Found Deceased TX - Felicia Marie Johnson, 24, bloody cellphone found, Houston, 15 Apr 2022 *POI charged*

Article published 5/6/22, but not much new info.

I don't know what to think or believe.

The only thing that's independently confirmed (or confirmed by two sources) is that she was in Houston, as a friend said that Felicia told her she was going to Houston for her birthday. (KHOU)

- Applying for a job at Cover Girls: denied by the the club, who additionally said that the hostess and manager working the night of do not recall seeing her. (KHOU)
- Phone being found in Bear Creek Park. Houston PD hasn't confirmed this. a TES team conducted a search in that area. (ABC13)
- Requesting an Uber and/or getting into someone else's car: HPD has not confirmed this.
- in addition, her father said that she would have to know this person, that she would not enter into a stranger's car. (10News)

The info is a bit shaky.
- It's 19 miles/30 minutes from the general Texas Medical Center area to Cover Girls.
- The hotel hasn't been named, but it was reported that Quanell X found Felicia's belongings in the hotel room and turned them over to HPD. (CNN)
- The phone was reportedly found on Eldridge Parkway near Bear Creek Park. (KHOU)
- Eldridge Parkway is a major throughway in the park. At its closest point, it's about 3 miles from Cover Girls.

Last edited:

Article published 5/6/22, but not much new info.

I don't know what to think or believe.

The only thing that's independently confirmed (or confirmed by two sources) is that she was in Houston, as a friend said that Felicia told her she was going to Houston for her birthday. (KHOU)

- Applying for a job at Cover Girls: denied by the the club, who additionally said that the hostess and manager working the night of do not recall seeing her. (KHOU)
- Phone being found in Bear Creek Park. Houston PD hasn't confirmed this. a TES team conducted a search in that area. (ABC13)
- Requesting an Uber and/or getting into someone else's car: HPD has not confirmed this.
- in addition, her father said that she would have to know this person, that she would not enter into a stranger's car. (10News)

The info is a bit shaky.
- It's 19 miles/30 minutes from the general Texas Medical Center area to Cover Girls.
- The hotel hasn't been named, but it was reported that Quanell X found Felicia's belongings in the hotel room and turned them over to HPD. (CNN)
- The phone was reportedly found on Eldridge Parkway near Bear Creek Park. (KHOU)
- Eldridge Parkway is a major throughway in the park. At its closest point, it's about 3 miles from Cover Girls.
Afaik, this missing lady was never seen on CCTV in or around Cover Girls Club.

I know the hotel hasn’t been named publicly, but hopefully it had (working) security cameras that captured her leaving (and getting into a car, if that’s what happened).

I really wish there was more solid information available.

Nothing new really other than dad saying that police told him that she was seen in club surveillance video and that they know her last direction of travel…but police still not talking.

<snip & BBM>
“We do know when all her social media her bank account anything of her movements stopped on the 16th so that’s what I know for sure," he said.

Johnson said police were able to confirm Felicia is in the surveillance video handed over by Cover Girls adult entertainment club, where she was allegedly last seen.

“They have identified her on the surveillance footage that that is her and they also know where her last whereabouts were," Johnson said.

Houston police were unable to confirm this information to KHOU 11.

He said they couldn’t go into further details but he left with a better idea of where the investigation stands.

<snip>

MAY 17

According to Johnson, several dancers at Cover Girls nightclub told his private investigator that Felicia was seen that night applying for a job and being turned away.

“They said that she was very angry, upset, very distraught. Probably not thinking correctly. The front door girl said she did see her get into a car with one of the regulars,” said Johnson.

Felicia hasn't been seen since.

More at Father: Missing San Diego woman's last location confirmed by Houston police

This is a little confusing to me. JMO.

At the beginning of the article, the following is shared:
The father of a missing San Diego woman who disappeared last month during a trip to Houston says police have confirmed her last known whereabouts.

Then it goes on to share:
An attorney for the club told ABC 10News surveillance video of that night has been handed over to police. Having viewed all the video, he says Johnson was not spotted in the club or getting a ride from anyone.

Johnson says recently, police gave him a very brief update.

“They know where her last whereabouts were … They didn't confirm the actual place. They just said they can confirm through surveillance, her whereabouts and her identity,” said Johnson.

The father of a missing San Diego woman who disappeared last month during a trip to Houston says police have confirmed her last known whereabouts.

An attorney for the club told ABC 10News surveillance video of that night has been handed over to police. Having viewed all the video, he says Johnson was not spotted in the club or getting a ride from anyone.

“They know where her last whereabouts were … They didn't confirm the actual place. They just said they can confirm through surveillance, her whereabouts and her identity,” said Johnson.
It IS confusing. I'm hoping they are being evasive for a reason such as not to compromise the case.

it sounds to me like he was "reading between the lines" but that HPD didnt reveal the club was where that footage is from.

the club is saying she was not seen on the footage. of course.

Hard to pin down anything.

I initially thought, if Felicia was actually at Cover Girls, it's possible the club simply didn't/couldn't spot her on CCTV, but another review shows her there. But it is also possible the CCTV is from another club, not Cover Girls.

Does TES searching Bear Creek Park lend credibility to the report of Felicia's cell phone being found there? HPD has not confirmed/denied that the phone was found there.

I do not consider witness accounts to be particularly reliable. I like them to be corroborated by other proof. Like when the club attorney says that the manager and hostess don't remember seeing her there on the day of, I think it's entirely possible that she didn't 'stand out' or otherwise make herself memorable or remembered.

But everything starts with: where and when she was last seen?

IMO, most or all of the information on this case comes from the father or the father's friend/private investigator. The club's lawyer has made a public statement. And her father is not a spokesperson for local LE. I am really unsure what is going on in this case.

Who was Felicia going to celebrate her birthday with? Her grandfather? Who else did she know that lived there?

Did she have a round trip ticket?

Plane fare, meals, hotel, Uber’s - she must have been expecting to make a good bit of money to offset the trip costs.

I’d definitely check out a club’s social media page ahead of time to get a feel for the place, dancers, clientele and entertainment atmosphere.
JMO
Looks like the table is set for four, and there is a gift at the table behind her

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back