GUILTY TX - Gerren Isgrigg, 6, disabled, left to die in Wylie park, 12 April 2010

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by fhc, Apr 15, 2010.

1. RubyRed

RubyRed "Keep on Truckin"

2. RubyRed

RubyRed "Keep on Truckin"

Case of unidentified boy in Wylie not unique

Cases like that of boy found in Wylie confound authorities

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/042210dnmetbodyfound.3fdc587.html

ETA: there is an Illinois case in the link that will break your heart as well. ( scroll down)

3. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Ruby Red, thanks for the link.

I know Illinois detectives had been in contact with detectives who identified Jose, the little boy who went UID'd in Houston for almost 5 years.

I am still perplexed there is no information whether or not any spanish media is aware of this Wylie john doe.

The UID in IL is believed to be of native aboriginal decent. If you read the full thread, now merged, you will be amazed at the steps DuPage has taken to identify this boy... I'm in DuPage myself so that is one close to my heart.

4. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

5. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

This is the name of the station/show which aired Jose's story leading to his identification after 5 years.

Univision's Aquí Y Ahora newsmagazine program.

This little boy REALLY needs hispanic media attention!
    Has anyone found any?

6. PassTheMotrin

PassTheMotrin New Member

7. burbqueen

burbqueen New Member

Hi cubby! I've watched Spanish news since I've been in the hospital and when I watched I didn't see the story. I've watched the past 3 days. I know that the baptist church in Wylie is getting the word out to everyone by flyers, but I don't know if they are in Spanish too.

8. NewMommy09

NewMommy09 Well-Known Member

momtective,
    Do you know if these supplies would be completely free with medicaid, or if the caregivers would have to pay a portion of it?

I'm just thinking if the supplies are free, they might continue to order them for awhile since it wouldn't raise any flags or cost them any money. If they had to pay anything at all, they would be more likely to stop ordering supplies. KWIM?

I'm also not completely sure this child was being seen by a caregiver or tutor/teacher etc. regularly. If it was his parents/caregivers that dumped him there, I just can't see that they would have had his best interests in mind.
    I pray like most everyone here that this little boy died of natural causes rather than having been killed or dying because of neglect. But if he died of natural causes, it just doesn't make much sense for someone to just dump him there, JMO.

9. Texas Mist

Texas Mist Retired WS Staff

Hundreds attend vigil for unidentified boy found dead in Wylie

06:45 AM CDT on Friday, April 23, 2010
    By VALERIE WIGGLESWORTH / The Dallas Morning News
    vwigglesworth@dallasnews.com

WYLIE – Strangers came by the hundreds Thursday night to mourn a little boy none of them knew.

They lit a candle, said a prayer and all asked the same question: Who is this boy whose body was abandoned a week ago near a Collin County pond?

Wylie police and the Collin County Child Abuse Task Force are working around the clock with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to try to identify him.

Dan Powers, clinical director for the Children's Advocacy Center of Collin County, said he hopes someone will come forward so this child and this community can be at peace.

more here

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ws/stories/042310dnmetwylievigil.3e6649a.html

10. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

It's hard to believe that there is still no ID for the innocent little boy.

11. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Thanks! I was able to reach the WS member who was in contact with Houston to make her aware of this story, (she's not been around much do to being too busy with real life stuff). She will contact the detective in Houston she worked with regarding Jose... and make sure both he and Wylie are in contact.

I knew right away this needs to be on spanish media. I thought, no no no no! We can't not learn from what took 5 years before..... At least not regarding the need for immediate spanish media.

I will keep everyone posted as I get info.

thanks!

12. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Yes, with medicaid the supplies are paid for in full by the medicaid, so there would be no out of pocket expenses for the family. I think you are correct that the family may continue to receive the supplies as to not raise any suspicion. I just cannot believe this baby has not yet been identified.:furious:

13. Button

Button New Member

Her daughter isn't fed directly from the feeding tube all the time. She eats solids, but it isn't enough so they put Pedialite* in the tube. My cousin is seen by doctors and such because she has seizures and it's to keep that under control. With the g-tube she doesn't have to go unless it becomes infected or something like that.

Most kids wouldn't just have a feeding tube without other health problems that need to be monitored by health care workers. IMO

14. kgeaux

kgeaux New Member

It is so very sad to realize this child still hasn't been identified. How can no one in the area recognize his little face?

15. TCMom

TCMom Member

They identified him!!!! Praise the lord! I'm on my phone so I can't link to it, but his name is Gerren Joseph Isgrigg (sp?). They have several persons of interest!

16. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

17. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

another link! Not a whole lot other than the tip which led to his identity came in through NCMEC.

Police said Friday night that they have identified "Wylie’s Angel," the boy whose abandoned body was found April 15 near Lavon Lake, as 6-year-old Gerren Joseph Isgrigg. A tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children led to Gerren’s identification.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...stories/042410dnmetwyliesangel.27903b5a7.html

18. fhc

fhc New Member

On local news, NBC5 & CBS11 broadcasts, they are saying that the 'caregiver' has been 'hunkered down' for 8 days, not going out but did not go on the run. LE knows who this 'caregiver' is.

19. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Thanks FHC.

I am just so happy he has his name and LE knows who his caregiver is....

his name is probably pronounced with a hard G like Garick, but we have a lot of J names in our family and I like the name spelled but pronounced with the J sound. Soundex: Jerren or Gerren? I would like to know.. because we should know how is name was pronounced.

Either way, it is a beautiful name!

20. TxBecca

TxBecca New Member

On WFAA ABC (8) he pronounced it with a J, like Jerren. I'm not sure if they know for sure how it was supposed to be pronounced or if they just went with it.

I agree, it is a beautiful name and I'm so glad that he has his name back.

They're also awaiting a press conference any minute now.