TX - Fern Thedford, 6 mos, dies in hot car, Melissa, 21 June 2016

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Blondie in Spokane, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Active Member

Teacher charged with manslaughter after leaving baby daughter in his hot minivan for four hours - then trying in vain to revive her by putting her in the FRIDGE

Michael Shannon Thedford, 33, charged with manslaughter for leaving his six-month-old daughter in the car for up to four hours in Melissa, Texas

Thedford dropped his two other children at day car and returned home

He had a nap and left the baby for up to four hours locked in the heat

Thedford reportedly tried to put the child the refrigerator to revive her

He then called police, who found the girl unresponsive

Neighbors saw Thedford reenacting what happened with a doll

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vain-revive-putting-FRIDGE.html#ixzz4CNNdJ6U0

2. Loading...

3. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN New Member

I don't think I can click on these stories all summer long. :( RIP sweet angel.

4. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN New Member

Thedford told investigators that he took his older children, a 5-year-old and a 3-year-old, to daycare around 9 a.m., but didn’t drop off 6-month-old Fern because she had a fever.
    The 33-year-old drove back to his family’s home in Collier County and went inside to take a nap, leaving the baby in the car, police said. He woke up around 1 p.m. and remembered his daughter was still in the car, he told investigators.
    He rushed the tot inside, placed her in the chilly refrigerator and called both 911 and his wife, who was at work at a nearby veterinary clinic, police said. The dad, who identified himself as an unemployed high school teacher, tried CPR before paramedics arrived, he told cops.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/texas-dad-put-baby-fridge-leaving-hot-car-article-1.2684862

5. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN New Member

6. Tssiemer

Tssiemer Well-Known Member

I'm so cynical after Cooper Harris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. desertmama

desertmama Member

Why were the kids in daycare if he was unemployed?

8. AC's Grandma

AC's Grandma Member

Note my sarcasm - dads don't babysit their children, mom was working and they needed to go to daycare. He went home and took a nap while he left his sick infant, who had a fever, in the car. I guess her temperature wasn't high enough. He deserves to be charged with the baby's death.

9. osu

osu Member

10. RT51

RT51 New Member

I totally agree. When my husband would get laid off, the kids were pulled from daycare, and he was a stay at home Dad. And he did a great job! Even did the house work and cooked. There times he was working and I wasn't and the same went for me. Team effort!

11. Eloise

Eloise Active Member

Generally speaking (not about this case specifically) I can think of reasons. There are social benefits to the kids themselves and I know no SAHPs who don't have their kids go for a couple of days a week (not full time) for the kids own benefit. But most likely you would keep them in so you could get another job. Job hunting takes time and effort and you also wouldn't want to relinquish the care place only to have to get it again when you returned to work.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

12. Blondie in Spokane

13. Zuri

Zuri New Member

Just looking at the size of his nares (nostrils), does anyone else suspect questionable substance abuse? This is not meant to offend anyone. First thing I noticed when I looked at his pic, based on having seen hundreds of patients in the ER with similar configuration.

14. Blondie in Spokane

I wondered that too, along with that weird smile (in his second mugshot) which I'd like to slap off his face. Looks like he's not all there.

15. cool12

cool12 Member

someone really should remove the very first post you see from april. disgusting!

RIP sweet little baby.