Identified! Tx - Galveston, Hispmale 'little Jacob' Up17178, 3-5, Jayden Alexander Lopez, Oct'17 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bringing this little ones face back up in the thread again as I had to go through quite a few pages to find it.

Is there anyway his sketch can be added to the first post of his thread?

attachment.php

Anyone more techy/familiar with websleuths know why pictures I post are not visible several hours later? :thinking:

Does anyone in the area know if there is a lot of TV and media appeals for someone who knew this little guy?

I was thinking that a lot of people in Galveston or Texas might feel that he's probably washed in from somewhere further afield, maybe from one of the hurricane affected islands, and so maybe they'd be more likely to feel a little more separated from the case and less likely to look around them and think on whether a child they know slightly hasn't been seen around recently. So I'm interested in how it's being presented in the media there and whether it's being presented as something that happened on the beach or if it's presented more like Bella's appeals were that seemed to me (as an outsider and foreigner) to be appealing directly to the whole local-ish community for assistance in getting an ID.

There really isn't a lot of media attention for this little guy - breaks my heart. Every other news report is about the Astros playing in the World Series, like there aren't more important things to report about.

As for what islanders think..most of us believe he was disposed of here, some believe that he could've fallen off of a vessel at sea, and the hurricane victim idea is out just because the postmortem interval before discovery was 1 day.

It's hard to believe that someone isn't missing this baby, or know that they should be missing him - this little guy definitely needs more attention from the media.

I know :( It's just horrible to see it.

RSBM

I know. My heart sank when I first noticed that lone star too. Keep your spirits up. Our little Galveston guy has plenty of people on WS and in the local community who have taken him into their hearts. He is loved.

"Identification Potential - Low" :(
I don't think that's correct. I think they just forgot to enter it. With an identifiable face and dentals and soon DNA, the odds are pretty good. "Low" is usually for things like old fragmented skeletal remains.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Does anyone in the area know if there is a lot of TV and media appeals for someone who knew this little guy?

I was thinking that a lot of people in Galveston or Texas might feel that he's probably washed in from somewhere further afield, maybe from one of the hurricane affected islands, and so maybe they'd be more likely to feel a little more separated from the case and less likely to look around them and think on whether a child they know slightly hasn't been seen around recently. So I'm interested in how it's being presented in the media there and whether it's being presented as something that happened on the beach or if it's presented more like Bella's appeals were that seemed to me (as an outsider and foreigner) to be appealing directly to the whole local-ish community for assistance in getting an ID.

There really isn't a lot of media attention for this little guy - breaks my heart. Every other news report is about the Astros playing in the World Series, like there aren't more important things to report about.

As for what islanders think..most of us believe he was disposed of here, some believe that he could've fallen off of a vessel at sea, and the hurricane victim idea is out just because the postmortem interval before discovery was 1 day.

It's hard to believe that someone isn't missing this baby, or know that they should be missing him - this little guy definitely needs more attention from the media.

BBM.

The lack of media exposure may be because of the dearth of information about this little guy during the past couple of weeks. It seems as if LE is playing their cards close to their chest. I haven’t seen even a slow trickle of information — just the initial statement from Capt. Schirard doing the rounds. Hopefully, this lttle guy will be in MSM again once the lead investigator/ME holds a presser.

Maybe we could brainstorm a few ideas to gain more exposure for this little guy’s story. I wonder if there’s an investigative journalist in Houston/Galveston or greater TX, whose special interest is in CPS and missing and/or murdered children, that could be contacted for this little guy and other victims? Alternatively, a local group could rally the community to, say, fund a headstone for him?

’Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.’ ~Margaret Mead

‘As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person.’ ~Paul Shane Spear

Is there a local or Greater Texan WSer who also uses FB? Maybe something like a ‘Justice for Galveston Baby Doe’ group (page?) could help spread awareness in the community?

This is a picture from a beachside surfcam .
Thanks to bohemian for finding it .

Strangely there is one day , (the 19th) *missing !
Remarkably it seems that the conditions are rather fine up until the 20th , then that day looks the worst , with onshore wind stronger than the previous days .
( excluding the *missing 19th )

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...ource=48&refid=13&ref=page_internal&__tn__=+=
18cc0b6120791215982bbf0e22231e55.jpg

I don't think that's correct. I think they just forgot to enter it. With an identifiable face and dentals and soon DNA, the odds are pretty good. "Low" is usually for things like old fragmented skeletal remains.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I once asked a Namus Regional Administrator about the 5 Star Profile Strength and how it's assigned. I was told that the profile strength is system assigned and depends on the amount and quality of the information entered. I subsequently found this same information in a FAQ document on the Namus website (link: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/homes/faq. However, it seems to apply to Missing Persons profiles. That same information is not associated with the UP database (link: https://identifyus.org/en/home/faq. It seems logical that the two systems work in a similar manner.

I once asked a Namus Regional Administrator about the 5 Star Profile Strength and how it's assigned. I was told that the profile strength is system assigned and depends on the amount and quality of the information entered. I subsequently found this same information in a FAQ document on the Namus website (link: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/homes/faq. However, it seems to apply to Missing Persons profiles. That same information is not associated with the UP database (link: https://identifyus.org/en/home/faq. It seems logical that the two systems work in a similar manner.

I found this:

‘The 5 Star Identification Potential Scale

The 5 Star Identification Potential Scale ranks an unidentified persons case in terms of the amount of potentially useful information the case record contains. The UP system automatically assigns the star rating based on data the case owner enters. In essence, the number of stars increases as the case information becomes more useful for possible identification of the deceased. On initial entry, all cases show 5 stars that are not colored in. As the amount of useful information increases, the number of yellow stars increases from 1 to 5. In general, the rating system is:

1 Star: The case information includes a case number, the date the body or body part was found, the county and state where the body or body part was found and the condition of the body. Entries are also required for the estimated age group, race, sex, weight and height, but these entries may be listed as “unsure” or “cannot estimate.”’

https://identifyus.org/help/5StarScale.pdf

From NAMUS’ UID Persons Database ‘Help’ menu:

https://identifyus.org/en/home/help

This report differs by saying floating here.
I wonder if the boy was floating ?

If floating, then we could assume that the current from the east to the west delivered the boy to the beach where eventually found . (*Westward current )

"This child was found floating in the Gulf of Mexico about 60 feet from shore in the 715 Block of Seawall Boulevard in Galveston Texas on 10/20/17 at about 5:43 PM"’

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/17178

This says washed up ...
"GALVESTON, Texas- Police continue to search for answers, more than a week after the body of a young boy washed up on Stewart Beach."

http://www.13wmaz.com/mobile/articl...eads-after-boys-body-found-on-beach/487064583

"On Friday, 20th of October of 2017, the sun rose in Galveston Pleasure Pier at 7:24am and sunset was at 6:43pm.

In the high tide and low tide chart, we can see that the first high tide was at 3:50 am and the next high tide at 5:26 pm.

The first low tide was at 10:11am and the next low tide at 11:37pm."

http://www.tides4fishing.com/u.../texas/galveston-pleasure-pier

High tide 5.26 pm ,
Found at 5.43pm was it ?

"Galveston police investigators say somebody walking down the beach found the body around 5:35 p.m. Friday near 7th and Seawall. The passerby spotted the body in the surf in an area that is not heavily trafficked."

"The body of the little boy was found in the surf around 5:30 p.m. Friday by someone walking along the beach at 7th and Seawall." Link below

http://www.khou.com/mobile/article/...y-found-dead-on-galveston-beach/285-484922337

5:43pm here , so basically right around the high tide suppose .
"This child was found floating in the Gulf of Mexico about 60 feet from shore in the 715 Block of Seawall Boulevard in Galveston Texas on 10/20/17 at about 5:43 PM."
His UID Case Report (entered by the ME or investigator):
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/17178

"The heights were 2.0 ft, 0.6 ft, 2.4 ft
and 1.6 ft referenced to Mean Lower Low Water (MLLW)."

Tide was predicted to be 2.4ft ,
around the time the boy was found .
e9c492171ac15b927fcd8da812bbe8d9.jpg

http://www.tides4fishing.com/us/texas/galveston-pleasure-pier

It was the highest tide of the 2 highs that day .
The graph is from midnight to midnight of the 20th .
The afternoon high tide was the bigger of the cycle .
Water coming up the beach further than it had been for 25+ hrs ,
since the afternoon of the 19th 4.37pm presumably.
Picture below is the 19th tide graph
b7c30b8e69b14afe044e9daa1d34f7aa.jpg

All the signs indicate that the boy came in to the shore with the tide , wind and current combination .
That is not unusual at all for things to wash into shore , right at this time.
Jmo

Thanks bohemian for finding these pictures .
You can see the sea is rougher on the 20th with onshore winds .

From the 61st Pier:
19/10
https://www.flickr.com/photos/61stpier/37777086321/

20/10
https://www.flickr.com/photos/61stpier/37537835010/

Circled (from a previously posted picture)
"Building south east windswell"
31cd80006b91a98de89e0dd8ce72f63a.jpg

No presser from the ME/LE today TX time? I wake up every morning hoping there’s been some (overnight) news about our little guy.

All the signs indicate that the boy came in to the shore with the tide , wind and current combination .
That is not unusual at all for things to wash into shore , right at this time.
Jmo

RSBM.

Thanks met.

Without making too much of a fool of myself, what would your interpretation of the data be?

Do you think this little boy went into the Gulf from the shore east of the 715 block on Seawall Blvd? Or is it still possible that he could have originated from a seagoing vessel?

His estimated time of immersion (t) is approximately 24 hours. So, if into the Gulf from the shore could that event have occurred as late as the time that the first high tide was receding and before sunrise on the 20th, ie, 3:49am and 7:24am?

Is it possible to discover the speed (s) of the current? If so, we could estimate the distance travelled (d).

I don’t know how to thank you for coming onboard to help this little guy. He really tugs at my heartstrings.

Between the trial for Bella and that "mother" getting away with murder, and the mistrial and lack of justice for Jessica Chambers, my faith in the justice system is lacking big time.

For me it was him being convicted based only on her word... which the evidence didn't match... and because of the last minute adding of lesser charges... which shouldn't have been allowed in the first place.

It's terrifying you can be convicted of killing a child when her mother with a history of losing kids says you did it. I know he wasn't a saint but he's doing a life sentence he doesn't deserve. It makes me sick.

It'd be similar to if Casey had claimed one of her boyfriends killed Caylee... and he was convicted. It just shouldn't be possible to put someone in prison for life on a known liars word. :twocents:

I realize that by being more cautious more people will get away with crimes. However it isn't better to have innocent people incarcerated for crimes they didn't commit. Even if they are ultimately acquitted they are losing years of their lives, families, careers... which can never be regained. There's got to be a better way.

Thanks met.

Without making too much of a fool of myself, what would your interpretation of the data be?

Do you think this little boy went into the Gulf from the shore east of the 715 block on Seawall Blvd? Or is it still possible that he could have originated from a seagoing vessel?

His estimated time of immersion (t) is approximately 24 hours. So, if into the Gulf from the shore could that event have occurred as late as the time that the first high tide was receding and before sunrise on the 20th, ie, 3:49am and 7:24am?

Is it possible to discover the speed (s) of the current? If so, we could estimate the distance travelled (d).

I don’t know how to thank you for coming onboard to help this little guy. He really tugs at my heartstrings.

Thanks Bo , if its only 24hrs our boy was in the ocean, then i dont think the body moved very far .
The current may have been responsible for a few kilometres movement but i doubt it would be far .( I will go and see if theres more information about that ?)
With a southeast wind blowing (on 20th) im thinking that means that the body was blown into shore from the ocean, not land .

Bo im a little bit confused about this question so skipped it for now .

Quote :"His estimated time of immersion (t) is approximately 24 hours.
So, if into the Gulf from the shore could that event have occurred as late as the time that the first high tide was receding and before sunrise on the 20th, ie, 3:49am and 7:24am?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member