TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Fieramusca's name still show up in the arrest docket, or has it disappeared? If it's still there whoever the second person is should be there w/kidnapping and/or tampering w/evidence charges sometime between 12/19 and today. Right?

Yes, she is still showing up in the records as to her arrest and charges. I think the "arrest" verbiage was discussed with the author and pulled back as the quote of ""CrimeOnline spoke with the Austin Police Department, who confirmed that a second person has been arrested in connection with the case." has gone *poof* within the article now.

At the bottom of the web page it now states "A previous version of this story included details of an arrest that authorities cannot confirm, citing a gag order."
Heidi Broussard: Court date set for ‘close friend’ accused of abducting slain mom’s baby

Magen2.JPG Magen.JPG
Inmate Search

And yes, I agree and think you are right MOO ..but think best to roll with it IYKWIM

ETA Fox7 verbiage is clear to me "Although police haven't officially linked Fieramusca to the case, her charges match the two charges of kidnapping and one charge of tampering with a corpse that the Austin Police Department announced had been brought against a suspect when they found Broussard's body." Court date set for 'close friend' of missing Austin mother

Last edited:
The last press conference - they detained someone outside the residence - they searched the property and there was an arrest.

My take is they made MF come outside, or she came outside to keep them from going in - as soon as the search warrant were signed, they detained her and subsequently arrested her. There's no mention of anyone else being in the house or detained.

So, IMO, one arrest.

Yes, she is still showing up in the records as to her arrest and charges. I think the "arrest" verbiage was discussed with the author and pulled back as the quote of ""CrimeOnline spoke with the Austin Police Department, who confirmed that a second person has been arrested in connection with the case." has gone *poof* within the article now.

At the bottom of the web page it now states "A previous version of this story included details of an arrest that authorities cannot confirm, citing a gag order."
Heidi Broussard: Court date set for ‘close friend’ accused of abducting slain mom’s baby

View attachment 222416 View attachment 222415
Inmate Search

And yes, I agree and think you are right MOO ..but think best to roll with it IYKWIM
Anything on Wayback machine?

The verbiage has been updated in the American Statesman article to say....

Court date set for woman linked to slain Austin mom Heidi Broussard

Austin police confirmed last week they arrested a person linked to Broussard’s death on the same charges, but declined to say whether or not it was Fieramusca, citing the ongoing investigation.

(from: "Austin police confirmed last week they arrested a person linked to Broussard’s death on the same charges as Fieramusca, but declined to release the person’s identity, citing an ongoing investigation.")

In a statement to FOX 7 Austin, the lawyers representing Magen Fieramusca said that the hearing date is likely a place holder and not one in which Magen Fieramusca will be attending. "At this time, we have no information from the Travis County District Attorney’s Office regarding additional charges and do not know when Ms. Fieramusca will appear in court. As with every American accused of a crime, unless the State can prove these allegations beyond any reasonable doubt, Ms. Fieramusca is innocent."

Court date set for 'close friend' of missing Austin mother

View attachment 222416 View attachment 222415
Inmate Search

A gag order has to do with a Judge and pending lawsuits. It sounds like someone is trying to get an attorney to give out info. JMO

I disagree after spending time earlier today going through Austin and Houston, try this to check it out.

Go to Inmate Search and put in her last name Fieramusca. See the charges? Now do the same with the last name of Green in Austin, or in Houston. I see nothing related to this case.View attachment 222379View attachment 222384
I wish they displayed a listing of every inmate (& his/her arresting charge) booked into the jail on a particular date. My county jail’s website does this and it’s amazing.

ETA Fox7 verbiage is clear to me "Although police haven't officially linked Fieramusca to the case, her charges match the two charges of kidnapping and one charge of tampering with a corpse that the Austin Police Department announced had been brought against a suspect when they found Broussard's body." Court date set for 'close friend' of missing Austin mother

This is as close as it can get to how I would like to hear it at this point, which would be 'we've arrested ONE person on these charges and we can't say who it is but it's her'.

A Death Certificate has been issued. Law Enforcement wouldn't release the body without a death certificate. A Death Certificate is a pretty important legal document. A Funeral Home can't have a funeral service, cremate a body in their possession without a death certificate. I doubt law enforcement will release a death certificate to the public, at this moment, it may be under seal as well.

The key report to find what happened to Heidi Broussard is the autopsy report. The prosecution's case against Heidi Broussard will have the autopsy report as the foundation for their case. The toxicology report will also be crucial. Heidi's family and Shane Carey will need a death certificate or many official copies, to close Heidi's bank account, transfer car titles, close credit cards, validate custody forms for Heidi's two surviving children, but I doubt the death certificate will be release publicly right now.
Not true. I lost my son. His body was released to us the following day, after the autopsy. Service and cremation was a week after his death. The following week we received a "preliminary" death certificate which was not fully completed. It was a month or so before we received the final death certificate that was filed with the county/state.

It can take a few weeks to a couple of months to get toxicology results, and until the toxicology results are in they can't complete the autopsy report, and the coroner can't sign the death certificate (with cause and manner of death) until the autopsy report is complete.

ETA - our experience was that no one would accept the preliminary/pending death certificate. Everyone we had to present one to wanted the final.

Last edited:
According to Leigh Egan from Crimeonline.com, THERE IS A SECOND SUSPECT and this person is charged with the same thing. That could be tampering with evidence and nothing more. We just don't know. Leigh's source is someone at the Austin P.D.

I'm not even shocked. I thinks she had someone in the back seat and had Heidi get in the passenger side with her that way they could use the ligature to strangle her.

Wow.

Thursday, December 19, 2019

I feel a bit sick. They are also having a viewing. If she had been in the trunk for a week, in the sun, would that even be possible?

This isn’t good is it. I’d at least hoped she hadn’t suffered.

ETA - it could just be the date she was found as pointed out. That provides some relief. I’m still wondering about the viewing though

When people pay their respects the casket is either open or closed and at the family's discretion

Last edited:
How does the "time in custody" search work? It says enter "cause or warrant" in the search field. I tried using names of crimes (i.e. kidnapping) which got me no results. Then I tried entering date range--again no results. When I put a particular date in there I would get results but the results didn't match the date I entered, or even the year.

I'm happy to search through individual records to see if I can find someone detained with the same charge(s) as MF but I need to know what to info to enter. Anyone?
For Tampering, enter cause # 302439. For Kidnapping, 302437. MOO

Last edited:
Yes, that must be it. That ws reported very early in breaking arrest story. I got impression person ws released without charge following questions, I assumed it was somebody helping with the baby that was present in her home when police called to arrest her?
I was never very clear about what went down on that day. Not sure if CG was around when MF was arrested or if it happened later. For some reason it was murky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23