TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you're saying (I think) and I agree.

I think what you're trying to say is John Q. Public sees a story like this case - follows it on NG for the 4 - 5 nights she was on and at first glance, wants to help.

The public doesn't like to "process" or "think about" everything that we have gone over in here. They probably don't even know about most of it. They act out of emotion and their first emotion is that a mother doesn't have her child - and that's sad.

In our world today - people see and hear about crimes everyday. Its everywhere - its ugly - its very hard to understand. And just like some experts want to blame children who become violent on the video games - can it not be said that the public, in general, is becoming desensitized to violence and crime?

We just had a high school principal here who was arrested for beating his own 15 year old daughter with an electrical cord. :eek: You can not imagine how many people - students and parents, community members are SUPPORTING this guy! Yep. I said supporting.

I'm disgusted with this case. I've been mostly lurking in the past day or so - only contributing when I see a need to - or a question to clear up. I can see both "sides" in all of this but we simply don't have all the facts and without those no one can form an educated conclusion. I'm keeping the faith that the Rangers and the FBI know what they are doing - they deal with this on a daily basis and things happen in the background that we know nothing of. So, we sit here and wait.

All I can do now is pray that Hailey is found and soon.

BBM

WOO, this is exactly where I am with this case. Usually I have a moment when I just know (sometimes wrong but mostly right). That hasn't happened this time.

I honestly don't know a lot of Texans. I am going to apologise in advance if I offend anyone.

I was once seated next to a guy from Texas on a very long...long..... flight. His speech patterns almost literally drove me insane. He talked super slow, and everything was convoluted like Kampfer's statement above. I'm from New Jersey, (south) here, we talk really fast and use as few words as possible to get our point across. We are an impatiant bunch, and he seemed more than relaxed and certainly knew how to take his time and ramble.

When I called the Pizza Hut to order pizzas for the searchers, I was a little stunned at just how friendly the guy was & how long it took to order. That was rather nice. VERY different from here.

Then I got to thinking .....when I was listening to Billie on NG...and Clint....Kampfer in the presser and it finally hit me. Maybe this is the way EVERYONE in Texas talks? :waitasec: YES? NO?

Yes, small-town Texans tend to be that way. No rush, no hurry, always chit-chatting each other up in the grocery store, food places, etc. It's a much slower-paced life.

Are those radio interviews available online? I've looked all over and can't find them archived.

No..I can try to figure out a way to dub them on to the computer....give me a day or so.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/weird/heidnik/index_1.html

another story on the Jan 6 search Warrant aff, BD printed out

Gary Heidnik: To Hell and Back

Cellar of Death
unmistakable whine of a power saw.............Heidnik's dogs walked into the basement carrying a long meaty bone and proceeded to devour it in front of the terrified girls. Investigators would later reveal that Heidnik had ground up Lindsay's flesh using a food processor, and fed it to his dogs and the captives mixed with dog food. To dispose of the remaining parts of the body, he cooked them on the stove.

After cuffing each girl hand and foot, he hung them from a beam and gagged them. Then, taking several different sizes of screwdrivers, he gouged inside their ears in an attempt to deafen them.

He stripped the insulation from one end of an electrical extension cord and plugged the other into a socket. Then, turning on the power, he would hold the bare wires against each of the girl's chains and watch with detached amusement as they wriggled and danced to escape the current.

women, still in chains, were then pushed down into it before the cover was replaced and weighted down with bags of dirt. As they sat shivering with cold and fear, the bare wire was pushed through one of the holes until it briefly touched one of the chains sending a jolt of electricity surging through all of them. The wire was then pushed into the hole a second time, making direct contact with Deborah's chain. Absorbing most of the voltage

I can't read anymore of this but this monster kidnapped, murdered, raped, tortured, and tried to impregnate many girls. He is the worse of the worse!

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...ckedin-missing-teen-case/?partner=yahoo_feeds

BBM

Officials also are following new leads as they arise, but the nature of those leads has changed, Kampfer said.

"Right now, the types of leads may be more in the regional context, farther in different places away from Colorado City, and maybe also seeing persons of interest in other places. All these things have to fit together and put together for evidentiary purposes."

What does that mean?

:waitasec: hmmm

...Farther in different places away from Colorado City..."

Does he really talk like this...or does the transcriber take a little something with their breakfast cereal...

Ole Pete, I have said this before, he LOVES to hear himself talk and likes to use big words to show everyone how smart he is...can ya tell I don't care much for the man..lol? :innocent: Just clarifying I am talking about City Manager Pete Kampfer.

Well I am fairly certain Billie isn't accepting/soliciting cash donations..in both radio interviews here she made it VERY CLEAR all she wants from anyone is prayers for Hailey. Clint made it very clear also that he wanted an account set up for himself and needed money. He or his gf have not worked in quite awhile.

Redcat, if you know, can you tell us if Clint lost his job due to not being able to work while Hailey is missing? When someone looses their job, bye-bye health insurance! With a new baby those costs really add up!

I think it would be pretty heartless to completly fire any parent who's child is missing. I realize that every business has to keep running, but it would be more kind if they could find a temporary worker to fill in, especially if he had worked there for a while.

Clint and Billie will both have to go back to work eventually, but until then , I see no problem with either of them accepting enough donations to keep a roof over their heads and pay their bills! Anything more than that would be inappropriate,( unless it went to support the search), IMO.

I honestly don't know a lot of Texans. I am going to apologise in advance if I offend anyone.

I was once seated next to a guy from Texas on a very long...long..... flight. His speech patterns almost literally drove me insane. He talked super slow, and everything was convoluted like Kampfer's statement above. I'm from New Jersey, (south) here, we talk really fast and use as few words as possible to get our point across. We are an impatiant bunch, and he seemed more than relaxed and certainly knew how to take his time and ramble.

When I called the Pizza Hut to order pizzas for the searchers, I was a little stunned at just how friendly the guy was & how long it took to order. That was rather nice. VERY different from here.

Then I got to thinking .....when I was listening to Billie on NG...and Clint....Kampfer in the presser and it finally hit me. Maybe this is the way EVERYONE in Texas talks? :waitasec: YES? NO?

Linda, as a born and bred Texan, I must say - absolutely not!

Kampfer reminds me of a guy I once served on our school board with - his speech and emails were full of redundancies, malapropisms, and awkward grammar. It wasn't because he was a Texan, but because he thought it made him sound professional and intelligent.

Let me come out and say I am not very fond of Clint. I approached him at Hailey's Bridge to talk to him and he brushed me off. I have since realized it was probably because I didn't have a TV camera in my hand. In defense of Billie, she has a pretty stable work history..Clint? Not so much. It's just a feeling I get from him and his girlfriend and jmo.
The Balloon kids comes to mind : Remember the parents said he had ascended in a balloon and that was all Fabrication... JAT

Well I am fairly certain Billie isn't accepting/soliciting cash donations..in both radio interviews here she made it VERY CLEAR all she wants from anyone is prayers for Hailey. Clint made it very clear also that he wanted an account set up for himself and needed money. He or his gf have not worked in quite awhile.

She doesn't have to ask for money,I've seen many people taking her things from fb,stocked her house and then this week again bringing more things and BD said she's getting letters across the country.So she doesn't have to ask,actually.Personally I don't care about either one of them receiving money if they're doing all they can to find Hailey.But it's bringing SA back into the home being a suspect and him reaping off what is given when he's suspected in Hailey's disappearance.KWIM

Ole Pete, I have said this before, he LOVES to hear himself talk and likes to use big words to show everyone how smart he is...can ya tell I don't care much for the man..lol? :innocent:
I just knew it! he has big-small vocabulary syndrome!!!!! meaning he tries to use big words but doesn't really know how to use them!

((yes, I was on the debate team in college... for real))

Now for witchcraft,occult.........BD printed off pages about
Aleister Crowley Jan6,2011 search warrent aff.

http://www.controverscial.com/Aleister Crowley.htm

Aleister Crowley was perhaps the most controversial and misunderstood personality to figure in the new era of modern day witchcraft.
Known by the popular press of his time as “The Great Beast” and “The Wickedest Man in the World”, Crowley was a powerful magician, poet, prophet and famed occultist.
He was also a one-time witch, though most of the elders of the craft would discredit him the title.

I won't read anymore of this, to off for me.............

This is the "Mr. Crowley" that Ozzie sang about. :)

Let me come out and say I am not very fond of Clint. I approached him at Hailey's Bridge to talk to him and he brushed me off. I have since realized it was probably because I didn't have a TV camera in my hand. In defense of Billie, she has a pretty stable work history..Clint? Not so much. It's just a feeling I get from him and his girlfriend and jmo.

Respectfully redcat, I think they both dropped the ball in the parenting department. :(

Yes, small-town Texans tend to be that way. No rush, no hurry, always chit-chatting each other up in the grocery store, food places, etc. It's a much slower-paced life.

Then I am thinking prehaps part of Billies percieved problem on Nancy Grace is that she doesn't know HOW to talk in short "sound bite" sentances. It almost seems at times she is trying to think up something.... when she may really be trying not to ramble and " take the long way around" I can only imagine that would be VERY difficult. As difficult as, it would be for me, to talk like Kampfer

Gotta go with a no here, but let me explain. I live in Texas but have lived a lot of other places, and talk very very very fast. People never understand me. I believe that living in Orange County, California contributed to that speech pattern. My DD - talks very fast as well. She's lived in Texas since she was in 2nd grade. DS - not as fast as us. My lil one - 9yo - the only "native Texan" of my family - talks fast and will because of who he is around. It just depends too on where you live -- like some people seem to talk more slower and countryish to me - but they do the same in Illinois where I grew up.

Tone is another thing. DD moved to Fargo area to go to school. Wow - do they stare at us there. We talk so fast and are so "loud" but not really loud, its just in comparison to how they are there - know what I mean??

But to narrow this down - no, not many people that I come in contact with here in the Big D area have that drawl or heavy accent or slow speech.

Ole Pete, I have said this before, he LOVES to hear himself talk and likes to use big words to show everyone how smart he is...can ya tell I don't care much for the man..lol? :innocent:

When I saw him whip out his cell phone to take pics of all the media at the press conference...I knew I didn't care for him much either.

Okay after reading what was printed out by BD in the Jan 6, 2011 Search Warrant Affadativ...........the common stuff I found.
Dark occult, witchcraft
Sadistic
Torture
SAws, Axe,Knives, Guns,
Rape, sexual deviant
Crimes against young women
Pre meditated murder
serial killers
ABUSE
29 pages of Insane clown Posse, Juggalo,Juggalets,Death,psychopathic records/lyrics
afterlife and axes...........very , very scarey........drugs, funerals..........sick.
JMOO

When I was there, I really didn't pay much attention to anything but Billie. But I don't recall seeing anything Christmasy up or around. The house was very neat and she had candles in the corner with Hailey's pics around them. I was a nervous wreck but I wished I would have paid better attention..
Thank you.

When was the first time you were in the house? What DATE? Its interesting that IF Xmas decos were up that they sure came down and got put away really quick-like.

Ok ok ok - I'm gonna fess up here. I'm just now getting ready to "finally" put my Xmas away. lol Yes, everything is down. But my tree just came down last Sunday! My b-day is a wekk after New Year's and we've always just let the stuff up.

But IF one of my children had gone missing - 2 days after Xmas - you can bet taking those dern lights down and the tree and everything else that's out - down and put away would be the VERY LAST thing on my mind. It would sit.

Now, we've beat the NYE party into the ground. NYE usually still has Xmas decos surrounding it. Were the decos at BD's already down? Why? Because her daughter is missing and she doesn't feel its appropriate to have them up?

I guess what I want to know is if BD's house showed any signs of Christmas? A tree in the window? Lites? There are children in the house and it was Christmas time.

If there were signs of Christmas - then when did those decorations come down? Did anyone see who took them down?

This is just a niggle that has been niggling me for the last couple of days now.

Linda, as a born and bred Texan, I must say - absolutely not!

Kampfer reminds me of a guy I once served on our school board with - his speech and emails were full of redundancies, malapropisms, and awkward grammar. It wasn't because he was a Texan, but because he thought it made him sound professional and intelligent.

How funny! He reminds me of a school superintendent we used to have. I went in to see him over an issue I was having, and he proceeded to go on for 20 minutes about nothing but irrelevancies. When that didn't phase me, he started throwing Bible verses at me. ??

No, this is not a Texas thang.

When I saw him whip out his cell phone to take pics of all the media at the press conference...I knew I didn't care for him much either.

Oh Linda, didn't you know? That's an old FBI trick! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member