Found Deceased TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^bbm

That part is very perplexing because if this alleged driver was an innocent person hired to drive the alleged mother MF that gave birth a couple of days earlier, I think they would have come forward already. And If there was an accomplice -- why would that person want HB dead? What was in it for them? I don't think women like HB are randomly killed by strangers. Not killed for the baby as MF had the baby. MOO
The only other person I can think of that would have a motive to kill HB would be someone who believed he was the biological father of the baby and wanted the baby. With HB dead, as the bio Dad he would get full custody. As long as he never got caught, that is.

She could have snuck in and poisoned some food she knew only the mother would consume... she could have done a helluva lot more to save her friend's life even if she felt compelled to steal her baby.
She didn't have to kill her. Heidi did not have to die for MF to have her baby. She has not been charged with murder. Yet.
She had access, it was merely a question of slipping in and out fast while Heidi had her eyes off the baby for 5 minutes.. She could have escaped for weeks if not longer had she chosen that route. And not been spotted.
She had access to Heidi's routine because they communicated frequently.
It would have been a no-brainer until the amber alert. She could have figured all of that out.. average time to issue an alert in various areas etc..
IF she killed her, WHY did she kill her is my elephant in the room here.
If Heidi knew MF had taken the baby, the only way MF could hope to keep the baby was by killing Heidi. And she certainly wanted to keep the baby.

I think MF is one of those people who has no ability to empathize or love. Incapable of guilt, zero conscience. Sparing HB’s life wouldn’t occur to her unless it somehow benefited her. And once she took the baby HB no longer had value as a “friend” since she’d recognize her own child if they ever visited again.

And I don’t think MF would be any more capable of loving the baby than she was Heidi or anyone else. She wanted the baby as a thing. As soon as Margo was old enough to have her own opinions MF would likely go into narcissistic rages. And possibly kill Margo too eventually.

MOO

Last edited:
Is more information other than the arrest warrants been released that I've missed? I did not know that law enforcement has done a follow-up and stated she was killed in the backseat.

I can’t find any info about HB being murdered in the backseat, nor can I find any supporting statement MF got back in the passenger door. Only that both doors closed.
Nothing mentioned whether MF walked around to the driver’s side or what actually occurred.
ETA: I am having trouble opening AA, so the last few times I’ve read media recap, wording is probably dif regarding the doors closing. Moo

Last edited:
Also - this is the weirdest thought - JUST A THOUGHT, so don't flame me, please ;): What if MF had not actually put Heidi in the trunk or even known she was there, if someone else had done that, and MF didn't use her car at all? What if MF had done the kidnapping part, not also wanting to kill her friend? Hard to figure out a disturbed mind, but maybe there was someone else out there who had done the worst part?

Not trying to protect her horrible actions at all - just trying to come up with all possibilities!
RSABBM
Not going to "flame" you at all @Alathea :) This thought has crossed my mind a number of times. I can't seem to come up with how that would have gone down, but it does niggle at me.

There are two main videos taken by a drone or helicopter circling the residence.........one in the afternoon when LE's presence first became known to reporters, and one the following morning after the arrest had been made. We've all seen this Inside Edition piece, which contains that first circling. At 0:29 seconds MG's legs can be seen in a chair on the patio, and a police officer wearing a cowboy hat is sitting with her. The dash of the car is plainly visible, and there is nothing on it. The pack of Marlboro cigarettes and the bag of Greenies Pill Pockets appeared AFTER that time.
My best guess is that MF opened the car to get her registration (remember she was arrested for overdue traffic tickets, too) placed her cigarette pack on the dash and perhaps removed the pill pockets bag from the jockey box to uncover her registration slip.
Once the officer got a whiff of the interior air of the car, I think he might have ordered MF to get out of it and leave everything it in, immediately. JMO
Inside Edition Heidi Broussard found - Bing video
Why would he be looking for her registration?

There are two main videos taken by a drone or helicopter circling the residence.........one in the afternoon when LE's presence first became known to reporters, and one the following morning after the arrest had been made. We've all seen this Inside Edition piece, which contains that first circling. At 0:29 seconds MG's legs can be seen in a chair on the patio, and a police officer wearing a cowboy hat is sitting with her. The dash of the car is plainly visible, and there is nothing on it. The pack of Marlboro cigarettes and the bag of Greenies Pill Pockets appeared AFTER that time.
My best guess is that MF opened the car to get her registration (remember she was arrested for overdue traffic tickets, too) placed her cigarette pack on the dash and perhaps removed the pill pockets bag from the jockey box to uncover her registration slip.
Once the officer got a whiff of the interior air of the car, I think he might have ordered MF to get out of it and leave everything it in, immediately. JMO
Inside Edition Heidi Broussard found - Bing video

I have looked and I cannot find the original video from the 19th with the aerial footage! I can find footage that has been cut to remove the part that shows the backyard and the vehicle though... weird!

There is a photo at this link, that clearly shows the dash and you are correct Dave, there is nothing there.

Body of Austin mom found in trunk of car at Houston-area home

upload_2020-1-19_13-23-39.jpeg

#27 says nothing about MF (or like person) returning to the passenger side, nor does it state the car “sped” off.
Is there a newer version of this I missed? Ty

Good points.

When trying to come up with all possibilities, sometimes I come up with some wild ideas.

Like: MF wasn't supposed to drive. She had issues with that legally, no? Maybe that's why she had gotten someone to drive when taking the baby?

Also - this is the weirdest thought - JUST A THOUGHT, so don't flame me, please ;): What if MF had not actually put Heidi in the trunk or even known she was there, if someone else had done that, and MF didn't use her car at all? What if MF had done the kidnapping part, not also wanting to kill her friend? Hard to figure out a disturbed mind, but maybe there was someone else out there who had done the worst part?

Not trying to protect her horrible actions at all - just trying to come up with all possibilities!

I think most of us have come up some wild thoughts and weird ideas in how all of this went down (even if we haven't posted them). You are not alone! :p

I am assuming (based on witness statements and CCTV), that MF's car WAS used. The question is why? MF knew that she had multiple previous charges related to six traffic tickets from April 2018, including expired registration, no driver's license on demand, driving while license invalid, failure to report change of address or name, expired driver's license and no car insurance. (Did she also drive her car to HB's multiple Dr's appointments and Margo's birth? HUGE risk on her part).

While I agree that there may be a second person involved, MF had to know that HB was in the vehicle at some point, I would think. I can't come up with any other scenario as to how she would have gotten Margo away from HB, while at the same time eliminating the threat of HB exposing her. IF there was a second person involved, is it possible she had something against someone and was able to blackmail them into being the driver (my wild idea :D)?

If we knew who purchased/owned the duffel bag that HB was found in, that may answer some questions for us?

there may be a second person involved, MF had to know that HB was in the vehicle at some point, I would think.
If MF had a driver perhaps the person is local to the Austin area & MF told HB “I need to drop Jane/John Doe off, it’ll just take a minute.” Then they could have went to Doe’s house & MF took charge of HB afterwards. No one can say HB would have refused to go a short distance with MF. We have no idea whether HB expected MF or not. We do know HB evidently had no qualms about entering MF’s car & apparently didn’t ask her to park & go in the apartment. Nor did she simply stand at the car to speak with MF. That makes me believe she planned to go a short distance. I know Tammy said she would not go without this & that but most mom’s don’t know what their adult kids do 100% of the time. Everyone said HB would never leave willingly but she did, per LE.
We know LE had multiple locations to search between Austin & Houston. What might they be searching for?
If another person drove & LE spoke with him/her, they’d have a route to retrieve cam footage from & would need to verify the possible driver’s story. Also receipts for formula or diapers might have been found in MF’s car, idk how prepared she was at home. Did she stop at a store on her way to HB’s?
If the breastfeeding convo took place MOO is MF claimed to have trouble & baited HB on type of formula to use, she obviously needed baby formula. We know some was delivered the day after she was arrested but she had immediate need for it.
I just left the grocery store. I watched 3 women with kids less than one year immediately depart the lot area without strapping their kids in. I could see them as I loaded my groceries. All three put their child in the vehicle, then their few bags & drove off. I guess as they drive they might manage to secure the straps. Idk.

Last edited:
If MF had a driver perhaps the person is local to the Austin area & MF told HB “I need to drop Jane/John Doe off, it’ll just take a minute.” Then they could have went to Doe’s house & MF took charge of HB afterwards. No one can say HB would have refused to go a short distance with MF. We have no idea whether HB expected MF or not. We do know HB evidently had no qualms about entering MF’s car & apparently didn’t ask her to park & go in the apartment. Nor did she simply stand at the car to speak with MF. That makes me believe she planned to go a short distance. I know Tammy said she would not go without this & that but most mom’s don’t know what their adult kids do 100% of the time. Everyone said HB would never leave willingly but she did, per LE.
We know LE had multiple locations to search between Austin & Houston. What might they be searching for?
If another person drove & LE spoke with him/her, they’d have a route to retrieve cam footage from & would need to verify the possible driver’s story. Also receipts for formula or diapers might have been found in MF’s car, idk how prepared she was at home. Did she stop at a store on her way to HB’s?
If the breastfeeding convo took place MOO is MF claimed to have trouble & baited HB on type of formula to use, she obviously needed baby formula. We know some was delivered the day after she was arrested but she had immediate need for it.
I just left the grocery store. I watched 3 women with kids less than one year immediately depart the lot area without strapping their kids in. I could see them as I loaded my groceries. All three put their child in the vehicle, then their few bags & drove off. I guess as they drive they might manage to secure the straps. Idk.
Did they ever locate HB's cell phone? There are many young mothers/parents that can't afford the price of a car seat. I see it all the time. Even adults not wearing a seat belt. Has it been confirmed one way or another that there was a car seat in MF's car?

Did they ever locate HB's cell phone? There are many young mothers/parents that can't afford the price of a car seat. I see it all the time. Even adults not wearing a seat belt. Has it been confirmed one way or another that there was a car seat in MF's car?

I never heard about Heidi’s phone being found & nothing has been said if MF had possession of it, Jmo. I think I’ve missed recent news based on posts.
Lol, one young mom I know said jokingly she’d rather take a bullet than remove her car seat & reinstall it in another vehicle. Again, she was kidding but pointing out what a not so fun task it is.

Last edited:
I never heard about Heidi’s phone & nothing has been said if MF had one, Jmo. I think I’ve missed recent news based on posts.
Lol, one young mom I know said jokingly she’d rather take a bullet than remove her car seat & reinstall it in another vehicle. Again, she was kidding but pointing out what a not so fun task it is.
Yes, the arrest affidavit states that MF's phone was in the area of Heidi's apartment on December 12th. (#43)

Well, there was a driver in the "getaway" car, but it wasn't MF, according to LE's AW.
Where is this info? I can’t find it. Ty
LE has said she was killed in the back seat of the car (MF's car) in which she was found -and they know much more than we do!
whoa.....she was strangled in the back seat of MF’s car?

Yes, the arrest affidavit states that MF's phone was in the area of Heidi's apartment on December 12th. (#43)
Right, but was it found? I have not heard, but there’s a lot of new info out here I’m unable to find a source for. We knew HB’s phone was missing per SC. I’m guessing MF had to keep it for a few days to retrieve numbers & other info she wanted. But could be she pitched it out the window or in a body of water before returning home. No idea.....afaik the items seized during SW execution was not revealed.

Last edited:
View attachment 226804

#27 says nothing about MF (or like person) returning to the passenger side, nor does it state the car “sped” off.
Is there a newer version of this I missed? Ty
MF closed both doors and the assumption is she got back inside the passenger seat but you're correct -- the AAW does not say that specifically.

I have no idea who closed the doors. Only that the AA says ‘both doors closed’.

<modsnip> It's so clear that the witness MW saw the front passenger (she id'd as MF) get out and open the rear passenger door -- leaving both doors open.

Not a single mention by MW of another party seen outside of and/or near the car or in the lot.

<modsnip> MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members