GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s either murder or she walks. Manslaughter would prob not even get her any prison time. So in terms of justice for Botham Jean, a conviction on manslaughter with no time has no value.

I knew the whole she was just so distracted and made a mistake would allow her to walk! I knew it!
crap crap crap!!!!
ETA: Looks like Judge Kemp was endorsed by the Dallas Police Association.

I think it’s either murder or she walks. Manslaughter would prob not even get her any prison time. So in terms of justice for Botham Jean, a conviction on manslaughter with no time has no value.

I knew the whole she was just so distracted and made a mistake would allow her to walk! I knew it!

Manslaughter carries a possible sentence of 2-20 years. She wouldn't "walk".

The judge is applying the law in that state. The judge has been very fair in this case.

If the jury found her guilty of manslaughter then she would be going to prison for 2 to 20 years.

I am floored that the DA did not want this included.

Jmo

Good thing I'm not a lawyer or a judge because I just can't see a person that doesn't have legal physical right to a property claiming the castle doctrine for their benefit. All I can see is that she is the intruder even if she doesn't think so. Since when does thinking something make it so? I better not shoot anyone breaking into my house as they might claim they thought it was theirs and get away with shooting me.....

That's Texas.

Appears that the Prosecution is intentionally making a move to "throw the case". JMO

I don't think that. They appear incredibly invested here. I do think they were being foolish. Personally, I feel they know the jury wants to convict her of something...and they were forcing their hand. They must REALLY think they wouldn't let her go of nothing. So it's murder or nothing, and they wouldn't choose nothing. It's stupid. Unless it worked, I guess. But it appears lesser charges are still included as I listen to the judge.

Per you tube livestream:

Allowing 1 hour for each side for closings.

allowing castle doctrine

Mistake of fact charge allowed

Apparent danger Charge Allowed

Self Defense

(I believe I got this right)

Is it possible the DA talked to the family about this? Is it possible that THEY wanted murder or nothing. I know if this was my child, I would want the murderess held accountable on that charge, though I can't stand the thought of her walking.

I also have no doubt that she'll file an appeal and that she won't be getting out on bond while the appeal process is pending.
Though appeals can be filed, once an individual is convicted, to my knowledge, there is no bond for a pending appeal. Rather, appeals are always, or near always filed “from behind bars”.

As a side note, my general understanding is that winning any appeal in either Texas or the Federal Circuit court reviewing Texas decision is very difficult. The defendant most show “egregious” errors by the attorney or Court / juror actions that “shock the conscious”. Likewise, my general understanding is Texas appellate courts interpret those standards strictly.

In short, claims that the jury composition was less than optimal, or even noticeably less than optimal for the defense, that permissible judgment calls by the judge repeatedly did not favor the defense, that the defense attorney was not stellar- or was even marginally competent are usually not sufficient.

Per you tube livestream:

Allowing 1 hour for each side for closings.

allowing castle doctrine

Mistake of fact charge allowed

Apparent danger Charge Allowed

Self Defense

(I believe I got this right)

What about lesser includeds? Are they allowed?

Manslaughter is included.

A Texas criminal defense atty on ABC said she’d be eligible for straight probation if convicted of the lesser charges. Even if she gets 2 years that’s nothing imo.

I think State is right in pushing the jury towards murder. That’s the only just conviction. State doesn’t want the jury to take an easy out with manslaughter.

I don't think that. They appear incredibly invested here. I do think they were being foolish. Personally, I feel they know the jury wants to convict her of something...and they were forcing their hand. They must REALLY think they wouldn't let her go of nothing. So it's murder or nothing, and they wouldn't choose nothing. It's stupid. Unless it worked, I guess. But it appears lesser charges are still included as I listen to the judge.

I hope you're right. It was a very dangerous move.

what do you mean by whitewashed?
Simply put that the photo depicts him to be the same shade of skin color as the attorneys and not the judge or the court reporter. Comment later on says it's an overhead light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member