TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by CathyinTexas, Dec 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

I agree. In the photo's with Heidi he looks happy and content, in the interviews, he looks distraught and exhausted IMO I wouldn't expect him to look like he does in the photo's being shared. Again, JMO.

2. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for taking the time to transcribe, would you mind bumping that post again?

3. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

No flag.

The Broussards traveled from Lake Charles, Louisiana last week after Heidi's fiancé Shane called to tell them she and Margot were missing.

Parents of missing Austin mother say there's no way she and newborn left voluntarily

I recall reading another story early on that he called them that night but couldn't find it with a quick search (so many of these articles have been updated and in the process the news stations are deleting earlier info... frustrating!)

4. ReadyorNot

ReadyorNot Well-Known Member

That family member is Ty Carey who has been present in Shane's interviews.

altojack, Suthrnqt, Sunny123 and 3 others like this.
  5. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

6. Beth11311

Beth11311 Well-Known Member

Something I’ve been thinking about - in one of the photos often used in MSM to show Heidi and baby Margo, Heidi is wearing a ring sling.

Wonder if that’s missing? Maybe she was wearing baby M.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  7. GordianKnot

GordianKnot On Time Out

BBM:

In the article, it states that her parents "traveled from Lake Charles, Louisiana last week after Heidi's fiancé Shane called to tell them she and Margot were missing."

There's a world of difference b/t SC calling to notify her parents that she and HC are missing, and calling to ask her parents whether or not they've heard from her at all.

It almost sounds as if he knew they hadn't heard from her.

Throwing the flag on this one, the fact that I'm not a referee, notwithstanding.

JMO.

Alcina, cedgison, TRB and 21 others like this.
  8. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

His fb is off limits

9. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Someone described the feelings and emotions of families in a missing person case as "everything fades to black, except whatever concerns finding your loved one". I hate witnessing their pain,

10. Beth11311

Beth11311 Well-Known Member

Can also differ slightly based on size of baby IME, my older daughter was over 6lbs so we saw them 2 weeks out after the first apt, with our younger one she was 5lbs and they had us come back at a few days old and again 5 days after that. Might also depend on pediatrician. We are in ATX, too.

11. Heisenberg's Hat

Heisenberg's Hat Verified Law Enforcement

The Incident Card lists a specific apartment for the offense location. I'm not sure about Texas but in Pennsylvania, the family disturbance would have occurred in that specific apartment. If the complainant's address is different from the location of the offense/call for service, that address would be listed separately.

margarita25, TRB, susiQ and 14 others like this.
  12. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Well. He’s a mover so some things might be able to be explained away. Some, not so much.

13. MSangi81

MSangi81 Well-Known Member

How often do these pleas and interviews with family members bring a baby back? Or anyone for that matter?
    I agree that getting a face and a description out to the public is important. It is the public that very often brings the missing back. Getting that information out is important. Maybe even a press conference I could see, but how does it benefit this man to keep putting himself out there to have the public label him a suspect when police haven't even done so?

Leader6518, kimpage and iluvmua like this.
  14. NWLady

NWLady Well-Known Member

BBM: Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. It makes so much sense when you word it that way. Your post is appreciated. :)

15. Tuliptiptoe

Tuliptiptoe Well-Known Member

Me too. I can’t imagine anything worse than the not knowing. And some people never gets answers. It’s painful.

16. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

APD Incident Reports Database

When I looked it up at the link above -- the "case history" is blank.

Warwick7, susiQ, Steph8angels and 5 others like this.
  17. Tuliptiptoe

Tuliptiptoe Well-Known Member

BBM - I don’t think people missing loved ones care. I personally would take any chance.

And getting descriptions out - that’s part of the problem here. SC gave 3 separate interviews and none of them gave a personal description of HB or his daughter. No information on what they might be wearing when he last saw them. No photo being held up to camera.

moo

Alcina, TRB, susiQ and 18 others like this.
  18. B4igo2it

B4igo2it Well-Known Member

As each day goes by, the odds of her being a "runaway" diminishes IMHO. I wonder if she was lured away under the pretense something happened to their child in school. Panic mode, leave personal items behind, and hurriedly leave with SC.

SuperTmo and jellybean96 like this.
  19. MassGuy

MassGuy On Time Out

The issue isn’t if it works, the issue is the fact that it flies in the face of both human nature, and usual behavior, to not keep putting yourself out there.

This isn’t a murder case where some people stand pat, and allow law enforcement to do their jobs.

This is a missing persons case, involving a mother and child. If the concern is public perception, your priorities are ass backwards.

That’s the issue.

Sunny123, TRB, crhedBngr and 30 others like this.
  20. tabitha111

tabitha111 Well-Known Member

FYI~this was in Feb 2019 she was the complainant.

Attached Files:

LaLaw2000, margarita25, TRB and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.