TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by CathyinTexas, Dec 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alathea

Alathea Well-Known Member

In the photo with the car (^ last photo in the group above), it appears there are some back stairs, some greenery (not sure if there are windows deeper in there) and then the back of an apartment, which - because it backs up to the parking lot - probably keeps the shades down, possibly all the time.

Not much between her car and the stairs.

2. UnderstandBlue

UnderstandBlue Well-Known Member

The SWAT incident?

3. WillenFan21

WillenFan21 Well-Known Member

Reminder that only MSM, Victim, and Suspect social media posts are allowed to be discussed on here. Otherwise it’s another reason the thread can be shut down.

4. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

x_files and Subiechik21 like this.
  5. UnderstandBlue

6. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

There's nothing on APD twitter feed that I see. Bank robbery, traffic fatality, more robberies (yes, sounds like Austin), Shop with a Cop, Cocoa with a cop, happy holiday retweet, another traffic fatality, bank robbery, convenience store robbery, crash, traffic signal, etc etc etc. The tweet 12 hours ago was for an unrelated SWAT incident over along IH35 SB.

What on earth are y'all talking about?

margarita25, Sunny123, susiQ and 19 others like this.
  7. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

Stand down everyone ;)

8. Heaven Leigh

Heaven Leigh Well-Known Member

"As of Wednesday, Austin Police say they have no further updates on the case.

In the meantime, community members are planning a search for Heidi and Margot this weekend. Organizer Sarra tells us people are on standby and prepared to help."

However, Austin Police say at this time, a community-led search will likely not help them and they will request assistance if needed."

FBI asking to search homes near missing mother, newborn apartment

9. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I wonder if older women don’t get as many gifts unless having a first baby. Some people deviate from the registry and choose their own gift. Moo

FelicityLemon, Kudzu, susiQ and 11 others like this.
  10. PiertotumLocomotor

PiertotumLocomotor Well-Known Member

Do we know she used the carrier for the baby?

I avoided using it as much as I could, leaving it in the car whenever possible because it was heavy and awkward to carry. Then again I’m very petite and not very strong. It FLOORS me when I see other moms with the carrier hooked in their arms like it’s nbd! Supermoms!

Anyway, if I lived in a third floor apartment, my priorities would have been the baby and my purse. I’d have my purse on one shoulder and baby in my arms. Diaper bag could wait, especially if I had diaper supplies in the house. Get inside, put baby in safe place- crib, pack n play, bassinet, lock door, then race down stairs, grab stuff and race back up.

In Texas so it can’t be too cold right? Was it raining? One reason to keep baby in carrier would be for protection from weather elements.

Not really sure where I’m going with this, but just adding my perspective :)

11. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

That's the only thing I found going back a few days that *might* have any sort of bearing on this. But I don't think it's likely to be related.

12. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Not aimed at you, thank you for linking. But unless someone can provide the relevance to the barricaded subject, this means bupkis?

13. UnderstandBlue

My opinion on this is based on what her mom said, having stayed with her immediately after Margo was born. Parents of missing Austin mother say there's no way she and newborn left voluntarily

14. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

IIRC, it was about 40 degrees that morning. MOO

ETA: Past Weather in Austin, Texas, USA — Yesterday or Further Back

15. PiertotumLocomotor

PiertotumLocomotor Well-Known Member

I didn’t have a shower for my youngest, but I did make a registry mostly for myself and if anyone asked. After baby is born, some stores will send you a coupon so you can purchase the rest of the stuff on your registry.

16. cody22

cody22 Former Member

17. Hatch

Hatch Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, sorry you have to babysit threads. The WS's that understand the rules are appreciative.

18. Tuliptiptoe

Tuliptiptoe Well-Known Member

Her mom said HB never left the apartment without Margo strapped in the carrier and the diaper bag strapped to her back.

I lived in a gated community, third floor up for one year while we had renovations done to our home. I gave birth to our 3rd child while living there. I also always strapped our baby into the carrier portion of the car seat because, true or not, I felt like if I tripped the car seat with the handle up would offer some protection for the baby.

For what it’s worth I would never have left our baby up in the apartment even to run and grab something from the car. It wouldn’t be worth even a small risk to me to have something happen to baby and be 3 flights away or have something happen to me and no one knows the baby is there.

Also our gates worked well, but residents would buzz anyone in regardless of if they knew them, so pretty useless.

moo

JB1958, susiQ, crhedBngr and 26 others like this.
  19. UnderstandBlue

Correct. Warms up fast when it's sunny - that's why most of us don't own jackets or close-toed shoes. It was about 80 for most of the day. If you can survive the drive to Sbux it's warm after that :)

20. Silentob52

Silentob52 Well-Known Member

I totally agree! My grandaughter attends an after school onsite program. I thought the exact thing. I believe he also felt this would help his case in pretending nothing is amiss. If I go get him then it means I know she isn't able to get him. It plays into his narrative to say "She's not there?" when they call. It also gave him more time like you said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.