GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not watch gavel to gavel but did watch most of this. I am going back to watch the instructions. Is that the first time "castle doctrine" was brought up? I really liked judge Tammy throughout the trial and thought maybe she could fashion some instruction language that lay people could understand...but that failed.

(Insert four letter words here) I'm not feeling good about justice.

I still stay manslaughter. Wouldn’t the jury have to find she wasn’t careless to rule NG? Clearly she was careless.

I watched all of the testimony in this trial. I believe the state has proved the charge of murder.

I think Amber's partner cancelled the rendezvous they had planned for that night, and Amber was upset and angry. This would account for the long phone conversation between them and Amber pulling over in the parking garage, before parking, while on the phone. It then set the stage for everything that happened afterward.

In her rage she drove to the wrong floor of the parking garage. (A tenant testified she was driving fast) Amber then missed all the signs she was on the wrong floor and at the wrong apartment.

Her unreasonable belief that there was an intruder in her apartment gave her the chance to vent her build-up rage, IMO.

There is no doubt in my mind that Amber made the decision to shoot Botham Jean before she entered the apartment. IMO, she wanted to go in and shoot the "intruder." I believe she was angry, not scared. I don't believe she shouted any commands.

The self-defense excuse is a further insult to Botham Jean.

If I was a juror on this case, murder would be my vote.

Excellent Post ... and I totally agree!

:)

Poor little exhausted, sexually frustrated, so distracted that she walked into a stranger's apartment and shot him dead professional law enforcement officer. Can't we understand she wasn't paying attention? Until she pulled her gun and then she was totally focused on killing the man in front of her.

It's murder. Anything less is a travesty. I'm not ruling out anything, including mistrial, but it's murder.

My opinion only cause I don't borrow other's opinions

Do we know if jury deliberations times tend to sway one way or another based on how long they deliberate?

Do we know if jury deliberations times tend to sway one way or another based on how long they deliberate?
all sorts of theories on that. with all these questions early on here...clearly they are not all agreeing on anything...most importantly what is meant by the terms...castle doctrine and manslaughter. Without a clear understanding of those terms not sure how a consensus can be achieved and a hung jury is in the picture.

What we know.

-jury is very diverse
-jury is mostly women
-jury is from Dallas County
-jury decided to go home last night after 2 hours of deliberations
-jury sent two notes so far : manslaughter & castle doctrine
-seems to be deliberating quickly.

If you was one of the jurors, why would you deliberate for only a few hours and just go to the hotel and sleep on it?

It also makes me wonder if they pretty much know, maybe double checking to get it right. Coming back in the morning, and possibly to rule out? I don’t know guys

What we know.

-jury is very diverse
-jury is mostly women
-jury is from Dallas County
-jury decided to go home last night after 2 hours of deliberations
-jury sent two notes so far : manslaughter & castle doctrine
-seems to be deliberating quickly.

If you was one of the jurors, why would you deliberate for only a few hours and just go to the hotel and sleep on it?

It also makes me wonder if they pretty much know, maybe double checking to get it right. Coming back in the morning, and possibly to rule out? I don’t know guys
And the light went off yet again but it's not a verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member