TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1

:waitasec: Okay, either there is a mistake in relaying exactly what Hailey's friend said, or something stinks. Track season is in the spring...newspaper coverage indicates there are no track meets until April! Right now it's all basketball.

I'm going to try to see if there were any 5k charity events or anything else that a girl might confuse with a track meet.

I don't know if the track meet was supposed to be recent. Maybe it was last spring that they met the boy?

Czg, its wonderful to have you here and thank for the valuable information. Hoping today is the day that Hailey comes home safe!

:waitasec: Okay, either there is a mistake in relaying exactly what Hailey's friend said, or something stinks. Track season is in the spring...newspaper coverage indicates there are no track meets until April! Right now it's all basketball.

**Respectfully Snipped**

I thought the same thing... I was thinking that either,
A. They did meet last spring as chasinghalos commented (good point, btw :))
or
B. Cross-country runs in Fall -- kids who are not in CC might possibly call a meet a 'track meet", but even more likely, adults who talk to the kids might re-interpret the word "meet" (which is what a CC event is) to be "track meet" instead of CC meet. (Hope that makes sense). I work in a HS and I do hear adults use the wrong term from time to time...

I could see either as equally possible... Clarification from the friend on when they met this young man (and what events he does-- ie: is he a runner, or was he actually at a track meet doing some other event like shot?) would be very helpful in determining who he is from the other HS staff

(snipped)

Hailey's friend who she was supposed to spend the night finally (and I think grudgingly) told Billie and the police that they met this boy at a track meet out of town. All that she told was his name and that he was "their age". He was a participant in the track meet, so he has to be in school. The police are going to look through the school records in the neighboring town and try and determine who he is.

czgtz- I may be confused. I took this to mean that Hailey and her friend went to a track meet in a nearby town on the Monday night that Hailey disappeared, and that they went there to meet up with a particular boy.

chasinghalos has a good point. Maybe you meant that Hailey's friend is taking a guess that Hailey might have snuck away to see a boy who she and Hailey had met at a track meet at some time in the past.

Can you clarify please? You have been so helpful, thank you!

TGI-
FWIW, I did take it to mean that the friend thinks she may have sneaked off to meet a boy they previously met.... when they met him- fall, last spring??-- would be helpful to know..
The only sports that had games at our school the week before break is basket ball and bowling.

Also- ITA-- czgtz- you have been an awesome poster to help us understand what is going on... Thank you so much!!! :)

AnnieOakley I agree about cross country, however CC finished their season several weeks before Christmas break according to a Junior High level runner I happen to know. We are in the same state district as Colorado City, just a much larger school so we don't compete with them.

Thinking of you Hailey, I hope you're close to coming home!!

Supposedly, Hailey and her friend met this boy at a track meet sometime in the past.

As of now, there are no new updates.

OK guys, I have deleted some posts that had information in them that mentioned the bloodhounds. At the request of Hailey's mom, the only information she wants released about the dogs is that they were brought in to search for a scent. There has been NO confirmation that Hailey was or wasn't in a particular place anytime since she was last seen at home. As previously mentioned, Hailey has walked to her dad's house and her friend's house too many times to count.

I would very greatly appreciate those of you who quoted or questioned me on where the scent led the bloodhounds also edit or delete your posts. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

I have been riveted to Jonathan's thread and I can't believe I had no clue this little girl was missing!

Colorado City is a small town about 1 1/2 hours away from me. When I asked my H about the ability of their police dept. to handle this properly, he told me that they actually had disbanded their police department recently and he was surprised to hear from me that there was a spokesperson being identified as the police chief! This leads me to question just how much experience this new chief can have with missing children cases.

My H generally sneers at my online sleuthing efforts, but he surprised me by agreeing to call Chief Bivens to offer any help he might need from Abilene PD. I hope the chief is not too proud to accept it!

Colorado City is a very rural community...people know each other's business I'm sure, and if their teenagers are anything like my kid's friends, nothing ever stays secret for long. They all follow each other's texts and facebook comments etc. If this girl was with any of her friends instead of at the sleepover, kids would be talking about it. It's such a small town, there really wouldn't be any kids who don't know each other...it's not like she could be hanging out with a friend from a school across town that no one else knows...there is only one school to go to!

I'll post whatever I can after H talks to Bivens. He might not tell me much, but I hope he can at least let us know that the cell is being traced for pings and last calls being looked at!

Do you know anything about Lorraine, TX? tia

Sorry - I was reading previously about the hounds. Either I read it wrong or it was deleted... Anyway, my main point was to clarify what I thought was meant about meeting at the track meet. :)

(FYI, I agree that she did not run away)

Have ensured that all my posts have been deleted - no problems I will start anew.

eleph - And I do NOT believe this little girl ran away!

czgtz... I just wanted to say 'Welcome' and that I cannot imagine what Hailey's family and friends (including you) are going through right now. I hope she is found soon - and keep up the good work. (((hugs)))

Just checking on updates today...still praying for Hailey's safe return.

I saw on FB they were beginning to handout posters a couple of days ago...does anyone know if they were able to get them posted in the neighboring "towns"?

Fliers that the family made have been out for several days. They have been put up here in Mitchell County, Sweetwater, Snyder, Big Spring, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, San Angelo, Austin, Lubbock, and the DFW area... and hopefully a lot of other places by now.

And redcat is just great. Not only did she start a 'Find Hailey' FB page, she has also made a YouTube video. Thanks, redcat. Here is the link:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5El9g0oyrg[/ame]

Prayers for Hailey's safe return and strength for her family and friends as the looking, worrying and investigation continues in the coming days. Hopefully there will be some breaking leads shortly to return Hailey home.

eleph

Fliers that the family made have been out for several days. They have been put up here in Mitchell County, Sweetwater, Snyder, Big Spring, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, San Angelo, Austin, Lubbock, and the DFW area... and hopefully a lot of other places by now.

And redcat is just great. Not only did she start a 'Find Hailey' FB page, she has also made a YouTube video. Thanks, redcat. Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5El9g0oyrg

Awesome...that's great! If you need help getting to any other areas, please let me know, I'll be happy to help. I have a huge network in the more rural areas throughout West Texas (I work in oil & gas), Houston, East and South Texas also. I can email them and get them posted if you / family would like. Don't want to interfere, so just let me know.

Thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back