TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so hard to tell what is fact or fiction in this case, and other cases at times. We see information reported then refuted, the family saying one thing and LE spokesperson saying another. :banghead: Ex. the polygraphs results.

I tend to believe family over the spokesperson on this one.

IF the scent report is true, then I think this is important - it is implying that they picked up on a recent scent. The reason why is: IF they were tracking an older scent, they would have tracked all the way to the dad's house since she had been there on the 26th for sure. And many times before that. The fact they turned around indicates that there was a stronger scent they were following. MOO

ETA: Honestly, I think there are various individuals from LE who are updating Billie at different times, independent of each other. And the information is different. Failed polygraph vs didn't tell results at all. We've heard they tracked her trail, then they just picked up the scent AT the hotel. Now it's not being discussed at all - and they're focusing on areas around Dunn... and canvassing the neighborhood... and... it's all over the place.

Good point on the older vs newer scent. I never thought of that... DUH?

Maybe it was because her mother does not want her in the media spotlight, which is entirely understandable.

The vigil that I am talking about was prior to the big media campaign. There was 750 people from the community... almost half of the town?

My fear is that IF the scent at the hotel is true, then she was taken away on I-20. If it's not true, then I think she's somewhere in the vast Texas spaces around Colorado City... and a huge grid search needs to take place. She needs to be found.

SARX (and anyone else who might know)

If someone had something of hers and dropped it on the ground at the hotel, would it leave enough skin cells to be detected by the dogs? Of maybe something in a vehicle that belonged to her? Would it be able to drop a large concentration of scent??

What I'm getting at is, that maybe Hailey wasn't at the hotel, but something that belonged to her that would be covered in her scent, clothing etc.. might have been....

My fear is that IF the scent at the hotel is true, then she was taken away on I-20. If it's not true, then I think she's somewhere in the vast Texas spaces around Colorado City... and a huge grid search needs to take place. She needs to be found.
That's my fear as well.

Maybe Hailey did walk to her dad's and realized he wasn't home and did go to MB's and she wasn't home?

But then, if they only picked up on a scent at the hotel without tracking her there, then where is her track from MB's to her next destination?

So puzzling!

Exactly!!! :rocker:

Where did the scent lead from there?

CAN SOMEONE POST A LINK WHERE IT SAYS THEY TRACKED TO MB'S HOUSE? By that I mean from a quote from a reliable source who would know this, not just some reporter.

Sorry for yelling, but I was pretty sure that someone involved with the dogs said NO they had done no such thing.
So.... before we go down this road again, let's make sure we have the facts straight. I could be wrong, but I think we are discussing rumors/and or/bad information right now.
Sarx, I do not have the link... it was several threads back... but I specifically remember the city manager saying that the dogs were "taken" to the hotels ((no mention of friend's house)) and did not "follow" scent there. The dogs alerted once there at the hotel ((per the city manager))

The only time I have heard about dogs and the friend's house was from the mother on the NG show and it was not elaborated upon. I could be wrong but this is what I recall.

I think we need to know if someone was visiting Dad's house that afternoon.

Where was Dad Monday anyway, I thought I read he was not working right now, but I could be wrong. Just wondering why it was up to his GF whether or not Hailey came by.

He also said, he didn't remember if she came by. It is on Nancy Grace's show that he said this.

Do the dogs respond in a manner in which you can tell if the person was walking slowly or running?

CAN SOMEONE POST A LINK WHERE IT SAYS THEY TRACKED TO MB'S HOUSE? By that I mean from a quote from a reliable source who would know this, not just some reporter.

Sorry for yelling, but I was pretty sure that someone involved with the dogs said NO they had done no such thing.
So.... before we go down this road again, let's make sure we have the facts straight. I could be wrong, but I think we are discussing rumors/and or/bad information right now.

How far did they tell you the dogs tracked your little girl to that Western Motel? Did they track her into the lobby? Did they track to a certain room, to the parking lot? How far did the trail go?

B. DUNN: They didn`t tell me that. They just let me know that to the friends, to the motel, and they`re reviewing the video at the motel, and calling everybody who had been checked in to the motel that day.

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I kind of don`t know what to say now since I heard police were being tight-lipped about it, but I`ll go ahead and say they started toward her dad`s house. They didn`t go there. They stopped, turned around, went to her friend`s, went to that motel, where they told me they`re reviewing video surveillance. There was video surveillance there. But didn`t have much luck there.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

with all this alleged walking around that Hailey did is it possible the dogs picked up her scent....but not from the day she went missing?

so very sad that this investigation got off to such a slow start.... so many vital early days were missed out on....

My son lives due east of C City, and he says they've had tons of rain, then ice and now snow since late afternoon yesterday. I'm wondering what C City's weather is like today, and will it hamper any searches?

Colorado City TEXAS

i do want you all to know just how this town is on rumors, the day my mother died and i was informed, i was in snyder, left imediately and got to ccity very quickly may i add, and there was a lot of people there and some had accually found out before i did. its one of those that when you use the potty everyone knows and most the time info is all wrong by the time it gets back to the person.
ive learned living here that you dont need to believe anything unless you hear it from that person.

SARX (and anyone else who might know)

If someone had something of hers and dropped it on the ground at the hotel, would it leave enough skin cells to be detected by the dogs? Of maybe something in a vehicle that belonged to her? Would it be able to drop a large concentration of scent??

What I'm getting at is, that maybe Hailey wasn't at the hotel, but something that belonged to her that would be covered in her scent, clothing etc.. might have been....

Yes, it could, depending on how long it was there and how long ago. I must say though, that I think the motel was a false hit. They showed entrance in the parking lot but could not do anything with it. They couldn't trail out of the parking lot, they couldn't trail to a door at the motel. I think the dogs had been taken to multiple places and they were possibly a little frustrated.

i do want you all to know just how this town is on rumors, the day my mother died and i was informed, i was in snyder, left imediately and got to ccity very quickly may i add, and there was a lot of people there and some had accually found out before i did. its one of those that when you use the potty everyone knows and most the time info is all wrong by the time it gets back to the person.
ive learned living here that you dont need to believe anything unless you hear it from that person.

Sadly, that is what happens in small towns. Rumors run rampant and information that is wrong tends to spread like wildfire. IMO

with all this alleged walking around that Hailey did is it possible the dogs picked up her scent....but not from the day she went missing?

so very sad that this investigation got off to such a slow start.... so many vital early days were missed out on....

Yes, absolutely. It can be a real nightmare to work an area where someone walks daily, there are tons of overlapping trails that have been laid in very close time ranges.

:floorlaugh:lol yah we dont get much moisture here, we get to sit back and watch the clouds and rain go around us. but the weather right now is sunny and little clouds and the wind is cool but a jacket will do for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member