GUILTY TX - Savannah Roque, 2, bludgeoned to death by father with hammer, Orange, 19 Feb 2019

Trinitee

aka "BullyBuster"
Reaction score
Police: Texas man confessed in hammer death of daughter, 2

ORANGE, Texas (AP) — A Southeast Texas man accused of bludgeoning his 2-year-old daughter to death with a hammer was naked and blood-stained when he told police officers he had killed the toddler, according to an affidavit.

An officer's body camera captured 26-year-old Yovahnis Roque confessing Tuesday in the death of his child at their home in Orange, near the Louisiana border, according to the police affidavit. Roque was arrested and charged with capital murder.

Police: Texas man confessed in hammer death of daughter, 2

The report seems to indicate the suspect had a psychotic break of some kind. I wonder if it was related to drugs, or possibly to the severe injuries from the car accident two years ago, or something else. Too bad the friend getting the bizarre texts or someone else aware of the suspect's deranged thinking / behavior did not act to protect the baby and call authorities to intervene with the suspect. Did his mother, whom they lived with, see no warning signs? Hard to imagine she didn't.

I recommend the one-day mental health first aid class I took several years ago. The purpose is to train lay people to notice the signs of mental illness, especially suicidal ideation, so that the lay person is aware to get professional help for the at-risk person in time to avert a tragedy. Important to emphasize the purpose of the class is only to teach how to recognize the need to get professional help, and NOT to teach lay people to intervene themselves.

What a tragic ending to a young family--death of the baby's mother, then brutal murder of the baby and likely life imprisonment of her father, if found guilty of capital murder. At least the suspect's mother called police right away and the suspect confessed. So many times we see crazy efforts by suspects and family members to cover up murders. JMO.

Last edited:
I found him in the jail site, no court date dates, but can't find a criminal case link to Orange County, just criminal-misdemeanors...

If you have one - please post! :)

This happened a couple of houses down from my moms house. It’s a quiet street in a good neighborhood. Ya never know. They’re having a vigil tonight at 7pm. I’m shocked this story isn’t being widely publicized, it’s all over our local news.

This happened a couple of houses down from my moms house. It’s a quiet street in a good neighborhood. Ya never know. They’re having a vigil tonight at 7pm. I’m shocked this story isn’t being widely publicized, it’s all over our local news.

Have you heard any explanation for the man's murderous, apparently delusional actions? TIA.

Have you heard any explanation for the man's murderous, apparently delusional actions? TIA.

Yes. He is absolutely insane and thought that his daughter had a microchip implanted in her and the government was out to get him. He stated during arraignment that he was being forced to move by the government and it’s all an act, that he didn’t kill his baby.

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post his Facebook here but he rambled on about the government and conspiracies, and it was clear he was insane even MONTHS ago. He has many cries for help.

His mother was apparently going to get a mental illness warrant that day and left the girl home with him (for reasons I can’t begin to understand), and the rest is unfortunately history. My mother moved to the neighborhood a few months ago, and we do not know this family personally.

This can all be found on KFDM news or KBMT12 news, it’s all over their facebooks. This is a crazy case and devastating. It’s all anyone is talking about.

Fathers Facebook is under Geo Roque and says he’s from Florida, but he recently moved in with his mother to Orange. Please delete if not allowed.

Last edited:
I'm really happy Texans are smart enough to have death penalty. This scum will be sentenced to death in a second (at least I hope that...)
There's a cold cell for him at Huntsville Unit o_O

image.jpeg
Savannah Roque

According to the posts above by @JessiByr, and also several media reports, Savannah's father had been exhibiting signs of severe mental illness for months before he murdered her. He also, reportedly, suffered with some mental health issues even before he met his wife, and the illness worsened after the car crash that killed his wife and severely injured him. I've never lived in Texas, so I'm not familiar with the laws there, but I was surprised that a person exhibiting psychosis at the time of a murder would be charged with capital murder--potentially punishable by death. Apparently, he was charged with capital murder because the victim was under 10, and his mental state leading up to and during the murder is not a factor in charging. That's how I interpreted the dad's charge based on this law firm's blog. https://www.brodenmickelsen.com/blog/capital-murder-texas-understanding-crimes-penalties/

Father accused of killing toddler with hammer struggled before and after wreck that killed girl’s mom

I went into Orange County and there is no case for him. I do find him as an inmate, but they don't give court dates there.

Anyone hear anything "new" on this case? Maybe a court date? TIA! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back