TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
\

I hope you are right, but I wonder why they cannot make an arrest until they find a body. does that mean they don't think she is dead? I am familiar with little town LE, they don't have the experience or the knowledge to solve something like this. I have asked over and over if the FBI is still there and I get no answer. I am glad that you are satisfied with the information LE is putting out, but I am not. what makes you think it is moving along? tia

Satisfied? Hellz no, I want to see their case file and read all their notes. :floorlaugh: But I can't. I too am familiar with small town LE, very familiar. From the officers, to the sheriff to the Judges and JP's. Even some DPS guys. They know when to reach out, and they did.

Sure they want to find her body, that's a no brainer. But they will go forward without it if they have no other choice. We get impatient because there is not major news daily. This isn't CSI, it does not work that way. SA's not going anywhere. The only hurry is to find the body before the evidence is lost.

LE was searching this weekend, I'm sure there have been lots of searches we don't know about. And lots of search warrants we don't know about. The hometown media is not digging for this stuff, there are just sitting back waiting for BD to say something else.......not good reporting.

\

I hope you are right, but I wonder why they cannot make an arrest until they find a body. does that mean they don't think she is dead? I am familiar with little town LE, they don't have the experience or the knowledge to solve something like this. I have asked over and over if the FBI is still there and I get no answer. I am glad that you are satisfied with the information LE is putting out, but I am not. what makes you think it is moving along? tia

Sometimes there are forensics that prove someone is deceased but the body cannot be located. The prosecutor needs to take something in front of a jury that shows this because there are other possibilities with a missing person that can be used as a defense. The burden of proof for any criminal charges fall on the state. Suspicion and accusations aren't proof of anything.

MCK16, IMO, the case is moving along. LE and volunteers are still looking for Hailey and this week they are testing the socks found for DNA.

Thanks for that! :) I'm a little down today, but these searches really do give me hope, and the fact that they found evidence might just solve the case.

Sometimes there are forensics that prove someone is deceased but the body cannot be located. The prosecutor needs to take something in front of a jury that shows this because there are other possibilities with a missing person that can be used as a defense. The burden of proof for any criminal charges fall on the state. Suspicion and accusations aren't proof of anything.

But Casey was arrested and imprisoned before Caylee was found though so obviously a body isnt always necessary.

if BD names someone - does that mean it is her opinion or someone the police are looking in to?

BBM

mck, it's possible that LE has evidence that they have reason to believe is linked to Hailey's death, however until a body is recovered they don't feel they can prove a direct link...

And while I am definitely NOT satisfied with the information that LE is putting out, I'm trying to remain confident that they must have something truly significant in order to come out and name SA as a suspect.

Don't know to what extent FBI is still participating in the investigation, but I do know that Sparky Dean is no longer on the case.

thank you and I am going to try to also remain confident. I feel like they must have something I just want them to do something with it. I can't tell you the visual I have of that squad room. thanks for the good post.

But Casey was arrested and imprisoned before Caylee was found though so obviously a body isnt always necessary.
but they had forensics...

hoping they have some/enough in this case.... ((to include phone pings))

ICA was indicted bya Grand Jury - plus LE had evidence of decomposition in her car. That's enough to take to the Grand Jury.

Thanks for that! :) I'm a little down today, but these searches really do give me hope, and the fact that they found evidence might just solve the case.

Also the fact the case is being brought to a Grand Jury is a good sign.

I'd find it comforting to know that FBI and Texas Rangers are still on the case...if anyone knows. Why no Sparky? :(

As far as proceeding without finding Hailey, it is really difficult to do, especially for a person who has been missing a relatively short time. I don't think LE should have even mentioned that as yet, about needing to find a body. That makes it sound as though they will do nothing unless H is found, and may give incentive for the person responsible to make sure Hailey is never found, an incentive to hide her "even better" so to speak.

if BD names someone to the media and LE is not standing there nodding yes and holding her hand than it is HER OPINION....

moo

I only make that BIG because we cannot be sleuthing people just spouted off willy nilly... and I am 'fraid what is gonna happen if she names any names....

moo

(someone get me a barn... I feel like a heifer all this mooing!!!!)

ah ok sorry :( i thought it was to do with Caylee cos her dad was at the Grand Jury thing wasnt he?

Yeah, they went to the GJ, but they had her for check charges first. Kinda like ZB's step mom, they have her for obstruction of justice and now bigamy (?) And remember the mention of lying to the FBI the other day, we may see charges along those lines first.

\

I think I can explain this.

In the absence of an extremely bloody crime scene, which leaves no doubt that a victim is dead, a body is required.

We have witnessed some of those cases here ourselves.

Casey Anthony was charged with child neglect before the trunk of her car was tested. It was then changed to murder.

The 3 boys missing from their dads home. Their dad is charged with kidnapping.

Laci Petersons murderer wasn't charged until after her body was found.

LE can't take 'hinky' to court. They need to prove that an accused committed a particular crime. They need to name that crime before laying charges.

Since we are a cross section of 'potential jury pool' here, it is a good example of how, without proof that she is dead, there are those who believe or even hope that she is still alive.

A guilty verdict would be impossible with what WE know so far.

I am a personal example, I opine here that BD and SA are involved to varying degrees, but in a court of law, and with what we know, I'd have to say Not Guilty.

I'd find it comforting to know that FBI and Texas Rangers are still on the case...if anyone knows. Why no Sparky? :(

As far as proceeding without finding Hailey, it is really difficult to do, especially for a person who has been missing a relatively short time. I don't think LE should have even mentioned that as yet, about needing to find a body. That makes it sound as though they will do nothing unless H is found, and may give incentive for the person responsible to make sure Hailey is never found, an incentive to hide her "even better" so to speak.

Sparky is more of the Rangers info Officer, I think, he moves to what ever case they are working one that needs him......I know when you google him, that seems to be what he does anyway......lol.

Also the fact the case is being brought to a Grand Jury is a good sign.

YUP YUP!!!!!

The Mitchell County district attorney is working to build a case in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn to hand over to a grand jury, Michell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs said. But right now, there isn't enough evidence to arrest the only named suspect, Shawn Adkins.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=334596

eta: they will look to the grand jury for the indictment(s)... then they will make an arrest
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members