TX - Gunman in Hijacked Mail Truck, multiple victims, Midland/Odessa, 31 August 2019

Morales said that two, or perhaps three, gunmen took aim at motorists traveling on Interstate 20 and Highway 191 — a common connector between the two cities. Though a suspect has been shot and killed and police said there is no longer an active shooter situation, police are still looking at more potential suspects.
5 dead, 21 injured in West Texas shootings on Saturday

Has it been said what the shooter was driving originally?

It's very common for those in this area to have rifle racks in their trucks by both men, and women.

They put their hunting rifles in the racks mounted across the inside back windshield.

Many keep them in their trucks in case they need them for hunting seasons or when working on farms to shoot varmints who harm farm animals or to kill snakes.

Imoo

Last edited:
Evidently TX has a problem with the mentally ill killing people.

Yeah. I mean, he was driving around with a semi-automatic rifle (apparently), and a large number of rounds.

I doubt he just happened to have that on him.

Perhaps he told someone what he was about to do, and this person notified law enforcement.
He may also have intentionally created the traffic stop, so he can start the mass murder by killing a police officer.

Switching vehicles and driving to a movie theater on a busy Saturday evening, point to a desire to kill many.

Terrible. Things seem to be pretty chaotic right now. Sometimes, too much information is as bad as not enough. Need to sort through all of the conflicting information.

We were just commenting that the flag wasn't at half staff today, for a change. Great. Just leave it at half staff.

Holy smokes... CBS7 local channel has footage of PD vehicles ramming the USPS vehicle that was hijacked and rushing the suspect.

Can't link specifically as it was showed as part of their live stream, but I guarantee it will be everywhere soon.

It looks like it started with a traffic stop on the outskirts of Southeast Odessa and ended to the East behind the BIG movie theatre on the Southwest edge of Midland..........The streets are still nearly empty here in Midland. One wild afternoon. All of my area family and friends are safe. Now we wait to learn about the victims...............stillhidingin thehousearmedinwesttexascody22

Last edited:
Has it been said what the shooter was driving originally?

It's very common for those in this area to have rifle racks in their trucks by both men, and women.

They put their hunting rifles in the racks mounted across the inside back windshield.

Many keep them in their trucks in case they need them for hunting seasons or when working on farms to shoot varmints who harm farm animals or to kill snakes.

Imoo
I think he was driving a Honda when he was pulled over. MOO

12 min ago
Live Updates: Shooter targets people at shopping centers in West Texas - CNN

Medical Center Hospital treating 14 victims

There are currently 14 victims being treated at Medical Center Hospital in Odessa, according to CEO Russell Tippin. No ages or conditions were provided.

The hospital has a family staging area with grief counselors and social workers to provide support, Tippin said.

Holy smokes... CBS7 local channel has footage of PD vehicles ramming the USPS vehicle that was hijacked and rushing the suspect.

Can't link specifically as it was showed as part of their live stream, but I guarantee it will be everywhere soon.

As always our police officers face such grave dangers, and go forward to face that imminent dangerous threat... to eliminate it quickly so there can't be further injuries or more innocent lives lost.

I know they lit his sorry *advertiser censored** up with gunfire because they knew he wasn't going to give up, and they knew they had to bring him down immediately.

They saved many more lives today.

Jmho

It's easy to let tensions in these cases to come out as snark or unkindness to each other. WS rules will help us. Report and scroll.

We've got good coverage and discussion going. Let's keep it up! And, let's at least be kind - it's the power we have against the violence, imo.

jmopiniononly

As always our police officer face such grave dangers, and go toward to face that imminent dangerous threat to eliminate it quickly so there can't be further injuries or more innocent lives lost.

I know they lit his sorry *advertiser censored** up with gunfire because they knew he wasn't going to give up, and they knew they had to bring him down immediately.

Jmho
Seems like LE deliberately hit the vehicle the suspect was in? If that is the case, wow.

jmo

Can someone give me insight on the bullet holes in the vehicles.

The blue truck with holes in the passenger window particularly.

Idk the circumstances such as range and speed but that is a really tight cluster for 2 moving vehicles on a highway. I guess he could have been driving right next to them at same speed.

I am not familiar with guns but it looks like this guy had some kind of training with weapons from the bullet holes and accuracy while driving.

Multiple injuries reported in active shooter incident in Odessa, Texas | Daily Mail Online

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back