GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was what I thought would happen. The DA is savvy, he didn't want to alienate LEO, or public, he puts on vigorous defense, then, jury instructions are so stringent, murder charge only, it is a lifeline for AG, to not alienate LEO.

Knew it was going to be collusion. Now, if she gets off, jury is at fault. If jury finds her guilty, appeal process is already a done deal.

This is my opinion - that this whole trial was just to appease the public. I don't think there was any real intent to convict Amber Guyger by this Prosecution.

So the darker his skin tone the more reason AG had to kill him...better not type anymore or I risk a TO

Well sadly research shows that's sort of the subconscious attitude in our society. The attitude of EVERYONE regardless of ethnic background. So even black people supposedly view people with darker skin tone a different way.

But I think that won't play out with this jury. And I don't think the state has done anything except to explain what a nice man Bo was and how valuable to society.

I agree with you. It doesn't seem relevant here to me.

He argued to exclude Castle Doctrine AFTER his argement to eliminate the other charges. Not his fault. He had to go in the order of the court record.

It doesn't matter. He knew the Castle Doctrine could be considered. That was a stupid move, IMO. Talk about reckless.

Well I’m not sure it’s the prosecutors fault. It sounds like Texas law made this a forgone conclusion before this case even went to trial. The law says that if she was mistaken she’s justified.

It’s beyond absurd. And I think that’s what rankles the most about this case. If she was a more sympathetic character it’d rankle less. But on top of the absurdity of this law, you have a defendant who comes off like a sociopath.

Sounds like if they believe she entered the wrong apt. by mistake, they can't find her guilty of murder.

Unless they find her mistake wasn't a reasonable one.

Example? She is on the same floor as her own apartment. Her apartment has a flower pot in front of if. Otherwise the apartments are all identical. A maintence person moved her pot in front of the door next to hers. So she entered that one instead.

That's more reasonable.

However, they're not only considering whether entering the wrong apartment was a reasonable mistake. They're also considering whether believing Bo Jean was an intruder and shooting him to death so quickly because she was mistaken that he was a threat, was reasonable.

Her police training requires her to retreat and call for backup if she believes an intruder is in a building and she's alone.

And if she had done that Bo Jean would be alive.

So was it reasonable to depart from her training? She was still in uniform BTW.

Well I’m not sure it’s the prosecutors fault. It sounds like Texas law made this a forgone conclusion before this case even went to trial. The law says that if she was mistaken she’s justified.

It’s beyond absurd. And I think that’s what rankles the most about this case. If she was a more sympathetic character it’d rankle less. But on top of the absurdity of this law, you have a defendant who comes off like a sociopath.

I hear ya. I agree she's probably sociopathic too.

But one thing- the mistake has to be a reasonable one. Hold on to that.

Prosecution closing; "Think about it. He's (Bothum Jean) sitting on his couch eating ice cream. He's not going to throw the ice cream at her!" Fine talking about using deadly force.

The Prosecution now highlights the absurdity of someone breaking into someone else's apartment to watch tv, eat ice cream, and smoke some weed, and rearrange furniture

Prosecutor: She made decision outside the door. She went in commando to kill what was in there.

Found a video of Botham praying with friends. I couldn’t even get through the entire video without bringing it here to share. So timely, given the point we are in this trial.

I live in Dallas. I rarely post and have been lurking in this case. Appreciate reading everyone’s viewpoints.

This is my opinion - that this whole trial was just to appease the public. I don't think there was any real intent to convict Amber Guyger by this Prosecution.

After that move by the state I'm definitely considering your opinion. I hope he does well in closing. He needs to hammer on police protocol proving she wasn't reasonable in making the mistake of entering the wrong apartment and shooting the victim. He needs to make room for a finding of recklessness too, IMO.

Let me know ya'all. I can't watch live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member