridge there is NO protection - no sides and it looks scary ... I wouldn’t have gone through- I would have backed up. But did she see the water on a moonless night? Surely her headlights would have shown her it was flooded?
Gray seems to be the one who drinks a few and smokes a few IMO. He’s so disorganized ... and like most of us - unfamiliar with the area. You can get an idea with GE, I use it all the time. My brother lived in Ennis for several years but things have changed since then and they change from season to season, as Gray showed in pictures.
Like others have said, she was probably taking wrong turns and ended up there ... BUT why didn’t she realize, “Hey I didn’t go down this very steep hill and cross this bridge on my way to friends house!”
I just can’t believe she would have entered the water ... she didn’t cross it going out there and she would have had to have been really ‘high’ to forget going down that steep hill and crossing a water covered bridge.
Those roads are gravel ... if you go fast ...you slide ... I don’t think she was speeding and went in accidentally AND for the life of me, I don’t understand her not calling anyone if she was running late, or felt lost ... the autopsy will tell us the truth, hopefully.

I heard most of podcast. True about NG stirring controversy. Why did he think it so unusual seatbelt off and she’s out of car?? I’m sure window down, took seatbelt off and tried to swim.
JMO. Autopsy will confirm of course. I feel sorry for her family.
I listen to NG podcast and I hear “mistakes” all the time BUT after listening to this one I’m not sure I will listen anymore ... so much wrong information - it was irritating! Doesn’t she know she should read WEBSLEUTHS before she does a podcast if she wants good information???? If any of us say anything wrong - a member or a mod will correct us quickly and delete bad info... it’s a shame these podcasters don’t have the same kind of integrity and determination to get correct information. #RantOver JMO.

They sell different versions of what I used to call my “escape” tool. It functions to slice a seatbelt quickly and break any auto glass easily. It was marketed mostly in the event of wrecking into water or getting caught in flood waters, etc. They’re very affordable. I highly recommend keeping one right beside your seat. It’s a necessity, imo, especially now that automatic windows are the standard.

Attached are bridge still images from PommyMommy's link above:

Police On Body Found In Creek Bed Being Missing Ennis Mother Emily Wade: ‘We’re Confident It’s Her’

Video taken today or yesterday showing the current water level. Stunningly high water over the submerged bridge. There is no turbulence in the bridge location because the bridge is so far underwater. Not sure what the water height was on Jan. 5th other that is was high and over the road in this location, as I understand.

A car driving into the water would be immediately floating in the running water, downstream. No impact with anything. There also would be no sitting in 1-2 feet of water on the bridge IMO, where a door can be opened. A third image pin notes the location of the body 600 yards downstream, as was referenced in the video. The Ensign Road bridge is on the left side of the image, and is of course upstream of the noted location.
Could Emily swim competently?
Thank you for those pictures! I thought water would be higher on the earthen sides. It looks really wide - anyone know the distance or length of bridge?
I’ve been wondering where her body was found.
I’m assuming water is flowing from (S)East to West for her body to have been found there?
Shouldn’t car be between her and the bridge?

There are no rails on bridge but as you go down the hill there are “earthen” sides before you reach actual bridge - I’ve seen pictures that show water 2ft or more as you enter protected by those “dirt” sides ... the pictures Gray showed of these “sides” were covered with vines and bushes - BUT on the bridge there is NO protection - no sides and it looks scary ... I wouldn’t have gone through- I would have backed up. But did she see the water on a moonless night? Surely her headlights would have shown her it was flooded?
Gray seems to be the one who drinks a few and smokes a few IMO. He’s so disorganized ... and like most of us - unfamiliar with the area. You can get an idea with GE, I use it all the time. My brother lived in Ennis for several years but things have changed since then and they change from season to season, as Gray showed in pictures.
Like others have said, she was probably taking wrong turns and ended up there ... BUT why didn’t she realize, “Hey I didn’t go down this very steep hill and cross this bridge on my way to friends house!”
I just can’t believe she would have entered the water ... she didn’t cross it going out there and she would have had to have been really ‘high’ to forget going down that steep hill and crossing a water covered bridge.
Those roads are gravel ... if you go fast ...you slide ... I don’t think she was speeding and went in accidentally AND for the life of me, I don’t understand her not calling anyone if she was running late, or felt lost ... the autopsy will tell us the truth, hopefully.

I can’t figure it out, I really can’t. I’ve nearly driven right into a few flooded areas at night. If it was raining, that made it even harder to see. Do we know if it was raining when she was driving?

I can’t figure it out, I really can’t. I’ve nearly driven right into a few flooded areas at night. If it was raining, that made it even harder to see. Do we know if it was raining when she was driving?

Read back a few posts, lotsa informative weather data, imo
She may have had night blindness glare from the water. It’s impossible to know how deep it is unless you travel the road & know the landscape.
Very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back