Found Deceased TX - Erica Hernandez, 40, Houston, 17 Apr 2021

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Apr 22, 2021.

1. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

From my experience in newer neighborhoods in the areas along the tollways in that part of Houston, the residential streets are often laid out in a maze. It is easy to get turned around even with a gps, and at night it’s even harder to navigate. Even when I know where I am going because I have been there before, the continual development of new streets and construction can confuse you quickly. It is hard in the middle of the day. It is even more challenging in the middle of the night. IMHO

2. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

3. beandawgs

beandawgs Active Member

I have a relative in Cypress who lives in a subdivision with two different streets the same name slightly different, I used gps and ended up in the wrong area...I think she was going super fast down reflection bay , probably didn’t see the water at night went right in ...

4. annpats

annpats On Time Out

Her eldest daughter needed the car at 05.00hrs for work, so I would think maybe her?

5. Araised_Marvels

Araised_Marvels Lone Star State Member

I think a lot of suspicion arised over the fact that the so called “best friend” who saw her last didn’t seem to be cooperating or doing very little to find Erica. It’s sad that in times like these, you realize who your real friends are.

6. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Here's a good article about the FBI's specialized unit for cell phone analysis:

How Cell Phone Tracking Is Increasingly Being Used to Solve Crimes

7. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Let's Find Erica Hernandez

Vigil for Erica Hernandez
    The family would like to invite everyone who would like to join us for a vigil, Sunday, May 16, at 4pm. It will be held by the lake in Shadow Creek Ranch.
    Please join us to pray and release flowers into the lake in memory of Erica.
    There will also be a temporary cross set up. Flowers may be placed there as well.

8. thorpedo

thorpedo Active Member

Greetings from Cypress! I live in that neighborhood. Seriously though, this applies to so many Houston area subdivisions. GPS can't keep up with new construction and common names.

9. book-thinker

book-thinker Well-Known Member

Driving late at night it wouldn’t be difficult to get turned around on streets. The city of Pearland needs to install barriers on this street so this never happened again.
    This afternoon for simply driving directions l used my google map, l still missed the street l should have turned right. This ended up taken me miles out of the way.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  10. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

So she maybe took a wrong turn, had trouble getting back to where she wanted to be, worried about getting home in time for her daughter to take the car, maybe driving a little fast and a little stressed because of it, and lost control?

11. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Any chance she might’ve headed for a drive through? Just a thought.

12. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

For reference, in case not already posted:

13. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

There are many ways she could have accidentally driven into the pond—driving fast, blowing through stop sign, medical emergency, falling asleep while driving, hitting the accelerator instead of the break….

BUT I am having a hard time that her drive home from friend’s house was 15 min yet she was seen an hour and a half later at 4 am, then car pulled out of the lake no where near her home —even further away than the 4am sighting. Knowing her daughter needed the car at 5am.

I’m still leaning toward an accident, but I have questions. Like why was she even in Pearland? It doesn’t make sense, and I have a hard time believing she was lost for over an hour and a half when she was only a few minutes from home.

14. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Perhaps dark, distracted, tired - didn’t see the stop sign and drove straight into the water?

15. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

I can totally see this, but I don’t believe she was just driving around lost for over an hour and a half. I think she must have been meeting someone, and I wonder if that person has come forward.

Marg from Oz, tezi, geevee and 11 others like this.
  16. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Perhaps her ex/children’s father? I don’t see her meeting up with a new friend in the middle of the night. JMO

Did Erica work in that area? I can’t remember if any of the articles mentioned where she worked.

17. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

I don’t believe it was ever shared the location of her workplace.
    It was stated she worked full time answering calls for an insurance place.

18. ChuckInHouston

ChuckInHouston Well-Known Member

no.

19. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

As far as tolls, I don’t think it ever occurred to me she may be trying to avoid them and this is why she ended up where she did. Good question though @MimosaMornings !:)
    But I often wondered if the cameras on the tollway may have caught something.

@ChuckInHouston Just genuinely curious to your reasoning behind why you think she wasn’t avoiding tolls. :)

20. annpats

annpats On Time Out

She called a strange phone number that know one knew, in the early hours before she went missing.
    Surely the person who she called must have lived that way?
    FBI/LE need to find out who it was and where they lived. It may be innocent, and not connected to her accident. That's if it WAS an accident or course.

Let's hope toxicology reports come through with the details soon. Then we'll hopefully know if drink/drugs were involved.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    Marg from Oz, misgrn, mlhenn and 10 others like this.