GUILTY TX - Girl, 14, charged in death of newborn at Baytown school, 2 April 2008

I completely understand the pill and all the other birthcontrol issues I had problems myself with them ( I switched several times, then quit) but there are too many issues related with what this girl and other girls like her. ( I read on my death space about a woman who shot herself in the stomach and killed her fullterm fetus,no trail will come of it either http://mydeathspace.com/article/200...s_9_months_pregnant,_killing_her_unborn_child)Age I don't even think really matters it's to many times of the kid hearing all the negative things like if you get pregnant and it carries over. I am just saying I'd rather do that then never have grandkids and only seeing my kid behind bars for the rest of her life. It's just basically teaching kids to be responsible about their bodies and actions.
:eek: how old is your daughter!?

She will be 16 this month, looks older, dresses like I do (concert T shirts/jeans, nothing showing) and is healthy as a horse. She's gifted and into computers, very on track for her career oriented self. I feel like she'll wait until she's 35 to have a kid - but I kind of hope I'm helping her raise one at 20 or so. :) I have no fear of her going to jail. I've had prison pen pals for years and she knows all about them and how they got there and what it's like. Certainly it's no place she wants to go!

If I could, I'd have another one for myself. :)

She will be 16 this month, looks older, dresses like I do (concert T shirts/jeans, nothing showing) and is healthy as a horse. She's gifted and into computers, very on track for her career oriented self. I feel like she'll wait until she's 35 to have a kid - but I kind of hope I'm helping her raise one at 20 or so. :) I have no fear of her going to jail. I've had prison pen pals for years and she knows all about them and how they got there and what it's like. Certainly it's no place she wants to go!

If I could, I'd have another one for myself. :)
sounds like you are a good mom with a great kid.
To be honest I'd have another one too.

BAYTOWN, Texas — A 14-year-old girl who secretly gave birth in a school bathroom was charged with capital murder Thursday by police, who said she killed the newborn by choking and flushing him in the toilet.
The girl was charged as a juvenile; Baytown police Capt. Roger Clifford said prosecutors will decide whether to certify her as an adult. She cannot be executed if convicted because of her age.
The girl gave birth April 2 in a bathroom at Cedar Bayou Junior High. Police said she stuffed toilet paper in the infant's throat and submerged him in a toilet. An autopsy confirmed the baby was alive and cried before his mother tried to flush him, police Lt. Eric Freed said.
"We have had enough evidence to determine that this action was done intentionally and knowingly," Clifford said. "That means beyond a reasonable doubt in our mind and in mind of the district attorney's office and in mind of the medical examiner's office, that this was not an accident."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,372469,00.html

Her actions were deliberate. She needs to recieve the maximum sentence for her crime. She knew damned well that stuffing the TP in the babies throat...not his mouth but his throat, would choke him and then followed up with a flush. I am disgusted:furious:

Oh Bakerprune, there's no words.:(

You are the not the only one who is disgusted Baker. You can count me in:mad:

It is such a shame. Someone out there would surely have given this baby boy a good home with lots of love.

http://www.robynsnest.com/statesafehaven.htm#tx

How can we get these teenagers informed about the safe haven laws? They can safely drop off their infants without any penalty. This is such a great solution- we need to get these moms informed!

I would say (dodging flames here) that this should be incorperated in the educational system. Although I can see many parents challenging that. But if they aren't educating their kids, then somebody has to. This girls actions to me were cruel and diliberate. She knew that she would take the life of that baby, with her TWO attempts to kill him.

How can we get these teenagers informed about the safe haven laws? They can safely drop off their infants without any penalty. This is such a great solution- we need to get these moms informed!

In every single Junior High and High school there should be posters up in the bathrooms and office.

This girl knew killing the baby was wrong, she shoved toilet paper down the babies throat to get it to shut up.
Same should be done to her.

I hope she spends a very long time in prison. I feel no sympathy for this monster.

In every single Junior High and High school there should be posters up in the bathrooms and office.

This girl knew killing the baby was wrong, she shoved toilet paper down the babies throat to get it to shut up.
Same should be done to her.

I hope she spends a very long time in prison. I feel no sympathy for this
monster.

Agreed
Agreed
and Agreed

I would say (dodging flames here) that this should be incorperated in the educational system. Although I can see many parents challenging that. But if they aren't educating their kids, then somebody has to. This girls actions to me were cruel and diliberate. She knew that she would take the life of that baby, with her TWO attempts to kill him.

YES! I am so disgusted with this dreamworld idea that not talking about sex and ONLY teaching abstinence as THE form of birth control. Get real people. Teens need to be informed as to what their options are, where to obtain birth control if they are too embarrassed to talk to their parents and what to do if they get in a situation like this. A lot of these services are not utilized because teens do not know about them. Sex and sexuality is a huge part of being a teenager and to pretend that it isn't an issue and shouldn't be addressed it just ignorant and irresponsible. You end up with situations like this girl who is 14, no doubt scared to death, did not know where to turn for help, gave birth alone in a bathroom and then murdered her baby.

That poor little baby. See this is why I am torn about how to handle my girls, I cant tell them I would support them if they got pregnant because then I feel like I would be telling them its ok but then again I dont want them to think they had to do something like this to hide it from me because of fear either. What this girl did is just horrible, and she should get punished to the fullest extent.

I'm sorry, but I just don't think this is an education issue. It is a morality issue and a parenting issue.

I don't care if you think babies fall from the sky, my 8yo wouldn't stuff paper in a baby DOLL's throat and choke it, much less a real newborn!!! A teenager who would do such a thing has way bigger problems than not being educated about sex and where babies come from. She has some serious mental deficiencies - maybe she is a sociopath?

You can teach kids all the facts in the world, but until you teach them respect for human life and empathy for other living things, it doesn't matter what they know. Unfortunately for this world, we are raising more and more kids who care nothing for anyone but themselves and don't want to face the consequences of their own behavior. Those people used to be rare, but they are becoming more common by the day. It is sickening.

That poor little baby. See this is why I am torn about how to handle my girls, I cant tell them I would support them if they got pregnant because then I feel like I would be telling them its ok but then again I dont want them to think they had to do something like this to hide it from me because of fear either. What this girl did is just horrible, and she should get punished to the fullest extent.

Might as well tell your daughters exactly what you just told us.

The same with drinking and driving. I told my daughter I'd much prefer to be disappointed in her for drinking and me having to go pick her up at 3am than for me to have to identify her body at 4am because she didn't want to call me.

If you will support your babies for making a mistake, tell them so. That's my stand. If they know you wouldn't approve but wouldn't disown them, that's being a Mom they can understand. No guessing. No head games. Just the facts.

Might as well tell your daughters exactly what you just told us.

The same with drinking and driving. I told my daughter I'd much prefer to be disappointed in her for drinking and me having to go pick her up at 3am than for me to have to identify her body at 4am because she didn't want to call me.

If you will support your babies for making a mistake, tell them so. That's my stand. If they know you wouldn't approve but wouldn't disown them, that's being a Mom they can understand. No guessing. No head games. Just the facts.

You are right, they are still really little so I have a little while before I have to talk about that. I dont blame this girls education or her fear I blame her completely. She didnt just have the baby, freak out and leave it, she straight up killed it. That is never excusable.

You are right, they are still really little so I have a little while before I have to talk about that. I dont blame this girls education or her fear I blame her completely. She didnt just have the baby, freak out and leave it, she straight up killed it. That is never excusable.

Yep. There is not excuse, it's unfortunate that she can't get the DP for her crime, IMO.

Yes or most simply condoms. That's weird in France we don't have so many youths getting pregnant, the age of the first relation is also older, I guess it's cultural. But geesh they're not in Nigeria, can't they put condoms???!!!

it seems to me that so many parents delude theirselves in to believing their child won't become sexually active. As a parent I had to make a choice and be responsible for my child while I don't condone sex at a young age I am not going to lie to myself and think it won't happen.
Preventing the pregnancy would have prevented her from becoming a murderer.Teaching all the facts to this child would have prevented several tragedies from happening and more then teaching would have prevented it I would hope.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back