TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAN SOMEONE POST A LINK WHERE IT SAYS THEY TRACKED TO MB'S HOUSE? By that I mean from a quote from a reliable source who would know this, not just some reporter.

Sorry for yelling, but I was pretty sure that someone involved with the dogs said NO they had done no such thing.
So.... before we go down this road again, let's make sure we have the facts straight. I could be wrong, but I think we are discussing rumors/and or/bad information right now.

How about checking out the hotel employees' comings and goings around the time HD disappeared. Do they have good alibis? Has any employee suddenly quit? did not show up for work after HD's disappearance. Seems like so much attention has been paid to SA, and I am hoping they are pursuing other avenues as time is definitely not on their side now, unfortunately. Also is there construction anywhere around that area. Have any construction workers quit around this time?

Were the dogs from the prison or the airport?

Sarx - noted a wealth of info on tracking dogs a few threads back.
A Must Read.

Still saying... how did the dog's know she was going to her dad's then to MB's?

Prison dogs, from i believe what was called the "Ware" unit.

I would check not at who checked in but who checked out 1 to 2 days before she was last seen.

So, has this sighting of Hailey been ruled out?

BILLIE DUNN: We hear that another lady says she saw Hailey, her friend and a boy she didn`t recognize Monday evening -- it was already dark -- walking on the main street by a store. So they`re looking at that video surveillance, too, seeing if that story checks out, see if they can put her somewhere that evening.

I`m just told that there are a ton of tips coming in, and they`re checking out everything. And they say when they hear somebody thinks they`ve seen Hailey an hour or two away, they`re running over there, checking video surveillance at a Burger King.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

I though this was quite interesting:

Byerley characterized the 13-year-old as not getting along with her mother’s boyfriend, and Hailey herself as always wandering “here and there,” coming and going largely “as she pleases.”

But rather than a little girl lost, Byerley painted a picture of a compassionate person, whether it was taking care of a mutual friend of a family pet, a girl who remained “very much an individual,” with an honest style of communication whether talking about school, family or friends.

Dunn has stayed with Byerley and her boyfriend off and on, including the last two weeks of the previous school year, Byerley said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/?partner=RSS

A Must Read.

The dogs were from the prison. IIRC the warden is quoted in an article. I think it has the info we need to clear this up, but I don't have it handy.

I am surprised at everyone who is saying they should overlook the pot just because a child is missing. really? the law is the law…..or so I thought.

CAN SOMEONE POST A LINK WHERE IT SAYS THEY TRACKED TO MB'S HOUSE? By that I mean from a quote from a reliable source who would know this, not just some reporter.

Sorry for yelling, but I was pretty sure that someone involved with the dogs said NO they had done no such thing.
So.... before we go down this road again, let's make sure we have the facts straight. I could be wrong, but I think we are discussing rumors/and or/bad information right now.

Not sure if these 2 quotes will suffice, one being a reporter, the other Hailey's mother, but, fwiw:

MICHAEL BOARD, WOAI NEWSRADIO: Nancy, the last person to see Hailey Dunn alive was her mother`s boyfriend. This was on December 27th at about 3:00 o`clock in the last -- 3:00 o`clock in the afternoon. Her mother`s boyfriend says that Hailey told him that she was going over to her father`s house and then over to a friend`s house.

Police, we`ve learned this week, brought in bloodhounds, and amazingly, those dogs were able to pick up Hailey`s scent. Yes, they tracked her exact path. They went from her mother`s home to her father`s home, and then from her father`s home to her friend`s home, which is a couple blocks away.

and

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I kind of don`t know what to say now since I heard police were being tight-lipped about it, but I`ll go ahead and say they started toward her dad`s house. They didn`t go there. They stopped, turned around, went to her friend`s, went to that motel, where they told me they`re reviewing video surveillance. There was video surveillance there. But didn`t have much luck there.

I don't know about the dads and friends house, but the tracking to the motel has been dispelled they said it wasn't tracked to the motel, but the dogs picked up a spot of scent there, if that makes sense, they smelled her, but it wasn't a trail.
Thank you. I thought I had read this...they took the dogs to the motel, and the dogs then tracked scent to a motel room door, IIRC?

No... it is not discounted. The story was changed to say the dogs were taken to 6 motels and hit at one.

The dogs were taken to 6 motels and hit at one?

Where did you read that?

I though this was quite interesting:

Byerley characterized the 13-year-old as not getting along with her mother’s boyfriend, and Hailey herself as always wandering “here and there,” coming and going largely “as she pleases.”

But rather than a little girl lost, Byerley painted a picture of a compassionate person, whether it was taking care of a mutual friend of a family pet, a girl who remained “very much an individual,” with an honest style of communication whether talking about school, family or friends.

Dunn has stayed with Byerley and her boyfriend off and on, including the last two weeks of the previous school year, Byerley said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/?partner=RSS

That whole article today has me laughing and editing... Tee Hee Hee... a mutual friend of a family pet?

Thank you. I thought I had read this...they took the dogs to the motel, and the dogs then tracked scent to a motel room door, IIRC?

I had read several times (sorry, I don't have the links handy, but maybe someone else will?) that her scent was not tracked to the hotel, but that her scent was picked up at the hotel.

A Must Read.

Prison

The Texas Department of Criminal Justice search guards and dogs did a "grid search" overnight, even scouring the riverbeds.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

I had read several times (sorry, I don't have the links handy, but maybe someone else will?) that her scent was not tracked to the hotel, but that her scent was picked up at the hotel.
Which is what I was trying to say, so thanks!

It's so hard to tell what is fact or fiction in this case, and other cases at times. We see information reported then refuted, the family saying one thing and LE spokesperson saying another. :banghead: Ex. the polygraphs results.

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I kind of don`t know what to say now since I heard police were being tight-lipped about it, but I`ll go ahead and say they started toward her dad`s house. They didn`t go there. They stopped, turned around, went to her friend`s, went to that motel, where they told me they`re reviewing video surveillance. There was video surveillance there. But didn`t have much luck there.

IF the scent report is true, then I think this is important - it is implying that they picked up on a recent scent. The reason why is: IF they were tracking an older scent, they would have tracked all the way to the dad's house since she had been there on the 26th for sure. And many times before that. The fact they turned around indicates that there was a stronger scent they were following. MOO

ETA: Honestly, I think there are various individuals from LE who are updating Billie at different times, independent of each other. And the information is different. Failed polygraph vs didn't tell results at all. We've heard they tracked her trail, then they just picked up the scent AT the hotel. Now it's not being discussed at all - and they're focusing on areas around Dunn... and canvassing the neighborhood... and... it's all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member