TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still just all about HER. Hoping that they will forgive HER. While on the stand-

SO inappropriate imo, but she doesn't care because SHE needs to feel better. She is an incredibly selfish person.
Yes!!! She even says at one point in her testimony, “I have to live with this for the rest of my life.” (Or something like that). OoplI thought to myself, “ lucky you; Botham is dead.”

So, this is one of the snippets I’ve watched (and I’ve watched it a couple of times), and I am amazed at how she essentially says the exact same thing twice — once in her nearly intelligible “tears,” and then once again when she gathers herself (“give me a minute” :rolleyes:).

I don’t hear “was gonna come at me” through the “tears,” but it’s possible my eyes were rolling too far back in my head for my ears to function properly. I definitely do not hear “was gonna come at me” the second time around. I hear “was gonna kill me” the second time around.

I get that witnesses rehearse their testimony, but that was a little too rehearsed (crying included), IMO. I tend to be one who doesn’t analyze statements because I think everyone reacts differently and it’s unfair to compare what I think I might do or say to a witness/victim/suspect statement. But, man, this woman does not seem credible to me. Her tears are for herself. IMO.

And I am shocked no one else has said this, but it irks the heck out of me that she is blond now. I don’t remember seeing any pictures of her from before as a blond. All her SM photos were not blonde (that I remember, anyway). Maybe some highlights, but not like this. Ugh. This bothers me on so many levels. And I’m a blonde. This is particularly frustrating to me because another poster commented that they would be irritated if she showed up in a dress and heels, and I thought, “of course she will; that is how it is done.” Yet here I am frustrated that they have made her blonde. I guess we all have our buttons that get pushed. They have every right to put forth a defense, but it irks the daylights out of me that part of that defense is to make her blonde.

Two glasses of wine in me, so sorry if I’m rambling. :oops:

Amber Guyger's new look is no accident, say attorneys skilled in remaking a client
Apparently a purposeful move to remake a client to look innocent.
I admit I’ve wondered why she has not worn all white yet
...but then there’s tomorrow.

My bad and MOO

Yes!!! She even says at one point in her testimony, “I have to live with this for the rest of my life.” (Or something like that). OoplI thought to myself, “ lucky you; Botham is dead.”

I was and am very upset she said that. Another stupid comment all about HER. What about Botham's family???

Such a stupid thing to say in this setting.

I can't believe that she wasn't prepared (coached) by her counsel to answer in a slightly more humane/compassionate manner, like ...for the rest of my life I have to live with the fact that because of my stupid mistake, an innocent man lost his life.

Or, maybe she did and I missed it? IMO

Right, in a very well lit hallway, with wall to wall people in apartments, seconds away. Lots of danger of being attacked there. Not.

The defense "Mistake of Fact" is very blurry to me in this case. Guyger was texting and distracted, so she walked into the wrong apartment and killed a man.

How is this really any different than texting and driving and killing someone in an accident? It is pretty much the exact scenario. Except in this case, more deliberate.
Driver Who Killed 2Teens in Texting Crash Gets 6 Years — as Victim's Mom Rejects Tearful Apology

I can't believe that she wasn't prepared (coached) by her counsel to answer in a slightly more humane/compassionate manner, like ...for the rest of my life I have to live with the fact that because of my stupid mistake, an innocent man lost his life.

Or, maybe she did and I missed it? IMO

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...as-murder-trial-neighbor-botham-jean-n1059511

l feel like a piece of crap," she said, sobbing. "I hate that I have to live with this and ask God for forgiveness, and I hate myself every single day.”
"I wish he was the one with the gun and had killed me," she said of her neighbor, Botham Jean. "I never wanted to take an innocent person's life. I'm so sorry. This is not about hate — it's about being scared."

"I wish he was the one with the gun and had killed me," she said of her neighbor, Botham Jean. "I never wanted to take an innocent person's life. I'm so sorry. This is not about hate — it's about being scared."

I wish he had killed me......but he didn't, so please don't punish me or find me guilty, because I'd like to go on with my life. Did I mention that I'm sorry? Ummm....I was scared, you know?

I don't think she went to the apartment hoping to kill someone. But she was a flawed person who performed poorly as a LEO and made a long series of easily avoidable mistakes and very poor choices that resulted in the death of an innocent person in their own home. Further, I don't think she feels any remorse or sadness for Mr Jean. His unfortunate death meant nothing to her other than that it hurt her career.

What else can you say about someone who ignored their training, 2 times, and advance to shoot when she was supposed to retreat and take cover? Her social media communications are pretty clear that she was an aggressive officer who liked to brag that she would kill anyone she felt had crossed her. Then how else do you explain, in the following days, she spent much of her time sexting her partner and trying to have a sexual encounter with him, talked about going out to get drunk.

She is one messed up person. I think she's cold blooded and has an anti-social personality disorder. She's not a good person and not someone who should ever own a weapon or be in a position of responsibility for the safety of other people.

JMO

ETA: I'm also appalled at her lack of concern for Mr Jean and her refusal to provide first aid. JMO, that was a choice she made and she's a horrible person for doing that.

I see her have future problems breaking the law and being a threat to others, even if she's never in law enforcement again.

i am catching up on this thread. I was wondering how the hell I was going to voice my anger and upset at AG......

Well thank you for your post. I agree with all of it.

agreeing to testify shows how narcissistic she is. I would bet she demanded to do so. I could buy a mistake. But I can't believe after making that mistake, that she was so cold blooded as to not help this poor man.

i think she is so far inside of her own head, that she didn't even notice the bright red doormat. she is so far inside her head she cares about no one else but herself. Cold blooded endeed.

And her crying on the stand was about as fake as I have ever seen. I was buying her crap until she testified. And I am so glad she did. She showed everyone her true colors.

And why is my tablet not doing auto caps?

AG: "I feel like I don't deserve the chance to be with my family and friends."

If I were on the jury my reaction might be, you're right. You don't deserve to be free to be with your family. moo

Right, in a very well lit hallway, with wall to wall people in apartments, seconds away. Lots of danger of being attacked there. Not.

The defense "Mistake of Fact" is very blurry to me in this case. Guyger was texting and distracted, so she walked into the wrong apartment and killed a man.

How is this really any different than texting and driving and killing someone in an accident? It is pretty much the exact scenario. Except in this case, more deliberate.
Driver Who Killed 2Teens in Texting Crash Gets 6 Years — as Victim's Mom Rejects Tearful Apology

For me there's not much difference. But it almost feels like we treat guns as less dangerous than cars.

Hi,

Two questions. Are there transcripts of the trial? 2) How did they say she got inside his Apt?

Sorry I have been so busy with work. I didn't know the trial started.

Thanks to anyone who answers.

i am catching up on this thread. I was wondering how the hell I was going to voice my anger and upset at AG......

Well thank you for your post. I agree with all of it.

agreeing to testify shows how narcissistic she is. I would bet she demanded to do so. I could buy a mistake. But I can't believe after making that mistake, that she was so cold blooded as to not help this poor man.

i think she is so far inside of her own head, that she didn't even notice the bright red doormat. she is so far inside her head she cares about no one else but herself. Cold blooded endeed.

And her crying on the stand was about as fake as I have ever seen. I was buying her crap until she testified. And I am so glad she did. She showed everyone her true colors.

And why is my tablet not doing auto caps?

I found her super fake as well. Very phony. There were a few real tears but most was self-pitying fakeness. I actually didn't expect that and it's disappointing and sad to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73