TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

See UPDATE 10:00 PM January 5, 2011

Wednesday afternoon Billie told CBS 7 that her boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, was with authorities taking a polygraph test.

City Manager Pete Kampfer said he heard the same thing but that he could not confirm the information.

However, at about 8:00pm, Hailey’s older brother DD told our CBS 7 crew that Shawn had refused to take two polygraph tests Wednesday.

DD says that Shawn signed the paperwork to take a third but then refused to take it and left the building.

According to DD, the Dunn family and police had not seen Shawn since that last polygraph refusal.

Hailey’s two uncles corroborated that story but police are not releasing information about any polygraph tests at this time.

Hailey’s uncle Dale says he took a polygraph test and passed it and added that Billie may have taken one Wednesday night as well.

As of 8:00pm Wednesday night, Billie Jean Dunn was not at her home and her family believed she was in downtown Colorado City with law enforcement authorities.

You know, thinking about it, how did DD know that SA refused two polys and walked out on a third? Hailey's two uncles confirmed it too. And the affidavits confirm this. So you'd think that if they knew, BD knew too? Yet she says that she was told he failed his poly before she took hers? She knows full well that he refused two polygraphs and walked out on a third.

Yes Misty was named a Key and never has had the "suspect" attached by LE. Gotta wonder if it is the difference in Police Departments.

As I was just reading the Affidavit again I noticed that at first Shawn's mother gave permission for her computer to be searched. That computer was picked up by LE on December 30. On January 5 Investigators were informed that she was on the way to pick up her computer. They immediately placed the computer into evidence and stopped downloading information.

So my question is this? Does that correlate (January 5, 2011) to the day Shawn hired an attorney?

I wondered that also about the computer Grandmaj!

Hailey Dunn Case - Hailey's father passing out flyers on Mexican border

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwlYXZ4X14I[/ame]

From the search warrant Affidavit, SA volunteered for examination on three occasions. He showed up for the first 2 but walked out and refused to cooperate. He took the 3rd polygraph. The 1st phase of it showed deception indicated and goes on to say that means he failed on the section asking questions about knowing the whereabouts of HD.
The 2nd phase was when he made the positive indication that she was in Scurry County.
He walked out of the 3rd phase.

Just a reminder on polygraphs:
- the Courts have found that they are not scientific and cannot be used as evidence.
- Gary Ridgway, the Green River Killer, passed a polygraph.
- Aldrich Ames, spy for the Soviet Union, passed polygraphs.
- Bill Wegerle, who was falsely convicted of killing his wife (actually killed by BTK), failed a polygraph twice.

I agree with what you're saying but I just want to clarify that Bill Wegerle did fail the polygraph twice but he was never charged with the killing of his wife because there wasn't enough evidence against him. Eighteen years later, it was determined that she was killed by BTK.

What day did BD say she had SA leave the home? Was that the 5th of Jan also?
TIA

What day did BD say she had SA leave the home? Was that the 5th of Jan also?
TIA

Yes, I do believe so. On January 6 NG she said that she told SA to leave after learning he failed his poly.

In the article I posted on page 1, for news on January 5th:

According to DD, the Dunn family and police had not seen Shawn since that last polygraph refusal.

I agree with what you're saying but I just want to clarify that Bill Wegerle did fail the polygraph twice but he was never charged with the killing of his wife because there wasn't enough evidence against him. Eighteen years later, it was determined that she was killed by BTK.

I feel deeply for he and his family having to live those eighteen years with the doubts this cast.

Of course, this would have been just as bad if he had refused to take the poly.

I suppose there just IS no peace when a loved one has been murdered. *sad*

Thank you Curiousc :)
I am still trying to catch up and remembered the computer, but didn't realize this all went down in the same 24-36 +/- day.

Shawn's polygraphs:

Poly #1 - Dec 31 - couldn't take because he took Ativan the night before

Poly #2 - Jan 03 - couldn't take again because he again took Ativan the night before

Poly #3 - Jan 05 -

Phase #1 - indicated he was deceptive regarding knowing Hailey whereabouts

Phase #2 - positive indication that Hailey was in Scurry County

Phase #3 - intented to refine Hailey's location in Scurry County. During this phase of Poly #3, Shawn refused to complete the test, and walked out the PD. Called his aunt to take him to his grandmother's house.

LE tells Billie that Shawn failed his poly, and she tells LE she wants him out of the house.

Billie then fails her poly, and "doesn't know what to think".

I think the logical flow would be that:

Billie walks out of her poly, and goes home, at about 8pm. That would have started her test at about 10am to make 10 hours, and sounds like a good timeframe.

Shawn's not there. D tells the Texas Rangers that Shawn has "bolted".

Shawn is found at his grandmother's house - probably by LE/Rangers.

Shawn is probably too chickensh.. scared to answer his phone to Billie's calls, hence the panic that Shawn has "bolted".

I don't think Billie ever told Shawn to leave - I think he was long gone when she got home.

Then when he was located at his grandma's house, finally he talked to her on the phone. Maybe she told him not to come back because LE was actin' funny. Maybe he said he didn't want to come back because the Rangers were there. Who knows?

When you have a group like the Innocence Project which operates on a national basis and has a backlog of cases to me it says that we have a problem with the judicial system in our country . The truth of the matter is that we have men and women who are sitting in prisons that are actually innocent of the crimes that they have been convicted of .The beginning of every investigation starts with a conversation between LE and the suspect.
When I found out that SA hired an attorney it didnt come as a shock nor did it mean in my opinion that he was guilty of anything at all .Like it or not the truth of the matter is that there isnt a single person in this entire investigation who has to speak to LE without an attorney present if at all .Its a common misconception that only guilty people or people with something to hide will hire an attorney.For my family and friends ,they are all advised to never talk to LE without an attorney present and if they have to interact with LE at all they are to say very little.You have to remember that their job is to build a case

Shawn's polygraphs:

Poly #1 - Dec 31 - couldn't take because he took Ativan the night before

Poly #2 - Jan 03 - couldn't take again because he again took Ativan the night before

Poly #3 - Jan 05 -

Phase #1 - indicated he was deceptive regarding knowing Hailey whereabouts

Phase #2 - positive indication that Hailey was in Scurry County

Phase #3 - intented to refine Hailey's location in Scurry County. During this phase of Poly #3, Shawn refused to complete the test, and walked out the PD. Called his aunt to take him to his grandmother's house.

LE tells Billie that Shawn failed his poly, and she tells LE she wants him out of the house.

Billie then fails her poly, and "doesn't know what to think".

I think the logical flow would be that:

Billie walks out of her poly, and goes home, at about 8pm. That would have started her test at about 10am to make 10 hours, and sounds like a good timeframe.

Shawn's not there. D tells the Texas Rangers that Shawn has "bolted".

Shawn is found at his grandmother's house - probably by LE/Rangers.

Shawn is probably too chickensh.. scared to answer his phone to Billie's calls, hence the panic that Shawn has "bolted".

I don't think Billie ever told Shawn to leave - I think he was long gone when she got home.

Then when he was located at his grandma's house, finally he talked to her on the phone. Maybe she told him not to come back because LE was actin' funny. Maybe he said he didn't want to come back because the Rangers were there. Who knows?

Wait a sec... isn't this the point you and I have been going around and around about all day?
:waitasec:
IIRC, she left the police station at midnight, after 10 hours there. I know we heard this from cz, but do not know for sure if there is another source.

About the polygraphs and CD not taking one...

I do not recall any MSM reference insinuating that LE only asked BD and SA to take a poly and not CD. In contrast, from everything I've seen /read, and according to BD herself---BD and SA OFFERED to take a poly, as did CD. Just so happens SA and BD took theirs first and after the results...well, IMO LE didn't see a need to administer one to CD; since BD and SA OFFERED and FAILED - they sorta hung themselves.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/12/ng.01.html

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

Alot of people faile polygraphs due to being nervous or anxiety. It doesn't mean they murdered anybody.That is why they are inadmissable in court.

Wait a sec... isn't this the point you and I have been going around and around about all day?
IIRC, she left the police station at midnight, after 10 hours there. I know we heard this from cz, but do not know for sure if there is another source.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=330806
Dunn explained to Priscilla that she had been questioned for 10 hours and repeatedly asked if she know what led to the disappearance of her daughter. At a certain point, Dunn said she felt they weren't getting any closer to finding Hailey at that moment, and since it was after midnight, she decided to call it quits.

I don't recall talking about her leaving the PD at all with you today.

What is it you're looking for a source for? I'm happy to help.

ETA: In fact, how 'bout you give me some links to the posts where "you and I have been going around and around about" this "all day". This is ridiculous.

Why after all this time, is BD still being discussed? Is there any news on Hailey's disappearance? Isn't that why we are here? Just asking.
im thinkin cause we can.... just as some discuss other possibilities after LE has named a suspect....

imo...sleuthing=why we are here....

Ah, LisaB, you didn't put BBM and I didn't see what you're red was about. I thought you were talking about the time she left.

I didn't say LE used those exact words - "failed the poly". I'd moved on to another topic. I'm not returning to it. It's just not important enough to me.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=330806
Dunn explained to Priscilla that she had been questioned for 10 hours and repeatedly asked if she know what led to the disappearance of her daughter. At a certain point, Dunn said she felt they weren't getting any closer to finding Hailey at that moment, and since it was after midnight, she decided to call it quits.

Thank you, Ransom. I hadn't see a time before. That's good info.

:bump: Bumping with a prayer for Hailey and Family that she is found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong