Identified! Tx - Galveston, Hispmale 'little Jacob' Up17178, 3-5, Jayden Alexander Lopez, Oct'17 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by wfgodot, Oct 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bohemian

Bohemian Well-Known Member

Thanks met. I meant could he have gone into the water from land as late as the morning of the 20th (when the high tide was going out)?

2. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Sorry if I'm slow here but the title of this thread now says "floating near beach" (or did it always say that? But per NCMEC, he was "found washed up on the beach." Do we know for sure which one it is? I may have missed the confirmation.

3. Bohemian

YouÂ’re right about the onshore SE wind:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Source:

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

4. Bohemian

Confusing isn’t it? I’d say the NamUs Case Report (below) is the more accurate as details are from ME/LE AFAIK.

‘Case Report - NamUs UP # 17178

Date last modified
    November 01, 2017 10:43

Circumstances

This child was found floating in the Gulf of Mexico about 60 feet from shore in the 715 Blk.of Seawall Blv. In Galveston Texas on 10/20/17 at about 5:43 PM.’

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/17178

5. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Thanks Bohemian, it is. Desperate for a presser now, times ticking and the information is becoming more and more confusing.

6. Bohemian

Yes, me too AP. It’s about 9:30pm here so that means it’s 5:30am in TX. I hope there’ll be some news when I wake up tomorrow.

7. Lyssav

Lyssav Active Member

8. Bohemian

9. KaylaraOwl

KaylaraOwl Well-Known Member

Got a message from Namus yesterday that said his profile changed. Looks like they just started processing his DNA sample.

10. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Perfect! Thanks, Kaylara. We'll sit and wait then :)

11. KaylaraOwl

I've been l looking at Mexican missing persons groups on Twitter, and found this little boy who went missing just a few days before our Toddler Doe was found. https://twitter.com/FiscalEdomex/status/926229748547751937

12. Vedder

Vedder John 3:16

Exactly. He's no angel but I don't believe for one minute that he should have been convicted. It still blows my mind that he was convicted on her word. She's a monster.

13. Bohemian

Thank you for keeping an eye out for missing children, Kaylara. That little guy is too tall unfortunately. Our Baby Doe has been measured at just 1 metre. I hope Alexander is reunited with his family soon.

14. KaylaraOwl

I'll keep looking around and post any possible cases I find. I shared the Spanish version of the NCMEC flier with Alameda who has groups in every area of Mexico and focuses on missing people down there, and also with Missing BC who shares Mexican cases. I'm hoping we can get his name back. It doesn't seem likely that he's been reported missing in the US at least. :(

15. Bohemian

Thank you Kaylara. I agree, and it’s not likely he’ll ever be reported as missing in the US. Unless he was reported years ago and LE is now investigating those missing children’s cases.

16. Bohemian

Thanks for letting us know, Kaylara. At least if they have our little guy’s mt and Y-DNA haplotypes it may be possible to find a match with extended family.

17. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

totally with you on this whole thing.

18. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

Another confusing thing for me is the reported location of the body. The opening post quotes his body as being found "near the 700 block of Seawall" and "near 7th and Seawall":

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-near-beach-Oct-17&p=13706031#post13706031

The NamUs report states the "715" block (which is likely a typo as these usually end in zeroes). But the confusion for me is that NO 700-block locations appear to also be at Stewart Beach, which also has been consistently reported as the location of the body.

If you go by Bing maps, 700-block addresses (and 7th St) appear to be at Porretto Beach. Stewart Beach appears northeast of 7th St.--the beach's southern end roughly lining up with 5th St. (See green area on map.)

So (help me, locals), is Bing maps wrong, or have the boundary lines perhaps been redrawn between the beaches? In any case, it seems to me that if this little boy was found "near the 700-block" wouldn't it also be true (if at Stewart Beach) that he was found "nearer" to (or in) a more northerly block of Seawall (eg. 500- to 600-block)? If so, why not say that? A minor quibble, I guess, but I don't like to be confused *before* having my coffee in the morning. :eek:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

RSBM.

LOL. Neither do I. :coffeews:

It seems there are a few inconsistencies with this little guy.

Calling Lyssav on this one :)

20. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

When the tide is coming in, objects (including bodies) will get pushed up onto the beach, rolled around, then pulled back out, and then back in, repeat until the tide goes out and either leaves the item on the sand or carries it out to sea again.

So you could call it floating near the beach, or washed up, or on the beach, and they're all more or less accurate. I think one of the early reports said he was in the surf.

I think that's also why the variation in reported address. If his poor little body was being moved around like that, it could have been near Stewart Beach when it was first seen and down nearer the 700 block when he was finally recovered.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.