TX TX/FL/KY/CA/GA - Angel Maturino Resendiz, Railroad Serial Killer, 1980's-90's

Discussion in 'Serial Killers' started by legalmania, Nov 26, 2011.

1. legalmania

legalmania Verified Paralegal

Angel Maturino Resendez thought he was the ultimate serial killer until one young lady broke his rage.

At age 20, college junior Holly Dunn came face-to-face with an infamous serial killer who earned his nickname by choosing victims along the railroad tracks. After being raped, beaten and stabbed, Holly somehow found the will to survive. She would learn that her attacker was responsible for a multi-state killing spree. The race was on to find him before he killed again.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/09/48hours/main7141689.shtml

2. Loading...

3. vlpate

vlpate Sleuther with a porpoise

He was one scary dude. I remember when he killed the doctor in Houston and the frenzy to find him. Thank God Holly survived - not only for obvious reasons, but because without her he may have gotten less time.

4. legalmania

I saw a documentary on him many years ago but they just did an undated one a few days ago and that is what reminded me of him. Wasn't Holly with her boyfriend Paul who didn't survive? He wasn't a big guy, when I saw him in court he made me ill. Like you said without her testimony he may have never been caught or he may have gotten less time.

5. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

This is the entry about Ángel Maturino Reséndiz on Wikipedia
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81ngel_Maturino_Res%C3%A9ndiz"]Ángel Maturino Reséndiz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    it says that one of his early victims was --
    and that he had murdered another unidentified person in Colton, CA --
    does anyone know if either of these people are listed on NamUs or the Doe Network and, if so, what the links are to their pages? Thanks!

6. legalmania

Angel is a liar in 1997 he thought he killed Holly but killed her boyfriend/friend Chris ,they were collage students and went to have a six pack by the railroad tracks, he approached them and asked for money they said they didn't have any he killed Chris and thought he killed Holly but was very surprised to see her in court. Do I have this right? I watch so may documentaries that I get them mixed up.

7. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

LEXINGTON, Ky (LEX 18) An Indiana woman is reflected on what it is like to be the only survivor of a serial killer in her new book, 'Sole Survivor'.

“It was emotionally draining,” Holly Dunn Pendleton told LEX 18. “It was hard to relive everything.”

Pendleton was a student at the University of Kentucky in 1997 when the murders happened. She was walking near campus with her boyfriend, Christopher Maier, when Angel Maturino Resendiz ambushed the couple. Video at link.

http://www.lex18.com/story/35417831/sole-survivor-recalls-encounter-with-serial-killer#