TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to go back and listen/watch the videotaped interview...did SC categorically state her purse was left in the car?

I don't recall hearing/seeing that the older son was hers but not his, either.

JMO.

The son is both of theirs - he has a daughter from another marriage.

Start at 5:42 - says purse is in apartment, at 6:05 says it was in the car: Boyfriend of missing South Austin woman, baby speaks out

Did I read that the boyfriend picked up the oldest from school the day Heidi went missing. Is this usual or did Heidi normally do that? Lots of questions!

Worried about this mom and her infant daughter, I don't see her leaving with only one child. She looks like a very involved and doting mom on her social media.
If you haven't watched this video, it's a must-see. :)

DEC 16, 2019
Heidi Broussard Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
[…]

An Austin Police Department press release says that Broussard, 33, and Carey were last seen about 7:50 a.m. at Cowan Elementary School, located along 2817 Kentish Drive. Broussard was dropping off a child at the school. Police believe that Broussard and Carey returned to their home close to West William Cannon and South First Street.

[…]

A friend, Caressa Rachelle Nolte, wrote on Facebook, “She went to (the) book fair today at 8 a.m. with her little boy then at 12 her (fiance) tried to call her and it went to voicemail like it was dead then at 6 p.m. the school called her (fiance) and said that Heidi had never showed up to get (their) little boy.”

[…]

… The missing persons reports were filed about 7 p.m. CBS Austin noted that when they spoke to him, Carey was at a T-Mobile store attempted to get Broussard’s cell phone records. Carey told the station, “If you see an awesome mom with a baby walking around or in a suspicious van or car or anything, please just somebody call.”

[…]

Carey denied any involvement in the disappearance of Broussard and his daughter. He told Fox 7 News he was aware of the “scrutiny” surrounding him among people following the case. “I know it’s a question,” he told the news station. “I don’t know how to handle it, I just ignore it. I know it’s not true.”

[…]

CBS Austin reports Broussard worked at a Cracker Barrel in Buda, Texas. Broussard has worked at the location since 2015. Co-workers told the station that Broussard has been off work since giving birth on November 26. According to Broussard’s Facebook page, she studied to be a veterinary technician in college.

Broussard’s son was born in July 2013, according to her Facebook page. She and Shane Carey met in 2009 and they have been engaged since 2012, after he proposed to her in November of that year, Broussard said on Facebook.

[…]

Broussard is originally from Lake Charles, Louisiana, according to public records. She and Carey have also lived in Kyle, Texas.

[…]

Mike Galanos - A mom and her 2-week-old baby VANISH... | Facebook (video)
A mom and her 2-week-old baby VANISH without a trace ...and police have no idea what happened to her. Where is Heidi Broussard?and

MikeGalanosHLN on Twitter (video)
BBM:

Ohhhhhhh, I wouldn't be too sure about that, Mike.

Something tells me LE has a pretty good idea what happened to her, which, by the way, should be "them," plural.

I've noticed SC has used the singular "her" vs. the plural "they" when talking about their disappearances, too.

Not a good sign.

JMO.

Last edited:
OMG thank yoooou Mods for opening this thread back up. Thank you @Tricia for giving specifics on what exactly is allowed to be said.

Here is something I’m very concerned about (for lack of a better term):

I’m only a few seconds into this video and I find it odd that his cell phone is ringing and he doesn’t even look at it. Sure it could be an unimportant call, but it could also be Heidi, the police calling with information, a hospital calling. This to me is one of the biggest flags yet - he says “I don’t care about the phone”, doesn’t even look at it. Sure the media interview is important if he’s trying to get the word out but YKWIM.

He may look at his phone later in the video, as I said I’m only a minute in but can somebody please give a reasonable explanation as to why you wouldn’t even LOoK at your phone in a situation like this. I would be GLUED to be phone jumping at every single call. Moo.

Video:
Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out
I watched the video and he looks at the phone immediately after taking it out of his pocket.

i noticed something in the dad's interview. it's a little stupid thing, but it got my attention. it causes me to think this man sorta talks out his rear end sometimes.

in the interview, the reporter asked how he feels about people blaming him on the internet. he says he "just ignores it", but a few seconds later, he says he "hasn't seen any comments [like that]".

just like he said her purse was upstairs, but a few seconds later, he says her purse was found in the car.

OMG thank yoooou Mods for opening this thread back up. Thank you @Tricia for giving specifics on what exactly is allowed to be said.

Here is something I’m very concerned about (for lack of a better term):

I’m only a few seconds into this video and I find it odd that his cell phone is ringing and he doesn’t even look at it. Sure it could be an unimportant call, but it could also be Heidi, the police calling with information, a hospital calling. This to me is one of the biggest flags yet - he says “I don’t care about the phone”, doesn’t even look at it. Sure the media interview is important if he’s trying to get the word out but YKWIM.

He may look at his phone later in the video, as I said I’m only a minute in but can somebody please give a reasonable explanation as to why you wouldn’t even LOoK at your phone in a situation like this. I would be GLUED to be phone jumping at every single call. Moo.

Video:
Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out

I guess he's been getting a lot of calls from media organizations, maybe also friends just calling to see how he's doing and if there's been any news.

At first he seemed to just laugh it off as ironic that the phone was ringing (yet again?) right when he was trying to speak to media. I am surprised he didn't jump to check who was calling before having that reaction, just in case it was police calling with news that was more important than the interview.... but I guess he just figured it would be yet another media call that could be put off?

And then when he did take the phone out of his pocket, I think he glanced at it to see who the caller was before shutting the call off, so I guess his assumption was correct that it was something that could wait five minutes.

i noticed something in the dad's interview. it's a little stupid thing, but it got my attention. it causes me to think this man sorta talks out his rear end sometimes.

in the interview, the reporter asked how he feels about people blaming him on the internet. he says he "just ignores it", but a few seconds later, he says he "hasn't seen any comments [like that]".

just like he said her purse was upstairs, but a few seconds later, he says her purse was found in the car.
Yes, I find these "discrepancies" most concerning. I'm sure LE are dissecting the interviews and taking notes as well.

So thinking more about Standard Investigative Procedure, we know that LE will be interviewing other children in the family.

This will be done delicately and may include questions like, “Have you ever seen your parents argue? Have you ever seen your dad hit your mom...”

Things like that. I think interviews with S will be important for investigators to get an idea of the nature of the dynamics in the household.

Bryce Newberry on Twitter
“The disappearance of Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey is still a very active and ongoing investigation. We don’t have any new information to provide at this time. Detectives are actively working the case and are not able to step away at this time to provide on-camera interviews”
2:34 PM · Dec 16, 2019 from Austin, TX·Twitter for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member