GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tell you one thing, if I lived in TX, which Thank God I don't....I would Never leave my door open or unlocked while I was home, even for a minute. To keep myself safe from the Police.
I do live in Texas. I once was pulled over in my neighborhood via a felony stop - i.e. multiple cars and guns drawn. The infraction? An expired inspection sticker.

I suspect they thought my vehicle was someone else they had been looking for. But I shudder to think what would have happened if I weren't a small, middle-aged, white woman. I didn't receive any apologies for unholstering their weapons on me either, which pissed me off to no end. It was just like normal to them.

The issue in all of these outrageous police cases seems to be the poor training we are giving our officers.

Last edited:
Did y’all see this?! Ft. Worth PD shot and killed a black woman in her own home at 2am.
Texas police officer shoots woman to death inside her home

Ft. Worth and Dallas are merged so it’s almost the same PD...I can’t really find any more words.

ETA: thread link TX - Atatiana Jefferson, fatally shot by police through her window, bodycam, Fort Worth, 12 Oct 2019

Poor Atatiana. Just watching her nephew. I can't find any words, either. It was likely not a racially motivated shooting, but how bad can the training of Texas policemen be? I feel sorry for the neighbor that called the police.

I do live in Texas. I once was pulled over in my neighborhood via a felony stop - i.e. multiple cars and guns drawn. The infraction? An expired inspection sticker.

I suspect they thought my vehicle was someone else they had been looking for. But I shudder to think what would have happened if I weren't a small, middle-aged, white woman. I didn't receive any apologies for unholstering their weapons on me either, which pissed me off to no end. It was just like normal to them.

The issue in all of these outrageous police cases seems to be the poor training we are giving our officers.

I think it is fear and somehow, the training makes the fear worse. Many of these cases are truly fear-based. Nighttime shootings are often related to problems with perception. The old case in Chicago is where the tables are turned. The area is upscale, the woman, white, and the officer who shot her, a Somalian. The result, the same, an innocent person is shot. ( The woman actually was a Good Samaritan who called the police. She made one fatal mistake. She approached the police car when they arrived. She was Australian; cultural difference. The police took her for the criminal and shot her.)

Police officer gives account after partner fatally shoots Australian woman

the words of the policeman’s lawyer, “he acted as he had been trained”, are telling.

Do we have a thread about her?

Because it is quite a case...

I think it is fear and somehow, the training makes the fear worse. Many of these cases are truly fear-based. Nighttime shootings are often related to problems with perception. The old case in Chicago is where the tables are turned. The area is upscale, the woman, white, and the officer who shot her, a Somalian. The result, the same, an innocent person is shot. ( The woman actually was a Good Samaritan who called the police. She made one fatal mistake. She approached the police car when they arrived. She was Australian; cultural difference. The police took her for the criminal and shot her.)

Police officer gives account after partner fatally shoots Australian woman

the words of the policeman’s lawyer, “he acted as he had been trained”, are telling.
This shooting of Justine Damond took place in Minneapolis not Chicago....another example of why not to call the police.

Ain't that the truth. The less interaction I have with LEO, the better. Makes me wonder, if I should ever call the police.

There have been a few times when I might have called but chose not to. Out of fear the situation would be escalated by LE. Worry that I would have the guilt that my call started it on my shoulders forever. So I don’t call.

Visiting judge rules #AmberGuyger murder trial judge Tammy Kemp can't preside over Dallas County DA John Creuzot's contempt of court hearing. Kemp's visceral reaction during trial to his giving a TV interview in defiance of her gag order had gone viral
@CourthouseNews

Well anyone want to make me a bet ?
Amber will do 2 -3 years ,
Botham will still be gone :(
and the DPD will not improve any corruption at ALL. and we wont hear a peep until she walks .

Court tv all this week has replayed the AG trial....I hate that little-girl -poor-me voice she used on the stand. Why has the partner b/f officer not been charged with destroying evidence?! Is he still married? AG said she “ended the affair after a year because it was morally wrong” . Seriously, seeing that a second time was hurl worthy.
Plus she was back sexting him as Bo’s parents were planning the funeral!

MOO

She called into 911 identifying herself as a “police officer”...not once saying I’m an “off duty police officer”...of course then there is the special treatment she got down in the squad car...camera turned off...private convo with her officer boss...got to hug all her fellow officers. During the entire trial the defense and the prosecution always referred to her as a “Dallas Police Officer.” She killed him with her work fire arm...she was in her uniform ...strapped with all her gear.
Apparently, when she was in the fight for her life she plugged into her -police officer stance- and no one ever showed up from the Dallas Police Dept to court to say she could not.

JM observe

Court tv all this week has replayed the AG trial....I hate that little-girl -poor-me voice she used on the stand. Why has the partner b/f officer not been charged with destroying evidence?! Is he still married? AG said she “ended the affair after a year because it was morally wrong” . Seriously, seeing that a second time was hurl worthy.
Plus she was back sexting him as Bo’s parents were planning the funeral!

MOO
I'm just disgusted with the judge hugging her narcissist little self ....who TF does that !!! I have no doubt she really was scared for herself but SO WHAT stop shooting people! yes very hurlworthy!!!!

I'm just disgusted with the judge hugging her narcissist little self ....who TF does that !!! I have no doubt she really was scared for herself but SO WHAT stop shooting people! yes very hurlworthy!!!!

Do you consider it disgusting and hurlworthy that his Brother also hugged her?

Do you consider it disgusting and hurlworthy that his Brother also hugged her?
That was for himself ,not her and personally I wouldn't have and if I were the judge I would not have let him , too much liability for a few seconds I thought he was going to snap her neck (that would have been Karma in my book JMO)

She called into 911 identifying herself as a “police officer”...not once saying I’m an “off duty police officer”...of course then there is the special treatment she got down in the squad car...camera turned off...private convo with her officer boss...got to hug all her fellow officers. During the entire trial the defense and the prosecution always referred to her as a “Dallas Police Officer.” She killed him with her work fire arm...she was in her uniform ...strapped with all her gear.
Apparently, when she was in the fight for her life she plugged into her -police officer stance- and no one ever showed up from the Dallas Police Dept to court to say she could not.

JM observe

Bingo And Mike Matta stood right with her !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong