TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

I always wondered WHY! Did she know something? Was she raped? He was so odd. Games he played. Billie seemed like she didn’t care. I hope Hailey gets her justice.

Last edited:
Pretrial May 26th and the actual Trial slated for June 28th in Mitchell County.

Question: If the parents are going to be called as witnesses to testify, are they not allowed in the court room?
Usually they don't allow witnesses to sit in the courtroom----EXCEPT when the witnesses are parents of the victims. I have seen the judge make exceptions in their case because they obviously want to see the proceedings.

I think it may depend upon whether the judge believes one of the parents would be influenced by the other testimony before they gave their testimony.

In this specific case it could be problematic for Billie to testify as well as see all the trial because of her very close association with the defendant. Some might even think she should be sitting next to him at the defendant's table...:oops:

Usually they don't allow witnesses to sit in the courtroom----EXCEPT when the witnesses are parents of the victims. I have seen the judge make exceptions in their case because they obviously want to see the proceedings.

I think it may depend upon whether the judge believes one of the parents would be influenced by the other testimony before they gave their testimony.

In this specific case it could be problematic for Billie to testify as well as see all the trial because of her very close association with the defendant. Some might even think she should be sitting next to him at the defendant's table...:oops:
BBM: Yes

Reactions: byo
Anyone hear anything official about the trial date being moved and not even happening this year?

Anyone hear anything official about the trial date being moved and not even happening this year?
Wth? Just read that on who killed Hailey. Complete crap. Yes we deserve an update and a timely court schedule. I want to know why Haileys death means so little to the ones in charge of defending her! I understand if physically and emotionally her father can't address this but wheres her mother screaming for justice?? Oh yea for a second i forgot who the egg donor is. Okay where are any of Haileys relatives that want justice for her murder?? Adult siblings? Aunts uncles? Cousins?
We are here for her. I wish i wasn't so helpless

I have wondered if it has to due with the fact that more should have been charged, and now his lawyers are using that...just a thought

I saw the article too, I also saw the Mod post on the WKHD page. She said CD is relieved that the case will now be handled by the State. Did we know that?

Nothing new...just a recap 1 year after SA's arrest.

Seems surreal that its been a year and absolutely no movement in this case. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten out just based on it moving this slowly like it violates his rights or something. I'm glad he's not out just can't believe the lack of forward movement. And not a word from her egg donor about it all??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back