TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question........5:45 SA picks Billie up from work. Are we sure about this? Just wondering where it came from, I missed it. Someone point me in that direction please...TIA.

I simply MUST bring Chicken's post forward and am curious as to what people have to say:

((((great post chicken!!!))))

what I put in red is where I first start having questions... because in the affidavit DD (brother) says that knowing Hailey's experience level with the game she would have played until midnight

Shawns account of where Hailey said she was going. MB had no knowledge of Hailey planning on spending the night. Going to her fathers house I can believe she may have skipped.

Regrouping, trying not to get tunnel visioned on SA and BD.

Runaway or abduction:
Still possible. LE, Clint and volunteers still searching for a live Hailey. Billie continues to appear on NG so Hailey's face is seen by up to 1 million people nationally. Billboards featuring Hailey's face appear along Highway 120.

Hailey harmed/removed from home:
SA is officially the first named suspect. He cannot be ruled out based on what we know now; he has means, motive and opportunity.
1. SA Means: SA has access to Hailey on 12/26 p.m. up until 4 p.m. on 12/27. No one else has seen her since that time. SA has ability to drug or overpower Hailey and get her out of the house late at night, in the morning, or in the daytime - won't take him long to move her once he knows the coast is clear. SA has a vehicle.
2. SA Motive: LE has a record of previous threats by SA against Hailey. Consistent statements made by family and friends that Hailey is afraid of SA and wants to move out of the house. This could be motive for runaway, what we all hope. This could be motive for SA to rid himself of the person who is complaining about him. Possible alternate motive: SA admits to fantasies of killing someone on MM site + SA admits obsession with horror + SA likes to role play horror scenes with masks, knives... Could he have crossed the line between fantasy into reality with Hailey as his victim?
3. SA Opportunity: Hailey is alone in the house when SA is supposed to be at work. He claims he is at mom's house after unexplained departure from work and that his uncle saw him. Cell phone pings indicate otherwise. SA has had opportunity to provide an alibi, but none is given to the public by SA or through BD. SA has a car to transport Hailey.

Billie is not named a POI in public. She is a main player in the case and most visible in MSM. She invited SA into her home and knowingly made a false statement to the public that SA was at work on 12/27. She initially supports SA, but seems to be unsure and distance herself as the investigation continues. Did she have some part in what happened to Hailey or did she not believe SA would harm Hailey and didn't want anyone else to suspect him? Remains to be seen, but LE needs to determine this - could be key in finding Hailey.

Until Hailey is found, SA belongs on the top of the suspect list - he is suspicious and cannot be ruled out. Billie should be a focus of sleuthing as well; she cannot be ruled out as being directly involved or being an accomplice at this time. She was at work 12/27 a.m., but no one other than she and SA have been confirmed to have seen Hailey since 9p.m. on Sunday, 12/26. Did something happen to Hailey when both SA and BD were in the home with Hailey on 12/26? If something happened on 12/27 when BD was at work, does she know about it?

Mind cleared; still open to all possibilities, but not ignoring those that are suspicious and can't be ruled out yet...

Wow this is a great post.

BBM: This is the first I have seen it said that his uncle saw him at his mom's house. It has probably been brought out by now, but is it possible that he had time to zip by his mom's right after he walked out of his job, get his uncle to "see him" like he apparently got his boss to do, and then left immediately to go back to BD's house? And good point about the battery could have been removed, thus no pinging. Could have removed it on and off at his own convenience.

At our school all band and orchestra instruments have to be rented from a local music store.

Orchestra are flat out rent because like with cellos and violins, the kids need a larger size as they get older.

Band instruments with the exception of a couple that change size like saxs i believe, they are flat out rent to own. 90% of your monthly rental payment goes towards paying off the total. If that makes sense.

Two days prior to Hailey going missing. No, Hailey did not look happy. What I find strange is Billy's hand isn't even on her daughter. I know when I've been in pictures like this, I place my hand on my child's leg so as to include them. Does this make sense?
Makes perfect sense to me. I'd do the same thing. I don't want to over-read the photo, but my first impression was that Hailey looked left out, so to speak. I'm pretty sure the image would have struck me the same way even if the subjects were completely unknown to me.

in the affidavit's we only got 'snippets' of the tower pings imhoo... we know his phone pinged off the same tower that Hailey's would use... than the 2.5 hr interruption in service.

my question...

did his phone ping off any towers during his drive between work and the home?

did his phone ping off any towers in between the interruption of service and when it was next picked up at his mother's house?

those "dead areas" for his provider coverage need to be searched thoroughly... moo

About the photographs: I know people like to read alot into them, but I know from my own children that kids can be smiling one minute then frowning the next minute. Sometimes my kids refuse to smile for the camera and it doesn't even have anything to do with what is happening around them or even how they are feeling in general.

Not saying things weren't happening (I think the homelife situation was pretty dreadful), just that you can't assume anything just from one or two photographs of a kid that age.

His uncle saw him?I wonder if it's the uncle that was in the video,the cousin's Dad that makes videos with SA.That opens up a whole other thing of who he was with that day,possibly.

I made mention of body language not facial expressions.

We can't read anything into facial expressions and can create pages and pages discussing that fact on this thread.

Just an observation about body language JMHO. In one photo.

Doesn't mean anything. Was just an observation....

LOL.

I'm going to run errands ya'll have a good day. :D

If Hailey quit the band then wouldn't have BD noticed that the saxophone (and case) were no longer around? Wouldn't the band director have asked that the instrument be returned (those ain't cheap)?

I think there are pesky little details in the back story here that might help. We heard mention of a "blow up" at Christmas. We never got any details but for a "blow up" there must have been pressure brewing. Its just the details of that pressure brewing that we have no knowledge of.

In KY and in IN the parents supply the instruments. I'm not sure about TX.

here is a great bit of info on interruption of service...

**imhoo he was in a remote area at this time**

((why do I think this? I don't think he was so savy.... erasing messages right in front of LE... he has no idea how the cell phone can be his worst enemy right now))

Does a phone ping if it dies and is not recharged immediately? Or, will it only go out of service due to removing the battery or topography?

No waddles I only saw the one pic that belimom linked backthread where it is the 3 of them sitting.

ETA: so I don't post another post, I'm not really looking at facial expressions because I, myself, have had two 13 yr olds that were known to pull faces or not smile when having a picture taken. I'm looking at the placement of body. Arms...hands...such. Only in candid photos too. Any posing and it's a bit hard to decipher body language. KWIM? Just an observation.

I really think that Shawn has his arm through Billie's hoodie.
Which would explain Hailey's somewhat sour expression (Geez, just take the friggin picture and stop goofin off)
and would explain why Billie is leaned so far into Shawn (so he could get his hand into her hoodie arm).

12:00:00 PM: Billie claims a man (Charles) who lives with a neighbor (Travis) sees Hailey in yard talking on phone. Mike Board of WOAI claims his station found a woman who saw Hailey in the yard on the phone, but no time is given.

:waitasec:
if no one was at home with hailey at 12:00PM - why would she need to "step outside" to speak on the phone? I find this very unlikely...

in the affidavit's we only got 'snippets' of the tower pings imhoo... we know his phone pinged off the same tower that Hailey's would use... than the 2.5 hr interruption in service.

my question...

did his phone ping off any towers during his drive between work and the home?

did his phone ping off any towers in between the interruption of service and when it was next picked up at his mother's house?

those "dead areas" for his provider coverage need to be searched thoroughly... moo

But, but, but....:floorlaugh: How do we KNOW there are dead areas?

Geeze, get home late last night from my son's soccer game, got caught up on reading and now another thread!! Been busy this morning with lil one being sick...and posted this on the last thread only to have it closed and not post!! Okay, here we go...I really am stuck on two things.

1. Billie saying on NG the other night that she checked on Hailey to 'EASE HER MIND'. Ease her mind of what?? Was Hailey not in her bed some mornings?? I'm thinking that maybe SA and Hailey ran an errand that night, went somewhere did something, and BD went to bed. She knew that SA came back presumably because he crawled/slithered into bed with her. And then she poked her head into Hailey's room because to make sure she returned. That could explain the flipflops (although I'm still wearing mine) and no jacket. Perhaps it was a come on, you'll just stay in the car or here, grab this blanket you're not even going to get out.

2. Billie appears to be a young, good looking mom. Hailey is what, 13? I wonder about any competition or anything between them. You know, how some women are??

3. Why aren't there more friends, teachers, groups out there working to bring her home??

I'm with you. We have no credible signs of Hailey alive after 9pm Sunday Dec 26, and nobody checking to see where she is until Tues Dec 28. :(

BBM

That is what troubles me the most...that BIG 2 day timeline.

I fear whatever happened to Hailey happened Sunday evening.
SA stalked Hailey at night while she was in her room...he was a creature of the night in the act of prowling in search of something from a lil 13 yr old child

We don't know if he was up the whole night prior to his appearance at work.

jmo

At our school all band and orchestra instruments have to be rented from a local music store.

Orchestra are flat out rent because like with cellos and violins, the kids need a larger size as they get older.

Band instruments with the exception of a couple that change size like saxs i believe, they are flat out rent to own. 90% of your monthly rental payment goes towards paying off the total. If that makes sense.

FWIW I was able to rent a saxaphone from the school instead of going through the instrument store. It saved me a little bit of money.

One thing that makes me happy is that despite all the negative Hailey was still participating in school activities such as band and cheer.

Would the cell provider records indicate if the phone had been updated? I know when I take out the battery from my Blackberry, it will do an update when I plug the battery back in.

I want to say the provider would know. I had an issue with mine not updating correctly after putting the battery in, and when I called Verizon I seem to recall they had a record of the update happening. Just wondering if anyone knows for certain that they do keep that on record. If so, then LE should know if he pulled the battery, and that would be a HUGE red flag. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie