TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #57

Discussion in 'Hailey Dunn Reference and Timeline Forum' started by imamaze, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salvarenga

salvarenga New Member

Just getting caught up....but I wanted to bring this post of yours back around.....from thread #33, post #448

So has your opinion of Kampfer changed and you now consider him a reliable source of information since he is clearing BD as a POI? :waitasec:

2. Quiche

Quiche Well-Known Member

I agree-- but we've heard that Hailey doesn't have good coverage in the region-- not enough posters in store windows, etc. There is so much she could be doing. mo

3. redcat

redcat Former Member

Thank you...yes we still have media in the area.

4. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

where is hailey dunn.. she obviously did not run away or abscond with someone. something happened to her..

as to the searchers dedicating all their available hours to finding her... the only word that comes to my mind is warm.. and dedicated.

the only thing cold in texas is the temperature.

moo

5. lynnb

lynnb New Member

I, for one, have to say that I've been very impressed with the community of CC thru all this. They are still out there searching after 5 weeks. But unfortunately, IMO, as time goes by, there will be less searchers. And I don't think the searchers will stop coming because of something someone said or did. It's just the way it is. These people are volunteers and have given whatever spare time they could in the last 5 weeks. But I think it is inevitable that most of them will slowly return to their own home lifes. All IMO.

6. daisy7

daisy7 Retired WS Staff

I'm curious how the uncle could know that SA watched these types of movies daily. Was he with SA every day?

7. Soulmagent

Soulmagent Well-Known Member

8. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

That's horrifying to me. God, I wish I had the health to come out there and search myself.

And there are all the resources of TES could be brought in to bear. God, I remember people going to FL from across the whole country to search for Caylee for TES.

9. Wise Old Owl

Wise Old Owl Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL

Could you explain further please? Lines have been drawn. What lines? Whether or not to search for Hailey? How could a 13 year old girl NOT be looked for? What does it matter WHO has said WHAT and who is a suspect at this time?

Please explain - lines have been drawn? What are the two sides?

10. belimom

belimom Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn

Redcat, I mean this with all due respect. But what specific rumor could stop people from searching for a missing 13-yr-old girl? I really find it hard to believe that someone would take sides and say "Well that's it - I'm not looking for Hailey any more." :waitasec:

11. TxLady2

TxLady2 Well-Known Member

I assume the reporter asked Kampfer what her status was, and he confirmed that she is not a POI. That's as good as a direct quote. Most reporters would not write something like that if they had not spoken directly to the person.

I believe the sentence was, ".... ruled out AS a person of interest." Which means she is not a POI at this time. That could change at some point, but for now, she is not under suspicion, IF Kampfer knows what he's talking about and was given the okay to make that statement.

12. concernedmother

concernedmother Well-Known Member

Are there any state parks close to any of the ping areas?

13. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

jmhoo but in the little town I come from I can see it happening easily and actually did happen in the case of my little friend, Tina Marie Harmon, who was abducted from our small town, raped and murdered and left tied up behind an oil well.

yes it does happen.

people thought that Tina's family was shady.. heck... they were... but in the end it turned up to be a complete stranger that did this...

once our community heard she was missing people wanted to help.. but everyone thought she ran away or did something bad...

this is the way words spread in small towns...especailly if you come from a family that doesn't live in the victorian house on the main street of town. this is just the way it is.

so yes, I agree with redcat that opinions in this small town could affect and effect the search.

ABSOLUTELY

moo

14. redcat

redcat Former Member

I agree...

15. tehcloser

tehcloser New Member

Big Spring State Park. About 6 minutes away from SA'a mother's house.

16. lynnb

lynnb New Member

I haven't followed very many cases actively, but now I am curious about something and maybe some veteran sleuthers can answer for me... what is the norm for volunteer searchers to keep searching for a missing child? What have you seen in the past? weeks? months? years?

17. concernedmother

concernedmother Well-Known Member

Wonder if there have been any searches there?

18. Velouria

Velouria Active Member

I suppose it's as good as a direct quote if you want to believe she has been completely cleared by LE. But it's not the same thing.

This would hardly be the first instance of confusing or contradictory reporting in this case. Not by a longshot.

Whether the report says BD has been cleared, ruled out, is not a person of interest, not a suspect, etc. - she could still be arrested at any time, as could any of the players in this case.

19. tehcloser

tehcloser New Member

Ya know, I read something about a search there, at the request of LE I believe, but I don't remember where I read it......lol.

20. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

No, to me, if someone won't search for a defenseless child because of a rumor about their parent, that's cold hearted. My opinion.

All the searchers I know search regardless of the people who surrounded the child. They care about the child, and that's it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.