TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd things to say from yesterdays press conference:

"That said, I want to start out by saying that there was no blowout on Christmas. There were no arguments or disagreements. Everyone was getting along fine. Everyone pretty much got exactly what they asked for."

I am a person who has always thought there was something that happened, some kind of incident on the 26th and I never thought it was because somebody didn't like what Santa brought them.

"When my ride didn’t show up, I called her to see what was keeping her. I peeked in at Hailey because I’m used to seeing her asleep on the couch. She wasn’t there. I remembered ‘oh yeah, she’s in her room’. I peeked in and it was dark, but her TV was on, and it definitely pacified me. I didn’t touch her, but I seen my daughter and felt good. I came in the living room to wait on my ride."

This goes along with what BD said on NG, about "easing her mind". Those words were not twisted or edited, it is what she said and I have always thought it to be a red flag.

"I told David to give the phone to Clint. After telling Clint how worried I was, I told him I was going to get a ride home and report Hailey missing to police. I asked him to call the P.D. and let them know that I was coming. He agreed to make the call, but for some reason he never did."

Okay, she gets DD to text MB and then he lets BD know that HD did not spend the night there...and from that she is heading to the police station to make a missing persons report. Things that make me go hmmmm. BD had access to a phone at work. What would you do? Me, I would have called MB's house to speak to MB's mother asap. From there I would be calling other friend's houses. I would be getting frantic, probably mad thinking my daughter had went somewhere else instead of MB's. I wouldn't think that she was a missing person right away.

There's more but I am getting carpel tunnel from this case.

very good questions indeed...the only thing I can think of with why didn't BD call MB from work...maybe she didn't have the phone number? Maybe personal calls are limited/monitored, etc.

No offense taken.

She said to find out if she was there and to tell her to come home. Why would he need to find out if she was there? Where else would she be.

When SA said she went to her friends, she didn't call or text to 'find out if she was there'?

Despite being 'upset that she hadn't been told directly, or left a note' (which was the norm) she didn't call or text before going to bed.

I am familiar with dialects and 'turns of phrase'. And it's okay that we disagree on this point. BD is not a great communicator so I have allowed lots of things to slip by as patterns of speech.

In the words of a famous Sesame Street song, and with regards to the passage I quoted "one of these things is not like the others --- one of these things just doesn't belong"

Again - why would you need to see or find out if she was there? Where else would you expect her to be?

BBM

I took it to mean she was making sure they were at home...maybe Hailey went with MB and her family out to eat, run errands, etc. Our son has a best friend that spends the night alot with us, and sometimes the next morning we take him along with us to run errands, go to the grocery store or wherever.

Could BD be charged with child neglect for allowing her children to be exposed to SA?
Living here and there?

She is saying that she was upset because Hailey had not called to let her know that she told Shawn she was spending the night with a friend. Not that Hailey was confirming Shawn told Billie that... confirming that Hailey had told Shawn that.

Another one of those Texan-speak things.

Billie was noticably nervous yesterday, but I can understand her very well. So can't we just accept what she said and not try to decipher hidden meanings behind everything? I know there might be some inconsistencies on certain details, but if her speech pattern is not exactly perfect.. that doesn't mean she's a liar.

No, I can't just accept what she said as having various meanings with which members imbue them. I insist on thinking for myself.

I don't, however, look for hidden meanings in what anyone says. Things that don't make sense to me grab my attention. Sometimes I post about them.

It's what we do here. When people appear in the media, and say things, we observe and discuss what they say.

Billie was noticably nervous yesterday, but I can understand her very well. So can't we just accept what she said and not try to decipher hidden meanings behind everything? I know there might be some inconsistencies on certain details, but if her speech pattern is not exactly perfect.. that doesn't mean she's a liar.

respectfully snipped

I'm not trying to decipher "hidden meanings", but I do continue to be perplexed by her constant stream of inconsistencies.

I thought that this presser was supposed to clear up those inconsistencies, not create new ones. :waitasec:

If she used a debit card, it would automatically be registered with online banking. So she could print that out to show the times she rented.

The only receipt I get from redbox is via email. The redbox here doesn't spit out a receipt. Here is one, copy and pasted from my email account. I of course redacted where I returned it, but that is on it as well.

Return Details
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title: Despicable Me
Barcode: 461982478
Transaction ID: 966197922
Invoice #: 68999130GXX6R64C
Rent Date: 1/27/2011 6:01:33 PM
Return Date: 1/29/2011 8:28:10 PM
Total Nights: 2
Return Location: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Questions? Comments? Contact redbox Customer Service
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call redbox Toll-Free: 1.866.733.2693
Submit an Email: http://www.redbox.com/Help/Contact.aspx
Read the FAQ: http://www.redbox.com/Help/Faq.aspx

honestly, I don't think whether she calls it a house or a home makes any difference whatsoever. To me, it's kind of like a dialect. We speak English in this country (or mostly, anyway)...but look at all the different accents. There are also different ways of saying the same thing...for instance, people down south "mash" their buttons. When I first heard that, I thought people were taking hammers to their phone buttons. Here, we "push" buttons....

JMO IMO :cow:
:floorlaugh: Only thing I would even dream of mashing would be potatoes!

Just a few things......

My huband's big boss flew in from Houston yesterday morning. He was at our home last night and he talked completely educated and normal. No circles or going on and on... nothing like that. SO I don't think this miscommunication stuff has anything to do with whether a person is from TX or not.

rsbbm:

we have a good friend from Kentucky...to hear him tell one story is to hear him tell at least 3 others...so that we can get the viewpoint. He will start out talking about one thing, which to understand that, you have to understand this, but the story behind that is this...and then he always brings it full circle and finishes his first story. But it takes FOREVER, lol. I must say, I am guilty of that as well. Perhaps it's how we learn to tell a story when we're children, or it's thought patterns...

Does he come daily or weekly? Do you wear the same pair again if they aren't too dirty? How many extra pairs do you have? Are your names stitched in them so only you wear them? Sorry, just so very curious.... :) TIA

Ok, our uniform guy just came and I asked him what his procedure is if he was to find a garment that had a stain. He said he would first ask the manager about it to see if they knew what the stain was. If no one knew for sure what it was, then he would either ask the person to wash it on their own or the uniform company could dispose of it. If it was for sure blood, then they would bag it and dispose of it and charge for a replacement garment. And like I said earlier, if one was to slip through and go into the cleaning cycle, the high water temps plus the chemicals would wash all of it out.

Our company has a contract to where they come once a week and collect the dirty clothes and return the clean clothes. The number of clothes you get is up to how the company has their contract with the vendor. Each one of our employees gets 13 sets (one pant and one shirt= a set) that way they have 6 sets in rotation plus the one they are wearing. As far as the names on the clothes, a lot of companies have "tags" that are either sewn on or glued on with the company logo over one pocket and the person's name over the other pocket.

Hope this doesn't confuse anyone.

rsbbm:

we have a good friend from Kentucky...to hear him tell one story is to hear him tell at least 3 others...so that we can get the viewpoint. He will start out talking about one thing, which to understand that, you have to understand this, but the story behind that is this...and then he always brings it full circle and finishes his first story. But it takes FOREVER, lol. I must say, I am guilty of that as well. Perhaps it's how we learn to tell a story when we're children, or it's thought patterns...

DeepThinker, I think you hit it on the head with "tell a story".

MOO

No offense taken.

She said to find out if she was there and to tell her to come home. Why would he need to find out if she was there? Where else would she be.

When SA said she went to her friends, she didn't call or text to 'find out if she was there'?

Despite being 'upset that she hadn't been told directly, or left a note' (which was the norm) she didn't call or text before going to bed.

I am familiar with dialects and 'turns of phrase'. And it's okay that we disagree on this point. BD is not a great communicator so I have allowed lots of things to slip by as patterns of speech.

In the words of a famous Sesame Street song, and with regards to the passage I quoted "one of these things is not like the others --- one of these things just doesn't belong"

Again - why would you need to see or find out if she was there? Where else would you expect her to be?

Probably because she knew it was possible that Hailey might leave her friend's house and go to another friend's house without getting permission or letting anyone else know.

I live in a large neighborhood. I live on one side of the lake and my 13 year old son's best friend lives almost across the lake on the other side. They have another friend that lives a little further than the best friend. My son is allowed to ride his bike to his best friend's house, but is not allowed to go to the other friend's house because it's just too far from home and honestly, I just don't like that other kid's family.
However, he likes to try to bend the rules on this by riding to the other friend's house from his best friend's house. He knows that if he calls me, I will automatically say no and make him come home, so he does whatever he wants and lets the chips fall when I find him.

My point is, I know my son and I know his history. I know if I call his BF's house and he's not there, that he's most likely gone to another friend's house.
Then it's up to me to track his little butt down. I might even have his older brother start tracking him down too.

very good questions indeed...the only thing I can think of with why didn't BD call MB from work...maybe she didn't have the phone number? Maybe personal calls are limited/monitored, etc.

BD could have called DD back and asked for MB's number. BD could have checked the phone book to see if the family was listed there.
If her calls were monitored or limited from work that didn't stop her from calling DD.

I am just thinking from my own perspective as a parent. I would have thought "what do you mean she is not at MB's house and wasn't there". Trust me, I would have been dialing MB's as soon as I hung up so that I could speak to an adult.

Probably because she knew it was possible that Hailey might leave her friend's house and go to another friend's house without getting permission or letting anyone else know.

I live in a large neighborhood. I live on one side of the lake and my 13 year old son's best friend lives almost across the lake on the other side. They have another friend that lives a little further than the best friend. My son is allowed to ride his bike to his best friend's house, but is not allowed to go to the other friend's house because it's just too far from home and honestly, I just don't like that other kid's family.
However, he likes to try to bend the rules on this by riding to the other friend's house from his best friend's house. He knows that if he calls me, I will automatically say no and make him come home, so he does whatever he wants and lets the chips fall when I find him.

My point is, I know my son and I know his history. I know if I call his BF's house and he's not there, that he's most likely gone to another friend's house.
Then it's up to me to track his little butt down. I might even have his older brother start tracking him down too.

Would you think right away that your kid was a "missing person"?

LE doesn't have to tell us what they found as evidence so they can convict the perp(s)
BUT I think the public deserves a presser to assure them that this is an isolated case (or not) and there is no harm to the community.
Clear up a coulpe of these inconsistancies..............
seems like it is all circles.......theirs that I believe and BD's circles that I do not. JMOO

Has she ever said "I went to MB's house to speak with her and her mom" I haven't seen it. Wouldn't it make sense to go there first and find out the scoop from MB about when she last saw or spoke to Hailey? It nags me bigtime.

CG said:
The first time she saw Hailey's mother was on television, ...

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

I could see an issue if she didn't go by to speak to MB. We don't know if she did or didn't.

However, we also don't know if MB's mother works during the day. Is she a stay at home mom? If not, then I find it reasonable that she didn't speak to her mother before filing the report.

BD could have called DD back and asked for MB's number. BD could have checked the phone book to see if the family was listed there.
If her calls were monitored or limited from work that didn't stop her from calling DD.

I am just thinking from my own perspective as a parent. I would have thought "what do you mean she is not at MB's house and wasn't there". Trust me, I would have been dialing MB's as soon as I hung up so that I could speak to an adult.

ITA

just tryin' to get in her head and think the way she thinks...

I really have to laugh at the train of thought that the reason she is misunderstood is because she is from Texas. We're not a third world country peeps. She's not even making sense to other Texans............

It seems to me that BD almost went out of her way not to call MB's mother...is there some history there, I wonder? I mean, who would be the first logical person to call? I can see wanting to talk to MB as well, but I think the mother of the other child would be a given. Did Billie know that MB was forbidden by her mom to stay at Billie's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288