GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Cobra Jet, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cortne

Cortne Well-Known Member

Think I'll bake a cake and take it to her!! Welcome to jail Amber!!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  2. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

Maybe her BFF will come visit. She will probably get special treatment and attention. Everyone will say platitudes and tell her it is "political".

No. It is not. I am white and deeply offended by what she posted in Social Media. And LEO should watch what they post.

3. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

But the two didn't have just a professional relationship. Guyger testified that she once had an affair with her married partner, Martin Rivera, one that she later described as "morally wrong."

Yet even after Guyger killed Botham Jean, she found time to text Rivera and even sent sexual messages to him days later, a prosecutor said.

"That's not something that I would want to be reminded of," Rivera said. "And I don't keep messages saved unless it's of an importance to me."
    upload_2019-10-1_16-27-15.jpeg
    Now, activist groups such as Mothers Against Police Brutality and Next Generation Action Network are calling for Rivera to be fired from the Dallas Police Department, CNN affiliate KTVT said.

And any comment on Rivera's future with DPD will have to wait until after the sentencing phase of Guyger's trial, Walton told CNN.
    Martin Rivera: Ex-officer Amber Guyger just got convicted of murder. Here's why some activists want her partner fired - CNN

4. Medstudies

Medstudies Mostly lurking

Why? The texts occurred while she was on the clock. This was how she behaved on duty. It is totally relevant.

That is who she is.

5. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

I hate I have to live with this every single day of my life .......well girlfriend I hate that you killed such a wonderful man that had the rest of his life ahead of him one that actually cared about people, not just out to find someone to shoot at ....I just can't see how she wont get significant time! This girl is making Jodi Arias look mild compared to her !

6. turaj

turaj Well-Known Member

so glad she is going to jail....they are going to really love her there. I honestly don't think that she can say anything to that jury that would make them want to go very low on the # of years!

7. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Tables turned argument again. If it was Bo Jean who walked into the wrong apartment with a loaded gun and shot dead Amber Guyger saying he made a mistake, I highly suspect those wanting to protect her now and claiming that they wouldn't consider such evidence would absolutely consider evidence that Bo Jean made aggressive and anti-white statements. I have a feeling there would be no hand wringing about "inflammatory" or out of context or anything like that.

It would be relevant to me no matter who was the perp. I want to know everything about them when deciding their fate.

8. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

BBM
    They were given those options...
    Also instructions on the Jury having enough reasonable doubt to acquit her:

Judge Tammy Kemp reads jury instructions in Amber Guyger trial

9. Mandos

Mandos Well-Known Member

*Sighs* This is all so terribly banal!

A conservative Texan white girl working in law enforcement displays moderate casual racism and/or cultural insensitivity? Say it ain't so, Joe!

AG made edgy Instagram posts about shooting stuff! Law enforcement is filled with these kind of Dirty Harry wannabe's and that AG wasn't exactly gun-shy was readily apparent just from the facts of the case.

AG once stole a pencil and a brownie! I mean, seriously? If you bring up nonsense like that, might as well bring up the time AG picked her nose and didn't wash her hands afterwards.

AG once smoked weed! Yeah, I bet she did, just like many others in her age group. Heck, considering the jury composition and the city the trial is held in, you might even call it a mitigating fact.

The only evidence/testimonies actually worth a damn so far were those of Botham Jean's family, the rest was all banal nonsense!

10. mojook

mojook Active Member

Thinking about it I was always disgusted with her social media It's really weird on her fixation with killing. I don't know anyone like that.....that's not normal

11. gitana1

It tells you a lot about people that don't edit. IMO. Because most people are smart enough not to post such nasty stuff even if they think it. Those who can't resist are probably thinking and saying much worse that they don't post.

12. mister happy

mister happy Well-Known Member

And this is just the stuff that she forgot to delete! She scrubbed everything else. It's obvious to me that she had a big chip on her little shoulder.

13. wyome

wyome Well-Known Member

No I haven't. So this is an education for sure.

14. gitana1

It's scary to me that people think it's normal or not a big deal if an LE officer "displays moderate, casual racism" or considers posts about shooting people (not "stuff") merely "edgy".

Holy smokes.

15. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

16. Curious21

Curious21 Well-Known Member

And that's "That" part of Texas/Texans that I can't stand...but hey, racism doesn't exist here in good 'ole Dallas Texas!!!!

17. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

I'm going to disagree with you on this. For me the moral compass is interesting here. I have never stolen a thing, or taken illegal drugs, or posted anything remotely racist (or offensive). And it's not my job to uphold law and order either.

18. grammieto5

grammieto5 Well-Known Member

All I can think of is Orange is the New Black.

19. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

proud to say I don't ever need to edit anything SM because most of us don't think that way!!

20. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

BBM. That is indicative of a workplace that is in dire need of pluralism training. It's not just a reflection of AG's character but also that of her coworkers and I'm alarmed by it. Pluralism was a requirement at my corporate workplace nearly 40 years ago when there were affirmative action quotas in place. There must be mutual respect between coworkers whether it be about race, religion or gender. I'd really like to know how AG flunked a poly yet she got the job. This case has more layers to peel.

JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.