GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing I'm not a lawyer or a judge because I just can't see a person that doesn't have legal physical right to a property claiming the castle doctrine for their benefit. All I can see is that she is the intruder even if she doesn't think so. Since when does thinking something make it so? I better not shoot anyone breaking into my house as they might claim they thought it was theirs and get away with shooting me.....
The Castle Doctrine would have been an excellent defense for Jean, had he killed AG. The fact that the court is allowing the intruder to use the doctrine is unconscionable and leads me to believe the fix is in.

I am firmly convinced that AG missed all the clues that she was in the wrong place because she had her face in her phone. My God, she still did instead of helping Mr. Botham!

Eta: fix auto correct

Prosecution closing; "Think about it. He's (Bothum Jean) sitting on his couch eating ice cream. He's not going to throw the ice cream at her!" Fine talking about using deadly force.

The Prosecution now highlights the absurdity of someone breaking into someone else's apartment to watch tv, eat ice cream, and smoke some weed, and rearrange furniture

Prosecutor: She made decision outside the door. She went in commando to kill what was in there.

That last paragraph is a good point.

Prosecutor: You are the voice of the community. Your home is supposed to be your sanctuary. You can't have people coming in and killing homeowners. It can't happen. There have to be consequences

State points out that the bullet that went through the wall could have killed someone outside and THAT may have been manslaughter, but this was murder. She went in there "guns blazing".

jury being instructed on the castle doctrine, mistake of fact, and can consider the lesser-included offenses of manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide.
Hopefully, the jury has the ability to think for themselves and ignore the misdirection.

Yes that is a photo of Mr. Jean and the prosecution placed it there during opening statements. It doesn’t appear to be altered or manipulated,if that’s what you mean. IMO when I watch the live feed, it seems there is an overhead light glaring on it.

Gorgeous man. Look at that beautiful smile.

I think she is going to get manslaughter. I'll be disappointed but I feel that is the way it will go, hopefully I'm wrong.

I didn’t like the prosecutor’s tone. Get Hermus! This guy doesn’t sound convicted himself. He’s conceding there are problems with the state’s case - he told them there’s nothing he can do if they believe it’s recklessness. WTH? What kind of argument is that?

This is my opinion - that this whole trial was just to appease the public. I don't think there was any real intent to convict Amber Guyger by this Prosecution.

This is a very interesting thought, and you may be correct. But she's a former police officer. She was officially not on duty. Not sure there would be any orchestrated attempt on her behalf. But who knows, not too much surprises me anymore.

I didn’t like the prosecutor’s tone. Get Hermus! This guy doesn’t sound convicted himself. He’s conceding there are problems with the state’s case - he told them there’s nothing he can do if they believe it’s recklessness. WTH? What kind of argument is that?

He didn't sound very confident

Found a video of Botham praying with friends. I couldn’t even get through the entire video without bringing it here to share. So timely, given the point we are in this trial.

I live in Dallas. I rarely post and have been lurking in this case. Appreciate reading everyone’s viewpoints.

Aww. Thanks for that.

lol, defense says she is an ordinary prudent person. She's the opposite. What's wrong with this man trying to sell us on what a "prudent" person she is?

prudent definition

wise or judicious in practical affairs; sagacious; discreet or circumspect; sober.
careful in providing for the future; provident:

Prosecutors: The ice cream was still frozen that Botham Jean was eating when Amber Guyger barged into his apartment and shot him dead in his own home

BBM: Jumping off your post here with a question that I just thought about:

Did it come up during the trial the location of the bowl of ice cream that Botham was eating when AG shot him?

I know - it may not matter - but what I am trying to say is did the location of the bowl of ice cream indicate where Botham was when AG shot and killed him?

Thank you.

The Castle Doctrine would have been an excellent defense for Jean, had he killed AG. The fact that the court is allowing the intruder to use the doctrine is unconscionable and leads me to believe the fix is in.

That judge isn't corrupt. I don't believe there's any fix with her. I guess it's just TX law. If she made a reasonable mistake the doctrine would come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail